• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Video on "The Alliance of Islam & the Left"

repoman

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Science Based Atheism

This *seems* reasonable to some degree, but my understanding of this topic is fairly low.

For leftists, I think that once Islam gets a total lock they will get the punishment of Sharia.

Repoman, what do you mean by "leftists"? This speaker keeps babbling about "communism and fascism". You need to know that what is referred to as "The Left" and resulting "leftists" in the US are far from coming even remotely close to embracing communism let alone fascism. Maybe can you define what you mean by "leftists".

For leftists, I think that once Islam gets a total lock they will get the punishment of Sharia.
On what type of fear mongering propaganda are you basing your prediction of " I think once Islam gets a total lock...."?

Communism is a totalitarian ideology? I thought it worked equally well with hippy counterculture communes...
Never knew that Sunbear was a tyrant.

Repoman, what do you mean by "leftists"? This speaker keeps babbling about "communism and fascism". You need to know that what is referred to as "The Left" and resulting "leftists" in the US are far from coming even remotely close to embracing communism let alone fascism. Maybe can you define what you mean by "leftists".

On what type of fear mongering propaganda are you basing your prediction of " I think once Islam gets a total lock...."?

While they don't embrace communism they do seem to be manipulated by it.

Compare leftist positions to what their ideals say they should support and compare them with what Moscow would like people doing--there's far too many cases where they go with the latter rather than the former. (It's not that Moscow likes Islam, but rather enemy-of-my-enemy.)

That being said, I didn't watch much of the video, the guy obviously has some pretty whacked out politics.

Compare leftist positions to what their ideals say they should support and compare them with what Moscow would like people doing--there's far too many cases where they go with the latter rather than the former. (It's not that Moscow likes Islam, but rather enemy-of-my-enemy.)

That being said, I didn't watch much of the video, the guy obviously has some pretty whacked out politics.

Er...

"...compare them with what Moscow would like people doing"?

You do know that the Communists haven't been in power in Moscow for about twenty years, right? :confused:

A few minutes into the video, my eyes glazed over and the next thing you know I was thinking about this video:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxfzm9dfqBw[/YOUTUBE]

Could you provide reality based examples (meaning not fictive) of such "leftist positions" illustrating those "there's far too many cases where they go with the latter rather than the former"?

I actually twisted my own arm to suffer through his entire tirade! I mean I was under the impression that repoman was going to invest his time and energy into his own thread and that if I were to invest my own, I should lend an ear or 2 to this guy's speech. However, it seems that repoman has not reappeared in his own thread, maybe just losing interest and redirecting his time on a new thread he created today.

I certainly agree with you that the guy obviously has some pretty whacked out politics. I would have liked though for repoman to address my question regarding whichever reasoning behind his own comment :

My question being :

Back
Top Bottom