• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What? No 'This week in trans' thread about Passport X?

Why am I the one who needs to explain something? Why do you find it acceptable that gender ideologists and trans activists have so warped language that it is now acceptable to utter incoherent nonsense like 'assigned male at birth'? Why do you find it acceptable that children are put on puberty blockers, made infertile, and have their sexual response completely compromised for life? Why do you find it acceptable that lesbians relate stories of being pressured into sex with transwomen, and then get labelled transphobic for talking about that pressure? Why do you find it acceptable that trans activists and their cheerleaders continually erase same-sex attraction by pretending people are attracted to 'gender' and not sex? Why do you find at acceptable that sex segregation in sports is now 'gender' separation, and why don't you find the dishonest, brain-atrophying, ignorant apologia and blatant denial of male advantage, maddening?
The only one of those things that bothers me is the puberty blockers of children and I'd have to know the details of each individual case to determine my thoughts. Not to mention the vast majority of trans kids never get that treatment.

The rest is simply unimportant to the vast majority of the people of this world. People have far larger problems in their lives. I suspect that since these are your biggest problems then you are part of a very elite class of people.
Huh. You're dismissing out of hand as "unimportant" the negative affects that befall homosexual people and women as a result of gender ideology... and you have the gall to call those of us who actually are affected by this "elites"?

What the hell has the world come to when straight men feel free to denigrate women and gays/lesbians as unimportant elitists who are unworthy of any compassion or even thought? I'm quite inclined to see that as an exertion of straight male privilege.
:rolleyes:
Roll your eyes all you want. You're the one who has declared that the experiences of lesbians, gay men, and women who are being harmed and erased and seeing their freedoms and safety eroded by this ideology don't matter and aren't important.

Why am I the one who needs to explain something? Why do you find it acceptable that gender ideologists and trans activists have so warped language that it is now acceptable to utter incoherent nonsense like 'assigned male at birth'? Why do you find it acceptable that children are put on puberty blockers, made infertile, and have their sexual response completely compromised for life? Why do you find it acceptable that lesbians relate stories of being pressured into sex with transwomen, and then get labelled transphobic for talking about that pressure? Why do you find it acceptable that trans activists and their cheerleaders continually erase same-sex attraction by pretending people are attracted to 'gender' and not sex? Why do you find at acceptable that sex segregation in sports is now 'gender' separation, and why don't you find the dishonest, brain-atrophying, ignorant apologia and blatant denial of male advantage, maddening?
The only one of those things that bothers me is the puberty blockers of children and I'd have to know the details of each individual case to determine my thoughts. Not to mention the vast majority of trans kids never get that treatment.

The rest is simply unimportant to the vast majority of the people of this world. People have far larger problems in their lives. I suspect that since these are your biggest problems then you are part of a very elite class of people.
Huh. You're dismissing out of hand as "unimportant" the negative affects that befall homosexual people and women as a result of gender ideology... and you have the gall to call those of us who actually are affected by this "elites"?

What the hell has the world come to when straight men feel free to denigrate women and gays/lesbians as unimportant elitists who are unworthy of any compassion or even thought? I'm quite inclined to see that as an exertion of straight male privilege.
Roll your eyes all you want. You're the one who has declared that the experiences of lesbians, gay men, and women who are being harmed and erased and seeing their freedoms and safety eroded by this ideology don't matter and aren't important.
How are you and Metaphor being harmed or erased? Details please.

How are you and Metaphor being harmed or erased? Details please.
I literally just listed all the ways

The rest is simply unimportant to the vast majority of the people of this world.
You've made it clear it is unimportant to you.

People have far larger problems in their lives. I suspect that since these are your biggest problems then you are part of a very elite class of people.
No, my biggest problems are personal and not any one of these instances of trans madness, though combined they do reflect a fundamental circumscription of rights and discourse.

People have far larger problems in their lives. I suspect that since these are your biggest problems then you are part of a very elite class of people.
No, my biggest problems are personal and not any one of these instances of trans madness, though combined they do reflect a fundamental circumscription of rights and discourse.

So you admit none of these issues really affect you.

No, that is a ridiculous and dishonest thing for you to say.

Something does not have to be my 'biggest problem' for it to affect me.

Also, I think in terms beyond myself sometimes, like the society I live in. You should try it.

Also, I think in terms beyond myself sometimes, like the society I live in. You should try it.
Oh, I do. I see hungry homeless people almost daily, I've donated money, clothing and blankets to the local homeless shelter. I see crime and I vote for any millage renewals or increases that will aid our local police agencies.

What do you do, besides gripe on a backwater message board about maybe being cancelled by some trans people (even though I don't understand how that would even work).

Oh, I do. I see hungry homeless people almost daily, I've donated money, clothing and blankets to the local homeless shelter. I see crime and I vote for any millage renewals or increases that will aid our local police agencies.

What do you do, besides gripe on a backwater message board about maybe being cancelled by some trans people (even though I don't understand how that would even work).
Oh I see. Naked whataboutism is your argument. I supported the same-sex marriage movement in Australia, even though there are countries in the world that execute gay men. "What about gay people in those countries!" ZiprHead implores. How can you give a shit about any other issue?

You have just taken the last stand of someone without any arguments or rebuttals at all. You can't actually point out anything wrong with what I've said, so instead you try to shift attention to the motivations of the person making the argument, and then roast yourself about the popularity of your own message board.

Oh I see. Naked whataboutism is your argument. I supported the same-sex marriage movement in Australia, even though there are countries in the world that execute gay men. "What about gay people in those countries!" ZiprHead implores. How can you give a shit about any other issue?

You have just taken the last stand of someone without any arguments or rebuttals at all. You can't actually point out anything wrong with what I've said, so instead you try to shift attention to the motivations of the person making the argument, and then roast yourself about the popularity of your own message board.

The problems with the things you've said have been pointed out numerous times in this thread by many people.

Back
Top Bottom