• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What music are you listening to right now? (Warning: Lotsa videos)

I'm not all that much of a Toto fan, but this cover of Africa is amazing for a couple of guys playing in a pizza place in Utah.

[YOUTUBE]MLrC7e3vSv8[/YOUTUBE]

Suspiciously so. I suspect post production. No a speck of room noise, perfect intonation. Nice singing, at any rate.

Looks like the guys have moved beyond the "pizza place in Utah". Here they are at a recent show in London. I see that they've also done some other recent shows in Europe.

[YOUTUBE]hAwf6da_zig[/YOUTUBE]

I like it, too. I question that it's as "live" as perhaps intended to convey.

Some songs sound better than others...Maybe Auto-tune or Melodyne? Is that what you mean? :thinking:

I'm not an expert, not having done much pop recording, but auto tune has a distinctive sound. I don't hear it here.

I think they either spent a lot of time fixing a live track, punching in, removing noise, adding reverb etc, or it was done faux live IOW in a studio.

Some songs sound better than others...Maybe Auto-tune or Melodyne? Is that what you mean? :thinking:

I'm not an expert, not having done much pop recording, but auto tune has a distinctive sound. I don't hear it here.

I think they either spent a lot of time fixing a live track, punching in, removing noise, adding reverb etc, or it was done faux live IOW in a studio.

Maybe yes...Now for reference give me someone who has no pitch or modulation issues live (in order to compare)...Who has close to perfect sound live?

Back
Top Bottom