• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Walmart to cut health insurance to its employees

Bologna. WalMart DID cancel the Health Insurance of its PT workers. They put profit over people AGAIN. I don't care if they're the 1st or the 100th to do it, they did it. This is not made-up bashing or fake contrary to what you and Hara say.

Did you ever have a part time job with health insurance? I don't want to defend Walmart as I find them despicable. But the title of the thread is so misleading as to be dishonest. If you are one of the few companies in the country doing something you can't be excoriated for doing what everyone else does. They do enough wrong to carp about, this isn't one of those things.

They weren't paying ALL THE PREMIUMS ANYWAY...ONLY partly paying. It is highly likely the workers will be paying more overall, not being in a large pool. This part time crap is also part of Walmart's cheating on its employees and its community. We keep hearing about how this predatory system is the best at keeping the economy viable. That's what the Chicago school of economic theory is all about...the wonder it works in a free society. This is clearly a transfer of expense onto the backs of its poorly paid workers. That amounts to a cut in compensation for the workers...about normal for them. If your county has a Walmart, it actually amounts to a bit of a raid on your personal pocketbook too. Don't forget the money has to come from somewhere.

Did you ever have a part time job with health insurance? I don't want to defend Walmart as I find them despicable. But the title of the thread is so misleading as to be dishonest. If you are one of the few companies in the country doing something you can't be excoriated for doing what everyone else does. They do enough wrong to carp about, this isn't one of those things.

They weren't paying ALL THE PREMIUMS ANYWAY...ONLY partly paying. It is highly likely the workers will be paying more overall, not being in a large pool. This part time crap is also part of Walmart's cheating on its employees and its community. We keep hearing about how this predatory system is the best at keeping the economy viable. That's what the Chicago school of economic theory is all about...the wonder it works in a free society. This is clearly a transfer of expense onto the backs of its poorly paid workers. That amounts to a cut in compensation for the workers...about normal for them. If your county has a Walmart, it actually amounts to a bit of a raid on your personal pocketbook too. Don't forget the money has to come from somewhere.

Sorry, but the exchanges *ARE* a large pool--and with a substantial subsidy for those making low wages.

I do agree the part time crap hurts the workers--but that's nothing unique to Wal-Mart. An awful lot of businesses do it, especially retail businesses.

Back
Top Bottom