• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What are some positions you would recommend I have before I run for congress?

You're just some person typing behind a screen that will never have any power or run for any office.

That tells me everything I need to know. Like I said no politician in congress will ever know who you are.
Why do you think that that's the only measure of what a person is? It's not like "politician" is miles above everyone else. And the reality of politics is that almost everyone elected to major office basically amounts to a whore, except it's their mouth that they sell.

Different people like different things. Personally, I find the idea of being a politician abhorrent. I have no desire to be famous, I have no use for ceremony and the like.

You're just some person typing behind a screen that will never have any power or run for any office.

That tells me everything I need to know. Like I said no politician in congress will ever know who you are.
Why do you think that that's the only measure of what a person is? It's not like "politician" is miles above everyone else. And the reality of politics is that almost everyone elected to major office basically amounts to a whore, except it's their mouth that they sell.

Different people like different things. Personally, I find the idea of being a politician abhorrent. I have no desire to be famous, I have no use for ceremony and the like.
Well there you go again with that pesky "self-awareness." What's with you, man?

In all seriousness, I'd be worried if someone like Buzz got to be famous...especially if it was in the political realm. A little bit of fame can be dangerous, as I learned. When I was at the height of my (local, temporary) fame, I had a weird conversation in the car on the way home from a concert I emceed. I'd been up on stage a few times in front of the crowd (14,000 people), interacting with fans, signing autographs, taking pictures, and generally being the "life of the party" (that was my job, after all) and was on a "high" until we left late that night.

My then-girlfriend (future ex wife) asked me the weirdest question: "Where did you go tonight?" What are you talking about? We've been together almost the entire night. "No, you're here now, but you...the man I love and want to marry...was gone. You were someone else."

The public persona I'd built had taken over. The ego was in control. When I was "on," I became a different person...and I didn't like him very much. I took a more behind-the-scenes role in my subsequent jobs in part because I knew that the other guy was not someone I wanted to be. Ego is a helluva drug.

Buzz seems like the kind of person who'd snort a whole line of ego and say "give me more!"

Sounds like you already know what you think you need to have a successful run at office and you don’t need us at all, then. Hope it goes great. Thoughts and Prayers.

Indeed, with all the uselessness that thoughts and prayers convey.
Your pathetic that's exactly why you will never run for office or ever be apart of politics.

You have never ran or won anything in politics before in your life. This is all you will ever do no politician in congress will ever know who you are. All you will do is just hate on other people why you actually do nothing.

This is the extent to how far you will ever get in politics. Hating on other people all day online why you do nothing. You will never run for office This is all you have. That is it that is all.

Honestly, this sounds like you're screaming at yourself in a mirror and slapping yourself between sentences.

Attention from strangers has always bothered me. I don’t think I ever derived any ego boost from random attentions from people who were no more or less extraordinary than I. In fact it made me quite uncomfortable, and after appearing in person to mc an event I told my boss I didn’t want to do that any more. It was already bothersome that local people I didn’t know recognized my voice all the time.

Like Trump, his desire to get into politics is one for power and revenge.
He definitely has some trumpian qualities; bottomless vitriol, semi-literacy, self pity, lack of empathy, claims to a college education that is not evidenced by any knowledge or skills, hair trigger temper... all prerequisites for following in the orange footsteps, assuming he has footsteps and is not just an expression of sloppy programmers' whims.
I'm afraid though, that his chances for political success are far less than Trump's. About a half billion inherited dollars less, in today's money.
If Buzz is in fact corporeal, his first step to realizing The Fascist Dream would be to inherit a half billion $$. Without that, my bet is he's dead in the water, politically speaking. Hell, even Trump, who DID inherit that much, is unlikely to end up anywhere but in jail.
I disagree as your right I did not inherit 413 million dollars from my parents like Trump and don't have that kind of money.

However I don't believe I am dead in the water politically speaking as Ron Desantis did not inherit hundreds of millions from his parents and he ran for president.

You don't have to inherit money from your parents like Trump to have a huge voice politically. Donors are where you can get money from and that's the difference.
And how do you meet those big money donors? Wherre do you meet them? How do they know you are the "right sort" to trust with their investment?

Ron Desantis did not inherit hundreds of millions from his parents and he ran for president.

