• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

Not an actual song but.. closing with it.

I'm off to let life take me whereever it takes me. Just like yall. Enjoy the ride.

I was listening to Lee Morgan's Caramba!. This is the last full album he made before his untimely death in 1971, when he was shot to death by his wife after a performance at a club. Caramba! sounds very different from the earlier works that made him famous - Sidewinder, The Cooker and Rumproller. Incidentally, Sidewinder, is one of the greatest jazz albums in existence, and is a must-have or must-listen-to even if you don't like jazz.

This copy is the recent Blue Note reissue cut by Kevin Grey from the master tapes that sounds gorgeous. Hard to believe this title was recorded 55 years ago.

20220521_110128 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
I emceed a show where these guys were the headliner back in the day. I remember sitting on the side of the stage with them waiting to go on. Good times.

Done working for the week and pulled out one of my favorite classical records for a spin on the old SME 30.

2016 Analog Productions reissue cut by Ryan Smith that sounds better than my original RCA Living Stereo (which sells for about $1,000 these days).

20220527_142043 (2) - Copy.jpg

Listened to ELO - Eldorado last night. Recent Mofi reissue on Supervinyl sounds good.

20220601_120620 (2) - Copy.jpg

This Prefab Sprout song sounds like it could by by Cake (from the 90s)

Prefab Sprout is a band I wish I knew about as a teen, oh well

10 Wheel Drive, Peculiar Friends Are Better Than No Friends At All.

Back
Top Bottom