• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WBC Fred Phelps in Hospice

I thought a lot about the "proper" public display at his funeral. I think there should be one. It's only fair. However, instead of hate, and revenge, it should resemble more a party. A celebration that some Hate and Crazy has left the planet.

I thought a lot about the "proper" public display at his funeral. I think there should be one. It's only fair. However, instead of hate, and revenge, it should resemble more a party. A celebration that some Hate and Crazy has left the planet.

You know, I can see that. On the other hand, a quiet, respectful display might show that good people walk the walk, and in so doing would deprive the WBC people of the "persecution" they so obviously crave as validation.

It would seem that reverend Kane has finally moved on into the afterlife. The beast will trouble us no more.
Rev._Henry_Kane.JPG

You know, I can see that. On the other hand, a quiet, respectful display might show that good people walk the walk, and in so doing would deprive the WBC people of the "persecution" they so obviously crave as validation.

Why? He's gone now, so it doesn't matter. His family, however, is still alive and will probably continue protesting funerals.

I therefore think we should send the Sodomobile to the funeral. No, scratch that, we should stage the world's largest gay pride parade, and have it be as close to the grieving family as is legally permissible.

Apparently there will be no funeral. Nothing to picket et al. I suppose they could cremate him and spread his ashes by plane over San Francisco's Castro Street, but they haven't said what they will do. Most assuredly it will not involve a grave that can be pissed on.

Apparently there will be no funeral. Nothing to picket et al. I suppose they could cremate him and spread his ashes by plane over San Francisco's Castro Street, but they haven't said what they will do. Most assuredly it will not involve a grave that can be pissed on.

I take that to mean they're having a secret funeral.

We'll just have to hold constant Gay Pride parades in and around their homes and church every day for the next month just to be safe.

Loss.png

The Westboro Baptist Church Went to Protest a Lorde Concert. This Is the Counterprotest They Encountered. | Mother Jones

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/2...phelps-dies/5bIHvbo1kaTJIiRroigdNL/story.html

Normally, I would say "My condolences to the family," but in this case that is simply not warranted nor deserved. I hope he gets a massive Gay Pride Parade protesting his funeral. The Sodomobile would simply not be enough.
PROTESTING his funeral? Why not CELEBRATE his funeral?

(checking the edit function here...) No funeral/secret funeral? Why not hold one for him? I think the Mormons do something like that.

Oh, my.

A post-mortem gay wedding, on the Mormon standard, with a proxy for Phelps and one standing in place for his partner, Joseph Smith?
And a lot of 'god loves faggotry' proxy protesters....

I love it. It's such a perfect mirror gesture to hate.

I love it too, but I don't buy that it's a "mirror gesture to hate". That would be sending the WBC a private letter with that sentiment. This public display is not for the WBC but for the viewing audience. IT is a wonderfully snarky and clever act of passive aggression that tries to highlight how evil the WBC is by showing the contrast to what they tell grieving people. It is an effort to shame the WBC. Good for them.

Back
Top Bottom