• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What kind of cookies to make

Angry Floof

Tricksy Leftits
Staff member
Basic Beliefs
Humanist
I can't decide what kind of cookies to make.

I have:

wheat flour
almond flour
coconut flour
oatmeal

and...

cranberries
walnuts
almonds
pecans
cinnamon
cocoa
brown sugar
honey
coconut flakes
raisins

plus all the usual ingredients of sugar, butter, etc.

Someone recently gave us a batch of gingerdoodles. They were excellent, without the excess sweetness of a snickerdoodle, or the overly strong (IMO) ginger flavor of a ginger snap.

But you'd need ground ginger, ground cloves, and cream of tartar.

Someone recently gave us a batch of gingerdoodles. They were excellent, without the excess sweetness of a snickerdoodle, or the overly strong (IMO) ginger flavor of a ginger snap.

But you'd need ground ginger, ground cloves, and cream of tartar.

I thought of snickerdoodles because I love them, but I'm at daughter's this week and she doesn't have cream of tartar. Alas. :(

You can't beat those little nut rolls. It's the only cookie we made this year and we will be making more.

And don't scrimp on the filling. Let it ooze out the ends when they bake.

Every December I shop the specialty stores for Liebkuchen (sometimes marketed without that name, for instance as Contessa cookies.) These are the round iced gingerbread cookies from Germany -- too, too good.
There used to be a chain called David's Cookies in malls -- do they still exist? Anyway, waaaay back in the 80s I read that they were going to market a chocolate chunk & coffee cookie, which sounded so right. I never found a David's that had them. And coffee shops that do their own baking, where you would expect to find coffee cookies, don't seem to have them. My search goes on.

Every December I shop the specialty stores for Liebkuchen (sometimes marketed without that name, for instance as Contessa cookies.) These are the round iced gingerbread cookies from Germany -- too, too good.
There used to be a chain called David's Cookies in malls -- do they still exist? Anyway, waaaay back in the 80s I read that they were going to market a chocolate chunk & coffee cookie, which sounded so right. I never found a David's that had them. And coffee shops that do their own baking, where you would expect to find coffee cookies, don't seem to have them. My search goes on.

I love those iced ginger cookies! I've only tried making ginger cookies once and they were meh. I think I'll try again soon.

Back
Top Bottom