• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Vile Conservative Bitch Wants Our Sympathy

I never said that FOX shouldn't be held accountable, or that Ailes isn't a peice of shit. If it happened, they should pay-up.

I am saying that Tantaros is unworthy of any sympathy. Sorry, somebody that attacks blacks, atheists, Arabs, gays, Mexicans, environmentalists, and poor people on a regular basis is not going to get any sympathy from me.

I disagree with your assessment. I think we can have sympathy for her in a situation that is removed from her potentially vile conservative positions, without showing any sympathy or support for he conservative outlook. You previously mentioned the way she dressed, and showed her legs on camera. That was part of the sexual harassment culture prevalent at Fox News, as Gretchen Carlson and other women there have noted. They were required to wear tight fitting outfits, and cameras were placed at angles to show their legs, whether they liked it or not. To complain about such things was to risk their jobs. Finding a comparable job at another network would be difficult given their on air personas at Fox News.
Who cares? Tantaros and company have made big money by spewing bigoted bullshit against all kinds of races, sexual orientations, religions, and people living in poverty that can't afford health care. They are not people the left should be glorifying like they did with Carlson.

And she's not like most women. Most women don't her opportunities and income, and don't have a choice in these kind of situations.

Well that's where it begins, isn't it? Sexual harassment, I mean.

You're basically saying that because she's a terrible person in your opinion, she deserves whatever she got. You're like Ailes. She's just a piece of shit with big tits and nice legs, so fuck her and the horse she rode in on. She's an object, and as such should be happy to be treated like shit.

Am I missing something here?
Yeah, a lot actually.

How you got that from my OP I have no idea.

Maybe it was the part where you called the women who work at Fox "whores."

I disagree with your assessment. I think we can have sympathy for her in a situation that is removed from her potentially vile conservative positions, without showing any sympathy or support for he conservative outlook. You previously mentioned the way she dressed, and showed her legs on camera. That was part of the sexual harassment culture prevalent at Fox News, as Gretchen Carlson and other women there have noted. They were required to wear tight fitting outfits, and cameras were placed at angles to show their legs, whether they liked it or not. To complain about such things was to risk their jobs. Finding a comparable job at another network would be difficult given their on air personas at Fox News.
Who cares? Tantaros and company have made big money by spewing bigoted bullshit against all kinds of races, sexual orientations, religions, and people living in poverty that can't afford health care. They are not people the left should be glorifying like they did with Carlson.

And she's not like most women. Most women don't her opportunities and income, and don't have a choice in these kind of situations.

I did not say that she should be glorified, in fact I said previously that showing sympathy for this particular situation doesn't mean that we are venerating her, or ignoring any other negative things she has done. There is room for both showing sympathy for what might have happened to her in one situation, while otherwise generally loathing her publicly stated views on unrelated topics.

I agree. However, there is some question as to whether or not Tantros was actually a victim of UNWANTED attention. G. Carlson was the first to break the silence with a well documented case (so much so they gave her 21 million, without a trial). But Tantros had been booted out before that, for other reasons, and she jumped on the bandwagon AFTER others made these claims.

Given how much she craved erotic attention in general, her claim is suspect opportunism.

Well, the revealing clothing is a job requirement. But yeah, it's like, you can't rape a whore!

I agree. However, there is some question as to whether or not Tantros was actually a victim of UNWANTED attention. G. Carlson was the first to break the silence with a well documented case (so much so they gave her 21 million, without a trial). But Tantros had been booted out before that, for other reasons, and she jumped on the bandwagon AFTER others made these claims.

Given how much she craved erotic attention in general, her claim is suspect opportunism.

Well, the revealing clothing is a job requirement. But yeah, it's like, you can't rape a whore!

I mean, at that point you'd be more guilty of fraud than anything else...

Dumb jokes not withstanding, I think there is a core misunderstanding here between belief and action. Sea of Red is NOT saying that you shouldn't have the same emotional responses you would have otherwise. The whole point is "This lady was a monster, and given that not all victims get media spotlights, maybe we intentionally focus our efforts on people who aren't slimy ex-Fox employee's, k?"

Dumb jokes not withstanding, I think there is a core misunderstanding here between belief and action. Sea of Red is NOT saying that you shouldn't have the same emotional responses you would have otherwise. The whole point is "This lady was a monster, and given that not all victims get media spotlights, maybe we intentionally focus our efforts on people who aren't slimy ex-Fox employee's, k?"

That wasn't a reply to Sea.

That wasn't a reply to Sea.

Oh, only the joke about about fraud was about you :p

People are just consistently misunderstanding seas point and I don't like to multipost

I never said that FOX shouldn't be held accountable, or that Ailes isn't a peice of shit. If it happened, they should pay-up.

I am saying that Tantaros is unworthy of any sympathy. Sorry, somebody that attacks blacks, atheists, Arabs, gays, Mexicans, environmentalists, and poor people on a regular basis is not going to get any sympathy from me.

She does not really want sympathy, she wants money, truckload of money.

Back
Top Bottom