Ron is was an example for sure. Worked through college (Yale) which got him in to Harvard Law, from which he graduated with honors. He was Captain of the basketball team while at Yale, so that probably helped.

Anyhow, Ron just got his ass handed to him. So all that’s not enough, unless you’re okay with topping out as Governor.
You should probably be doing something to contribute to your resumé instead of continuing to ask questions that have already been answered, in an anonymous backwater Internet forum. You don’t know if you’re being fed bullshit or pure gold advice.

Ron Desantis did not inherit hundreds of millions from his parents and he ran for president.

Ron is was an example for sure. Worked through college (Yale) which got him in to Harvard Law, from which he graduated with honors.

I'm sure an associate's degree from a community college is pretty much the same thing. Buzz is on a rocket ride to success!

Ron is was an example for sure. Worked through college (Yale) which got him in to Harvard Law, from which he graduated with honors.

I'm sure an associate's degree from a community college is pretty much the same thing. Buzz is on a rocket ride to success!
Ron is pretty good with grammar, too. 🫤

Seriously do you not listen to what other people are telling you? Or do you just say the wrong thing to get a reaction out of someone.

I don't have an associates degree you keep saying that when I have a Bachelor's Degree in Communication and Media from an actual University.

Your just making stuff up and you don't even know what the hell your talking about.

Like I said it's the truth you have never ran or won anything in politics before in your life.

I will be more successful in politics than you ever will.

By the time everything is said and done I bet I will have done way more in politics then you ever have in your whole life. That's just a fact.

Your just making stuff up and you don't even know what the hell your talking about.

Sigh. No capacity to learn, it seems. Or even to care to dispel you’re [sic] ignorance.
Like I said it's the truth you have never ran or won anything in politics before in your life.

I will be more successful in politics than you ever will.

By the time everything is said and done I bet I will have done way more in politics then you ever have in your whole life. That's just a fact.

You actually don’t even read what people write, do you?

Most people here don’t WANT to be in politics, at least in part, I’m guessing, to avoid have to associate with people like you.

Seriously do you not listen to what other people are telling you?

So far in this thread, other people are telling me I've got it mostly right, and are telling you that you've got it mostly wrong.

But please...keep pressing Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V over and over again until you feel better about yourself.

an actual University.

Which one?

Look Buzz, if you are older than 14, you better get real busy. The quickest route to the top would be to join the Trump campaign as a volunteer right now.

Prove your worth to the right people, and get familiar with how it all works at the same time. You will meet all the players and they’ll be impressed. So when Trump is sent to prison and/or dies, you can ascend to primacy within the Party. Next election cycle, bingo! If you can entertain or threaten enough people, you can get a crap-ton of votes, plus the ability to “find” ones you need but didn’t get.

So please - volunteer! They need people like you, Buzz. University graduates for Trump are kind of hard to come by.

Even if you’re (you are) a ‘bot, they can probably use you. But you’re not doing them any good here.

Look Buzz, if you are older than 14, you better get real busy. The quickest route to the top would be to join the Trump campaign as a volunteer right now.

Hey, if Buzz were a 14 year old girl in Florida, it would be an sure-fire "in" to a job as a staffer for Matt Gaetz!

Hey, if Buzz were a 14 year old girl in Florida, it would be a sure-fire "in" to a job as a staffer for Matt Gaetz!
That’s a pretty direct route to becoming Dictator. Just not in the usual sense of the word.

Make sure you continue to inform us of your many accomplishments.
I don't think you understand what Buzz is saying here.

For example, I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that in your entire life you never thought about a career in waste management. Buzz is saying that even though you never have considered driving a big truck around and collecting bins full of rubbish, rest assured he will - when all is said and done - have collected more refuse and loaded it into a truck than you will in your whole life.

Well there, Mr. Smartypants...how do you feel about that, huh?

Or to use another example, I bet you've never considered a life mucking out stalls on a cattle farm. Well, Buzz is saying that even though you've never considered shoveling cow shit all day as a job, it is pretty much guaranteed that he will - when all is said and done - have shoveled more cow shit than you ever will.

Bet you don't feel so smug now, huh?

Simply put, there is no job you've never wanted to do that Buzz won't eventually do better than you. Except possibly knowing the difference between "then" and "than" in a sentence. That's just a fact!

Back
Top Bottom