• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

Planet P Project. I remember playing this song on the college radio station. It came on pink vinyl. The single never took off, but the (double) album was a tour-de-force concept about a boy who both causes the Armageddon and saves a few "true believers" with his powers. Also, the "Project" was really just one guy - Tony Carey. Wrote everything, played almost everything, and produced the whole thing IIRC.

After 15 years of hardly speaking, Liam and Noel have buried the hatchet and are getting together for an Oasis tour. One of the best bands to emerge from the musical wasteland of the 90s era.

Hard to say how this is going to go. In their pomp, Oasis were the dogs bollocks as they rocked around the world. Liam's sneering vocals leading a rock and roll explosion on stage. But now in their fifties are the brothers going to even come close to recreating the mayhem of 90s Oasis? Will there be new music or are they going to just dial it in playing the hits and rake in the cash? Is it going to be Liam and Noel and a three session musicians or the original band members? Their fans won't care, nostalgia will allow them to overlook these things and pay top dollar for a trip down memory lane.

Yeah, they were a stupid 80s hair metal band. Perhaps the quintessential shallow version of such, but then they came out with a song like this. Calling out TV preachers, referencing struggling Vietnam vets, addressing the homeless problem, and paying an honest tribute to one of their crew. Poison got this one song right.

Until recently I'd never heard of Linda Perry and the 4 Non Blondes. But I love this song. And I especially love watching Linda Perry sing it!

I guess this song, "What's Up," was their only big hit. And I don't like the other renditions as well as the one I linked to. But I love that YouTube! Please click, listen and watch, and tell me what you think.

Back
Top Bottom