• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What are some positions you would recommend I have before I run for congress?

NightHawkBuzz

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Republican
I am wondering what are some positions you would recommend that I have before I run for congress?

Like what type of resume should I be building up and having before I run for congress?

What would a strong resume look like before I run for congress?

I am wondering what are some positions you would recommend that I have before I run for congress?

Like what type of resume should I be building up and having before I run for congress?

A lot of people, especially conservatives, start by running for school board seats and gaining political experience to put on that resume. Running for congress right off the bat is going to be a really heavy pull to achieve.

Just make up a resume like George Santos and hope you don’t get caught.

Reactions: SLD

You're still on this kick?

Okay...enlighten us...

What have you actually done? You don't have to post your actual resume, but what jobs have you held, what's your education like, and what about your experience thus far makes you think you're qualified to run for the US Congress?

Do you have a degree in political science? Perhaps you have an MBA? Extensive experience in management? How's your military background?

Do tell...

In politics, background is everything. Have a compelling life story, and you will draw in voters who see in you a reflection of their values and aspirations. You have not specified your home base, so not all of my suggestions will apply. But here are some elements of an effective and custom-crafted life narrative:
> Be Jewish or at least Jew-ish
> Your grandparents fled the Holocaust (all you have is a faded tintype of Bubbe and Zayda.)
> Your mother died in 9-11
> Have a colorful, zesty past with, say, a stay in Brazil
> Have a heart-tugging episode -- let's say, you raised funds for a homeless veteran's dog.
> Have a solid educational background. Let's put you in both Baruch College and NYU.
> Americans love sports. You played V-ball for Baruch.
> Americans want a successful businessman to represent them. Let's give you some managerial time at Citigroup and Goldman Sachs.
You can plug in more, but these 8 components would be a substantial addition to your campaign. Much success!!

Last edited:

Your so pathetic all you do is sit here and troll people posting unhelpful comments just to try to get a rise out of me. It's actually really sad and pathetic.

A lot of people, especially conservatives, start by running for school board seats and gaining political experience to put on that resume. Running for congress right off the bat is going to be a really heavy pull to achieve.
That's smart a school board seat would be a good idea. When I was talking to the head of the party he suggested running for a house seat in my state as well.

Your so pathetic all you do is sit here and troll people posting unhelpful comments just to try to get a rise out of me. It's actually really sad and pathetic.
And here we go again. You ask for advice, people give you advice, and you shit on them.

And here we go again. You ask for advice, people give you advice, and you shit on them.
He's not giving me advice he's just trolling. Dude has no business commenting on my post. I'm straight sick of this guy tbh. Wish he wouldn't respond to my post and would just leave completely tbh.

I hate when he responds want nothing to do with this dude honestly.

He's not giving me advice he's just trolling. Dude has no business commenting on my post. I'm straight sick of this guy tbh. Wish he wouldn't respond to my post and would just leave completely tbh.

Oh, you're sick of people commenting on your post where you asked people to comment? Cry me a river.

Also, answer my questions. What is your experience and why do you think it qualifies you for the US Congress?

Have you ever held a job? What was it? Do you have a college education? What's your degree in? How many fights did you win in junior high? (okay, that last one was snarky, but it seems to track)

You're asking us what you can do to get elected. What the fuck have you done so far?

Because it seems like your only qualification is "I asked questions on multiple internet forums and got pissy when people weren't nice to me."

Oh, you're sick of people commenting on your post where you asked people to comment? Cry me a river.
I'm not sick of people I AM SICK OF HIM! PERIOD. Dude just needs to GO AWAY!
Also, answer my questions. What is your experience and why do you think it qualifies you for the US Congress?
Have you ever held a job? What was it? Do you have a college education? What's your degree in? How many fights did you win in junior high? (okay, that last one was snarky, but it seems to track)
I graduated got my degree communication and media. Had a job working in social media and marketing.
You're asking us what you can do to get elected. What the fuck have you done so far?
I'm suppose to run for something soon so I am working on that now.
Because it seems like your only qualification is "I asked questions on multiple internet forums and got pissy when people weren't nice to me."

