• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Vaping Kills!

He drew his vaping device like a gun. Suicide by cop.
What independent evidence do you have that indicates this victim wished to die?
NPR reporter indicated the video still indicated as such. It sounds like he just went mental. The local police weren't trained for mental illness cases like this because they are a small department.

Based on what I've heard, I think this was a similar, one tazed and one shot a gun, however, the circumstances implied they were reacting reasonably to a perceived threat. Had they had training to handle this situation it could have ended differently.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-unarmed-el-cajon-fatal-shooting-20160928-snap-story.html

Sister calls police for help with brother who has mental health issues. Brother shot dead while brandishing his vaping device.

He drew his vaping device like a gun. Suicide by cop.
There is no indication he wanted to commit suicide, but rather he was having mental illness troubles at that moment, which leads some people to do some erratic things.

NPR reporter indicated the video still indicated as such. It sounds like he just went mental. The local police weren't trained for mental illness cases like this because they are a small department.

Based on what I've heard, I think this was a similar, one tazed and one shot a gun, however, the circumstances implied they were reacting reasonably to a perceived threat. Had they had training to handle this situation it could have ended differently.
How is vaping device a threat? I do agree that if they had proper training, their perceptions might have been different.

How is vaping device a threat? I do agree that if they had proper training, their perceptions might have been different.
Obviously, it wasn't the device that was the threat. He allegedly whipped it out of his pocket and went into a shooting position. If officers have no cover, I can understand that being perceived as a direct threat to their and bystanders. Once video is released, it will give a better understanding to the events.

Looks like he was mimicing the cops. maybe if they hadn't immediately drawn down on him he wouldn't have done what scared the officers

Obviously, it wasn't the device that was the threat. He allegedly whipped it out of his pocket and went into a shooting position. If officers have no cover, I can understand that being perceived as a direct threat to their and bystanders. Once video is released, it will give a better understanding to the events.
The only this makes any sense is if the officers fired without knowing what was in his hand. I find that a disturbing explanation.

The only this makes any sense is if the officers fired without knowing what was in his hand. I find that a disturbing explanation.
Seriously, or are you just using that as a come-back?

Back
Top Bottom