• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Voters Like Gays More Than Evangelicals

I was very excited to hear this. :) A turning point. And a bit of a laugh - the more you go to church, the more hate and intolerance you harbor. Interesting regression exposed here!

Yeah well, I like gays more than I like voters, so how do you like them apples!

Now we need an openly gay president candidate for 2016.

Santorum ran in 2012.

He was the only candidate at the Iowa State Fair I could walk up and talk to, I chose to stay away. Would liked to have met Rubio or Carson because they look like guys I could talk with. Hillz was nearby me, but I couldn't get through the press mob to set her. Bernie showed up unannounced to the Register stage, but I didn't see him. The Trump copter circled and people pointed at is Superman was flying overhead.

Oh Ioway, will you never shed your 1930s image? -- Well of course not with Industrialized Agriculture having taken over the dystopian Iowa as portrayed in the reboot of Star Trek.

StarTrek183.jpg

[/drunk post]

Santorum ran in 2012.

He was the only candidate at the Iowa State Fair I could walk up and talk to, I chose to stay away. Would liked to have met Rubio or Carson because they look like guys I could talk with. Hillz was nearby me, but I couldn't get through the press mob to set her. Bernie showed up unannounced to the Register stage, but I didn't see him. The Trump copter circled and people pointed at is Superman was flying overhead.

Oh Ioway, will you never shed your 1930s image? -- Well of course not with Industrialized Agriculture having taken over the dystopian Iowa as portrayed in the reboot of Star Trek.

StarTrek183.jpg

[/drunk post]

You talk about how much you would like to meet Rubio or Carson, then complain about the image people have of Iowans? :p

How about gay evangelicals?

I wish they didn't exist, but they do http://ecinc.org/
The word "evangelical" is one of those slippery pig words...what does it really mean? It usually means only what the person stating it wants it to mean. I didn't see anything that jumped out at me from that website that would suggest they are party to the atypical 'right wing fundagelical God-breathed Bible' crap. The mainstream US Lutheran sect is self-labeled as the Evangelical Lutheran Church of America (ELCA) and they are about as "evangelical" and the United Methodists. In dictionary terms, it comes from 'to evangelize" aka to spread the good news. So pretty much any Christian group/sect can run with the label if they feel like it. Heck, Dr. Francis Collins (author of The Language of God) was the head of the Human Genome Project, and calls himself an evangelical. Yet, in reading his book where he wrote about the reality of evolution, I would have been hard pressed to come up with that label but for him stating it.

Back
Top Bottom