• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What happened to the Wise Men?

Ya, it would be like Dumbledore going through all the trouble to hide Harry Potter until he's old enough to go to Hogwarts and then say "Well, they're teaching him how to be a wizard, so I'm sure that the whole Voldemort thing will just work itself out and I can hit the beach".
Technically, he did worse than that, knowingly putting Potter right in the middle of it all right in Potter's first year at the school!
It doesn't make much sense for them to just wander off.
It doesn't make much sense that the prophecy says that Jesus's name was going to be something other than Jesus, and once the Wise Men find out the kid's name, they probably should have moved on.

Technically, he did worse than that, knowingly putting Potter right in the middle of it all right in Potter's first year at the school!
It doesn't make much sense for them to just wander off.
It doesn't make much sense that the prophecy says that Jesus's name was going to be something other than Jesus, and once the Wise Men find out the kid's name, they probably should have moved on.

Well, he didn't look Mexican...

Well, he didn't look Mexican...

16510438-pesebre-con-la-sagrada-familia-de-mexico-y-el-nino-jesus.jpg

Well...

Looks like Mary and Joseph ate themselves out of house and home.
Looks like it rubbed off on the kid too. Look at the size of that kid compared to the mother. That's a lot of booty milk. And they must have burned the manger to warm the place. Antarctic penguins take better care of their young.

And what's with the gigantic brown carrot ? What exactly is that? Another gift from the wise men long gone from memory? And Jesus has a sombrero. Nice touch. Maybe the Book of Moron had it right all along.

That disappearance is nothing compared to the thousands of zombie saints who rise up out of the earth after the crucifixion and walk around in the city. At least according to Matthew. They've been dead, I suspect some, for a couple of thousand years which seems to be when as related in the OT "many thousands of saints" were sent down by the Big Guy. They are just as resurrected as JC, so presumably they can never die again. Where did they go? Did they have children? I see your disappearing wise men (not to mention Mary and Joseph) and raise you a whole host of filthy stinking very hungry and horny immortal saints...

Well, I thought about the astrological connection - three wise men following a star. And then it hit me. What happens after sunset in late December? Orion rises! Duh. Look at Orion's belt - three wise men following a star! Double duh! So what star? Aldebaran and the Pleiades are in the path going from east to west. But what was happening around 4 BC or so? Easy to check with almost any star program. Sure enough Saturn is there! Almost in a direct line with the 3 belt stars in late December 4 BC. In December of 5 BC, Jupiter is pretty much right there in line, although by late January, 4 BC, it is almost perfectly in line, and Orion is still pretty much a rising constellation at this point. I find this incredibly fascinating coincidence. 3 wise men following Jupiter - the king of all gods.

Are there any scholarly articles that point this simple fact out?

SLD

OK, so I thought about it some more, and then went to the spring equinox - March, 20, 4 BC. At this point, Orion is actually setting. So is Jupiter. But Jupiter is perfectly in line with the three stars of Orion's belt. This just can't be coincidence. But again, are there any scholarly articles on it?

SLD

Question: Is there any correlation between the "three wise men" and the three pyramids in Egypt's Giza Plateau?

attachment.php

No, why would there be? The pyramids are not mentioned at all in the bible, even the parts that are set in Egypt.

The trouble with this sort of numerology, is that there are three of a lot of things.

Although I have seen speculation that the three pyramids are related to the three stars in Orion's belt. (Same proportions, etc.)

No, why would there be? The pyramids are not mentioned at all in the bible, even the parts that are set in Egypt.

The trouble with this sort of numerology, is that there are three of a lot of things.

Ya, but how many of those things have been put together in an arbitrary manner in order to try and derive meaning from the association when there actually isn't any?

I'l tell you. There's three of them. Makes you think, doesn't it?

From the sizes they might as well represent Joseph, Mary and Jesus. It was a prediction of their stay in Egypt. ;)

Heck, the Pharaoh doesn't even have a name! They mention the most obscure leaders, including President Pierce, in the book of Genesis, but not a name for the Pharaoh.

To me, the whole story of the three wise men is purely allegorical. There were no three kings roaming around aimlessly in the desert looking for a baby.
What they did is an anthropomorphism. They saw an astronomical, and possibly astrological event, and they created a human counterpart story, as in Orion's Belt aligning with Sirius. That is how divine myths are created...
For the builders of the Pyramids in Giza, there seems to be a connection between the pyramids and the three stars of Orion's belt, Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka. Why? I don't know...

images

Virtually any three pair of stars could line up over the pyramids depending on from what point you are looking. Is there someone other than a graphic that points to this alleged connection?

SLD

Back
Top Bottom