• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Voter disenfranchisement, Georgia style

IIUC this is just one of several shenanigans Georgia Maggots are already pushing. Shenanigans which should be illegal, but aren't because Maggots control courts and all branches of their state government.

So, Georgia should probably be crossed off the list of swing states. (And Arizona is well on their way to planning shenanigans as bad as Georgia's IIUC.)

I just realized that the webpage https://www.270towin.com/ lets one specify any of a dozen defaults. Among the defaults, the Cook Political Report and Elections Daily and cnalysis show only three states as Toss-Up; and Harris must win all three (WI, MI, PA) to eke out a 270-268 Electoral win. "538 Model" and JHK Forecasts are similar but NV gets promoted from pinkish to Toss-Up.

Since the Maggots win on a 269-269 tie, Omaha's single electoral vote -- not a sure thing -- is a MUST-WIN for Harris. Is Nebraska still planning to change their law and give that ev to the Reds? If they do, will Maine reciprocate (as they promised) and cancel the special electoral vote for Maine's backwoods meth-heads? I think Maine should act pre-emptively now lest Nebraska Maggots wait until it's too late for Maine to respond.

I'm not sure "Maggot" is the correct spelling for present-day Republiturds, but spellchecker keeps correcting me. Of course this derogatory-sounding term is not directed at Republicans, if any, here at IIDB but IF any Infdel is personally offended, I can live with that.
And this is why this election has to be about a Mandate, not just a vote.

Everyone, even in solid red states, needs to stand up and be counted. This is NOT in order to change the EV numbers (although such an effort would blue up a lot of that red), but because we need to send a message, and not just to the mango himself but every MAGAT across the country: that we reject rapist criminal pedophiles, that we want to see a prosecutor do some prosecution.

For anyone anxious about the Republican attempt to rig the election, here's a great reddit thread by Marc Elias, a voting rights and elections attorney.

Shenanigans, round 2.

Delay the certification.
This is a potential problem, but it’s illegal on both the state and federal level so we will see if our governor allows it. It was decided by the electors, not the government. I’m not giving up on Georgia. We just have to vote and fight for certification in a timely manner.

Ok. I found the information. It's not as easy as it sounds.

https://sos.ga.gov/news/raffensperg...istrations-and-increasing-voter-roll-accuracy

Voters who wish to cancel their registration will simply access the site, enter their secret personal identifying information (such as Drivers License/State ID # or Full/Partial SSN), and indicate that they wish to be removed from the list of registered voters. County voter registration officials will receive a notification through GARViS and remove the voter from the rolls.

This innovative adoption of state-of-the-art technology will lead to fewer clerical errors and peace of mind for any user, knowing that their Georgia voter registration is securely cancelled when they move to another state, or when a loved ones passes away.

Secretary Raffensperger added that he would be providing the secure link to closing attorneys and realtors in Georgia so that cancelling an out-of-date voter registration will be a part of the moving process.

There's more in the link, but in order to cancel someone else's voter registration, you'd have to have quite a bit of information about them. So maybe my friend who is a Democrat could cancel her Republican's husband's registration or vice versa since they would have access to all that information. No. Neither of them would do that. I'm just saying it's not that easy. Plus, it's easy to register again and claim someone has committed fraud. You would also have to know the exact name they are registered in and their DOB.

Trump is so fucking dumb, but you all already knew that.
Or the SOS could just clandestinely cancel voter registrations and say it was done by the voter over the internet. Maybe the voters will notice before hand, and maybe they won't.

That sounds like a conspiracy theory. They have other ways to remove people from the roles and it’s easy enough to challenge. We have.or have had a bigger problem with apathy. I’ve lived here for 30 years. It’s the easiest state
To register and vote of the 8 that I’ve lived in. It’s hard to get people to vote but that seems to be changing.
Really? I doubt it is a 'theory'.

Shenanigans, round 2.

Delay the certification.
This is a potential problem, but it’s illegal on both the state and federal level so we will see if our governor allows it. It was decided by the electors, not the government. I’m not giving up on Georgia. We just have to vote and fight for certification in a timely manner.
Sure it's illegal. All they have to do is delay it enough it gets thrown to the House and they will make the charges go away.

Shenanigans, round 2.

Delay the certification.
Sure it's illegal. All they have to do is delay it enough it gets thrown to the House and they will make the charges go away.
I'm somewhat hopeful, dare I say optimistic that our Republican governor won't let that happen, especially since Trump has been bashing him so much lately and he did the right thing in 2020. We shall see, but I am still a bit optimistic that these electors won't be able to delay, since they have no legal right to do so.

Shenanigans, round 2.

Delay the certification.
I'm somewhat hopeful, dare I say optimistic that our Republican governor won't let that happen, especially since Trump has been bashing him so much lately and he did the right thing in 2020. We shall see, but I am still a bit optimistic that these electors won't be able to delay, since they have no legal right to do so.
Is the governorship on the ballot?

Shenanigans, round 2.

Delay the certification.
Is the governorship on the ballot?
No. That election is never during the same year as the presidential election in Ga. Kemp is in his second term and we have term limits so whatever he does won't have an impact, at least not as far as his position as governor goes.

As for the usefulness of the security precautions:

(Note the URL is misleading, that's actually "2.7".)

The dump includes all the data needed. Russia could easily delete the registrations of all the Democrats close enough to the election that they couldn't reregister.

(And this is going to be a nightmare for identity theft--anyone with that database can answer most of the identity confirmation challenges in use.)

I saw our SOS on the local news tonight. He said he was totally against the electors who think they can delay certification of the results and insist on counting the ballots by hand. He said as SOS, he would do everything possible to ensure that Georgia's election was a fair one, and he would prevent delays. I hope he can do that, and I honestly don't know if he's endorsed Trump. He might be keeping quiet, hoping to run for governor in the future, but at least he's honest.

The dump includes all the data needed. Russia could easily delete the registrations of all the Democrats close enough to the election that they couldn't reregister.

(And this is going to be a nightmare for identity theft--anyone with that database can answer most of the identity confirmation challenges in use.)
I read an article about this today. It suggested that we all check to make sure that we are still registered to vote and take a photo on our phones to use as proof if we are questioned at the polls. It made a lot of sense. I always do that, despite living at the same address for over 25 years and voting in every single election. I'm not too worried about this, at least not in Georgia, since we don't register by party, which I think I've already mentioned. My street is a big mix of both Dems and Repubs, along with some independents.

I read an article about this today. It suggested that we all check to make sure that we are still registered to vote and take a photo on our phones to use as proof if we are questioned at the polls. It made a lot of sense. I always do that, despite living at the same address for over 25 years and voting in every single election. I'm not too worried about this, at least not in Georgia, since we don't register by party, which I think I've already mentioned. My street is a big mix of both Dems and Repubs, along with some independents.
Supposedly the website was actually bugged and wouldn't have cancelled registrations. I advise a grain of salt with that.

And the database leak is definitely real.

FFS nobody should have to go through that crap. They send out Voter guide with all the issues, including pro and con analyses, then weeks later send the ballots We fill them out at our leisure and return them. It can be by mail, by drop box or in person all with equal facility. (Earlier deadline for mail, and limited in person hours). We get an email confirming receipt of our ballot. If I spend an hour on the whole process, that would be a record. It takes much much longer to read up on everything, so I start marking up the voting guide right away. Our SOS rocks.

Back
Top Bottom