These people are just being mean.
I would vote for you, but 3 different probate courts have found me incompetent.
Also, I am a fireplace poker.
But I sure would vote for you.

Reactions: SLD
I graduated got my degree communication and media. Had a job working in social media and marketing.

That's it? That's all you've done?

And you "had" a job working in "social media and marketing." So you don't have that job anymore? Wow.

For shits and grins, I looked up a US Congressman I've actually talked to from my state. Ruben Gallego graduated from Harvard, joined the Marines after college, then after serving in combat in Iraq came home, served as a Chief of Staff for a Phoenix City Council member, and went onto become vice chair of the AZ Democratic Party. He followed that up by being elected to the AZ State House, spent a few years in state politics before running for the US Congress. He's been reelected 3 times now and is on a path to become a US Senator.

How does your resume stack up to that, sport? Because if you want to be elected to the United States House of Representatives AND be taken seriously, that's the kind of resume you need.

So...apply to an Ivy League school. Join the Marines or whatever branch of the military appeals to you. Work for a city council member or local politician to learn the ropes. Run for the state house in whatever state you live in, and after you've got some experience under your belt go for the big prize.

Or...keep arguing with people on a back corner of the internet and see how that works out for you.

That's it? That's all you've done?

And you "had" a job working in "social media and marketing." So you don't have that job anymore? Wow.

For shits and grins, I looked up a US Congressman I've actually talked to from my state. Ruben Gallego graduated from Harvard, joined the Marines after college, then after serving in combat in Iraq came home, served as a Chief of Staff for a Phoenix City Council member, and went onto become vice chair of the AZ Democratic Party. He followed that up by being elected to the AZ State House, spent a few years in state politics before running for the US Congress. He's been reelected 3 times now and is on a path to become a US Senator.

How does your resume stack up to that, sport? Because if you want to be elected to the United States House of Representatives AND be taken seriously, that's the kind of resume you need.
I have time though I'm only 24 years old. That person is probably in their 60s.

I am looking to have that type of resume though.
So...apply to an Ivy League school. Join the Marines or whatever branch of the military appeals to you. Work for a city council member or local politician to learn the ropes. Run for the state house in whatever state you live in, and after you've got some experience under your belt go for the big prize.

Or...keep arguing with people on a back corner of the internet and see how that works out for you.
Yeah those are good ideas I am currently running for a spot in my state to start out.

You seem to be comparing yourself to me and your resume but you shouldn't be doing that at all. It's true you have more experience but you are WAY older than me. I'm only 24 years old you are probably in your 50s or 60s so you can't compare mine to yours because I am MUCH younger.
I misread the post at first I thought you were talking about yourself that's why I changed my response.

You're 24 and you've had like...one job?
I've had four but I only mentioned my current one because it's the one I have after college.

You seem to be comparing yourself to me and your resume but you shouldn't be doing that at all. It's true you have more experience but you are WAY older than me. I'm only 24 years old you are probably in your 50s or 60s so you can't compare mine to yours because I am MUCH younger.
I misread the post at first I thought you were talking about yourself that's why I changed my response.

I've had four but I only mentioned my current one because it's the one I have after college.
So you have no relevant experience that even qualifies you for a staff job for a state representative or member of the local city council. What's your degree in, son?

So you have no relevant experience that even qualifies you for a staff job for a state representative or member of the local city council. What's your degree in, son?
My degree is in Communication and Media.

My degree is in Communication and Media.
Really. You've pissed on every piece of advice I've given you over your brief time on this board, but can you guess what my degree is in?

Yep. In fact, I've already told you that I've worked in media. For decades. You missed that, didn't you? Over the course of my career, I worked for some of the largest media corporations in America. That's how I got to spend time with so many politicians, party operatives, and consultants. And yet whenever I managed to hold back from mocking you, I gave you some advice. You ignored everything I told you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom