• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What no thread about Ms. Monopoly yet?

starwater

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Moving to the 4th Dimension
Whats with you angry males on this forum?

Your missing out on dissing this new game! Get with it! Tell us all about how the wage gap is just not real. How women are just making up the unequal opportunities:melodramatic: - this just doesn't happen

Seriously - I think this game is a dumb idea. Women don't want more pay - they want equal pay and equal opportunities.

Meh.
On game night, I'll self-identify as a woman.

And that's part of the teaching moment Hasbro is trying to convey - gottcha

Is it? It doesn't teach me anything about morg or imorg in my or any other workplace, just a loophole in the game mechanics that current society says I can access, too, meaning I won't have to confront it during play.

That's really dumb. Everyone knows that girls are bad at math and won't be able to count up to 240. It makes the game unplayable for an entire gender.

Can we please focus on the real gold here, which is the cover of the box:

rkjy8pnjhwl31.png

A lot to unpack here

That's really dumb. Everyone knows that girls are bad at math and won't be able to count up to 240. It makes the game unplayable for an entire gender.

And there are no Barbie or ken doll game pieces!

But I do like how when you get second prize in a beauty contest, all the players get together and shun the bitch who got first place and have to spend fifteen minutes not trading properties with her while making passive aggressive comments about how fat she looks in those pants.

This seems silly. What is Hasbro trying to do, get a specific demographic temporarily interested in their product so they buy it when they already have the original game in the first place? And I suppose they also intend this to anger a particularly easy to disturb demographic that'll throw out their existing Monopoly game in protest only to end up having their wife buy another one down the road to replace it?

:thinking:

This seems silly. What is Hasbro trying to do, get a specific demographic temporarily interested in their product so they buy it when they already have the original game in the first place? And I suppose they also intend this to anger a particularly easy to disturb demographic that'll throw out their existing Monopoly game in protest only to end up having their wife buy another one down the road to replace it?

To be fair, it sounds way more like a gimmick product they "released" for the sake of making a point and getting people to discuss pay inequality as opposed to something they're intending to sell in large numbers.

To be fair, it sounds way more like a gimmick product they "released" for the sake of making a point and getting people to discuss pay inequality as opposed to something they're intending to sell in large numbers.

I agree with this assessment and let's see the release is just before the holiday gift buying rush.:thinking:

Your missing out on dissing this new game! Get with it! Tell us all about how the wage gap is just not real. How women are just making up the unequal opportunities:melodramatic: - this just doesn't happen

Seriously - I think this game is a dumb idea. Women don't want more pay - they want equal pay and equal opportunities.

Not the equal pay myth again. Studies have been done that show women take more time off of work than men do. Women partake more in office gossip which loses productivity. They are more likely to use the bathroom more often. They are more likely to have to leave work when they have a baby. They are allowed to go home if they are crying at work. I have seen this. If a woman is crying, the boss tells them to go home. If a man is crying, the boss laughs and tells him to suck it up and get back to work. Sounds like women are treated better in the workplace.

Add up all those factors and it's no wonder it's a little lopsided. To claim that it is some "patriarchy holding them down" have no clue how things work in the real world. In the real world if you slack off at work, you pay the price. "The patriarchy" doesn't force women to waste time at work talking about celebrities sex lives.

Ms. Monopoly is a pretty disturbing game.

Not the equal pay myth again. Studies have been done that show women take more time off of work than men do. Women partake more in office gossip which loses productivity. They are more likely to use the bathroom more often. They are more likely to have to leave work when they have a baby. They are allowed to go home if they are crying at work. I have seen this. If a woman is crying, the boss tells them to go home. If a man is crying, the boss laughs and tells him to suck it up and get back to work. Sounds like women are treated better in the workplace.

Add up all those factors and it's no wonder it's a little lopsided. To claim that it is some "patriarchy holding them down" have no clue how things work in the real world. In the real world if you slack off at work, you pay the price. "The patriarchy" doesn't force women to waste time at work talking about celebrities sex lives.

Ms. Monopoly is a pretty disturbing game.

:hysterical:

Back
Top Bottom