• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Victoria Falls, Zambia or Zimbabwe?

Tigers!

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Bible believing revelational redemptionist (Baptist)
Shwhmubo and I are going in Nov. to South Africa for a neice's wedding. Neither of us have been there before and are rather looking forward to it.
The usual what to see, what to do? We only have 11 days there.
We will visit a game park and want to go to Victoria Falls. Which side is the best?
Have any one any recommendations?
I did want to visit a diamond mine but all the ones near Johannesburg do not seem to run underground tours in mid-late Nov. :mad:(n)

Shwhmubo and I are going in Nov. to South Africa for a neice's wedding. Neither of us have been there before and are rather looking forward to it.
We will visit a game park and want to go to Victoria Falls. Which side is the best?
I did want to visit a diamond mine but all the ones near Johannesburg do not seem to run underground tours in mid-late Nov. :mad:(n)
https://www.discoverafrica.com/blog...established hotels,this kind of curio tourism.

My vague memory is that the Zimbabwe side is supposed to be better, but that was more than 40 years ago, things could have changed or my memory could be off. I do recall a bridge with a rainbow wrapped all the way around (except where the bridge blocked your view) but I can't recall which side. It is a time of day thing, only visible when the sun is in the right part of the sky.

Just returned from our trip to South Africa for a neice's wedding. Shwhmubo and I both enjoyed it immensely apart from the rolling power blackouts in Zimbabwe & Sth Africa.
The animals were amazing (I have seen more elephants in one day that all my visits to zoos).
Despite being in the dry season Victoria Falls were magnificent. Hard to imagine that that dry 400m of rock wall will be covered in water in 6-8 weeks. The Zimbabwe end falls registered 80db whilst we were there. The Zambian end was only 50db.
Fortunately Southern Africa is wise and drives on the left of the road. Distressed by the poverty that so many blacks live in though.
Makes us realise for all our whinging we are blessed to live in the land down under.

both are good, but different--Zimbabwe would probably be better this time of year. The bridge crossing, if it is open, is spectacular. According to my mother I reacted with great enthusiasm at the spectacle the first time we made the crossing, when I was 1.

Back
Top Bottom