• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Vicious elitist scientist takes away Trump's free speech rights

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-c...by-climate-change-not-poor-forest-management/

Trump's tweet was unusually ignorant, fact-free, and lacking in basic human empathy even by conservative/libertarian standards.

Trump's tweet said:
There is no reason for these massive, deadly and costly forest fires in California except that forest management is so poor. Billions of dollars are given each year, with so many lives lost, all because of gross mismanagement of the forests. Remedy now, or no more Fed payments!

Can anyone explain to me why conservolibertarians seem to think that only red states deserve federal assistance with natural disaster? Particularly given that conservolibertarian government policies have made certain kinds of natural disasters likely to be more frequent and more severe? If we're going to withhold natural disaster assistance based on politics, we should withhold assistance to the red states who deliberately pushed for government policies that made this shit worse.

Trump's tweet was unusually ignorant, fact-free, and lacking in basic human empathy even by conservative/libertarian standards.

Wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen or heard that in the last 2 years...

If we're going to withhold natural disaster assistance based on politics, we should withhold assistance to the red states who deliberately pushed for government policies that made this shit worse.

Yes, we should withhold federal funds from everyone, so we can give Trump's donors another massive tax break.

Wish I had a nickel for every time I've seen or heard that in the last 2 years...

If we're going to withhold natural disaster assistance based on politics, we should withhold assistance to the red states who deliberately pushed for government policies that made this shit worse.

Yes, we should withhold federal funds from everyone, so we can give Trump's donors another massive tax break.

Great idea.

You know what? If we eliminated the US military, we could give the elites a yuge tax cut!

Great idea.

You know what? If we eliminated the US military, we could give the elites a yuge tax cut!

I think you just gained eligibility for a Cabinet position!

Back
Top Bottom