• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Virus Blasphemy

Holy Synod: blasphemy to think holy communion could spread viruses

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/11/...to-think-holy-communion-could-spread-viruses/

In a statement on Wednesday, the Holy Synod argued that receiving Holy Communion from the same spoon as hundreds of others was safe for believers.

If it wouldn’t affect so many other people, I’d say let them follow their beliefs, wherever that may take them.

Maybe issue stickers at the service?
"God is my sanitizer! Jesus my facemask!" Then people outside the Collective would know not to cross that boundary, shake that hand, etc.

Holy Synod: blasphemy to think holy communion could spread viruses

https://cyprus-mail.com/2020/03/11/...to-think-holy-communion-could-spread-viruses/

In a statement on Wednesday, the Holy Synod argued that receiving Holy Communion from the same spoon as hundreds of others was safe for believers.

If it wouldn’t affect so many other people, I’d say let them follow their beliefs, wherever that may take them.

Evangelicals tend to flock together. They also tend to worship an orange demon, and if they wish to gather together to celebrate their common values I support them in that 100%.

Same as Iran saying they wouldn't close the mosques because that would be an insult to Allah.

Now it looks like they have infected the head of Hezbollah.

Same as Iran saying they wouldn't close the mosques because that would be an insult to Allah.
I've seen American Muslims suggesting new practices, maybe gathering for prayer isn't necessary.
And other Muslims suggest Jihad as a method to cure coronavirus. Some people's moods have improved.

So maybe the solution isn't to ban their travel, but assimilate them as fast as possible.

I've seen American Muslims suggesting new practices, maybe gathering for prayer isn't necessary.
And other Muslims suggest Jihad as a method to cure coronavirus. Some people's moods have improved.

So maybe the solution isn't to ban their travel, but assimilate them as fast as possible.

You mean, like the Borg?

I'll give you the honor of delivering the "Resistance is futile" speech.

In the name of Darwinism, I fully support those that feel physically shielded by their faith to go right ahead and lick each other's tongues on a spoon.

Virus ridden Republicans are being urged to show up at Dem polling places in contested purple districts on Tuesday.* Touch a lot of things etc. ...
By November that should give them a 6-8 point edge.

*Not really. That I know of. But it wouldn't surprise me.

Virus ridden Republicans are being urged to show up at Dem polling places in contested purple districts on Tuesday.* Touch a lot of things etc. ...

Why would Democrats be scared of a Democratic hoax?

Still falling for that one, Loren? I'm surprised at you!
No, obviously the idea is sicken and/or kill as many Dems as possible by November without *technically* breaking the law in any provable way.

* Since we all know now that the spirit of the law doesn't apply to Republicans

No, obviously the idea is sicken and/or kill as many Dems as possible by November without *technically* breaking the law in any provable way.

I'm not falling for it. What I'm saying is that if they believe it's a Democrat hoax why would they make an effort to spread it? A hoax is no actual threat.

I'm not falling for it. What I'm saying is that if they believe it's a Democrat hoax why would they make an effort to spread it? A hoax is no actual threat.
It USED to be a hoax, now it's bad.
And it used to be bad to politicize the pandemic, but that's old news, too.

Da Looominottypublicans know it ain't no hoax.

Louisiana pastor holds church service for over 300 people, defying governor's coronavirus ban

Spell said police showed up at Life Tabernacle Church in East Baton Rouge Parish following the service and told him the National Guard would break up any future services larger than 50 people.

"It's not a concern," Spell told WAFB. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

However, Spell said 305 people attended the Tuesday night service and boasted that more people attended on Sunday.

"I had 1,170 in attendance Sunday," Spell said. "We have 27 buses on Sundays picking up people in a five parish area," he said.

There truly are some ignoramuses out there. Over a thousand people from surrounding parishes bused in for the service! Sounds like those Korean wackos.

The spirit will protect and cure us. If it doesn't we'll go to the hospital and also blame the government.

Houston, we have a control group

Louisiana pastor holds church service for over 300 people, defying governor's coronavirus ban

Spell said police showed up at Life Tabernacle Church in East Baton Rouge Parish following the service and told him the National Guard would break up any future services larger than 50 people.

"It's not a concern," Spell told WAFB. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

However, Spell said 305 people attended the Tuesday night service and boasted that more people attended on Sunday.

"I had 1,170 in attendance Sunday," Spell said. "We have 27 buses on Sundays picking up people in a five parish area," he said.

There truly are some ignoramuses out there. Over a thousand people from surrounding parishes bused in for the service! Sounds like those Korean wackos.

Seems like we have a 305 person control group, to help test the validity of social distancing. Can we track them all down and get them Covid-19 tested in a couple of weeks?

Moose

Last edited:
He is my shield and my succor in time of need. Scripture says: 'They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.' Gospel of Mark, Chapter the Sixteenth. Hell, I aint a-scared of no caroney bug! Ya can't even see 'em, and I can see a sarpint. You sayin the LORD cannot put down a caroney bug?

Back
Top Bottom