• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

No video available, but right now I'm revisiting Garth Brooks "In the Life of Chris Gaines."

The infamous alter ego of Garth that he created for a movie that was never made about a mercurial pop musician that never existed. The record company brought an advance version of the album to the radio station and of course I burned a copy because I could. I remember blasting it in my studio and us all looking around saying "wait...this is actually good."

Of course it didn't pan out. The movie never happened. Garth took a lot of heat for releasing the "soundtrack" ahead of time, for his soul patch, for the hubris of thinking he could actually play the character.

Still...the album was actually good. It didn't sound like "Chris Gaines." It sounded like Garth Brooks singing pop music. And it worked. Sold 2 million copies. That's the crazy part. Garth was so huge that releasing an album that "only" went double platinum was considered a failure.

My nephew's band playing on Live From The Local. He's the one singing lead.

[YOUTUBE]https://youtu.be/bBi4OgjPAEM[/YOUTUBE]

I was quite shocked to find that Talking Heads' Psycho Killer was a late 70s release.

Talking Heads, Psycho Killer from The Old Gray Whistle Test;

Japan, Swing;

Japan, The Art of Parties;

Japan, Quiet Life;

Back
Top Bottom