• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSc8qVMjKM[/YOUTUBE]

Saw this guy today...Kristian Bush. He's half of the country duo Sugarland:

[YOUTUBE]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lf-fXn8z1LA[/YOUTUBE]

One of the nicest, most down to earth "celebrities" I've met. Some context for the uninitiated...

When new country acts are promoting their debut record, they do this thing called a "radio tour." Basically they stop by stations all across the country and play an acoustic set of a few songs. Sometimes it is in a studio, sometimes in a conference room for the staff, or like ours was today, in a small dedicated performance area with a few listeners as guests. They'll sign autographs, take pictures for the trade publications, and if they're lucky the station will play their song and the artist will hit it big.

I can't count how many of these performances I've seen. Most never went anywhere. Some of the people turned out to be big stars (off the top of my head, Keith Urban, Rascal Flatts, Martina McBride, Gary Allan, Dierks Bentley, and of course Sugarland), but once they hit it big, they never do another "radio tour." You don't have to play a radio station conference room for 20 people when you've gone platinum.

Well today "never" became "this one time." He played a few songs, told some stories (that video really happened...it took him an hour and a half to give away 300 dollars on the streets of Chicago) answered questions, took photos, and basically hung out for an hour with everyone. Same cool dude I met 8 years ago on the first radio tour.

Have I mentioned lately that I love my job?

Working a bit on reports, so I usually can't listen to anything with lyrics. So, been listening to God is an Astronaut, whom I discovered on Pandora as a link to Porcupine Tree. Currently listening to the track Snowfall and wishing our sub had written a better segment to this report. Last time I go with a foot-long tuna when developing a construction baseline report.

Back
Top Bottom