• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What the hell is Biden doing with Linda '"Cockroach" Sarsour?

Derec

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
She is not only a shariah-supporting Islamist and an anti-semite, but an overall horrible human being to boot!
Biden vows to end Trump travel ban, ‘Islamicphobia’ in call with Linda Sarsour
Also, "Islamicphobia". LMAO!

NY Post said:
“Under this administration, we’ve seen an unconscionable, an unconscionable rise in Islamicphobia and incidents including kids being bullied in schools and hate crimes in our communities,” Biden said, repeating the misnomer over and over.
What "hate crimes"? Maybe this one?

Brooklyn-born Sarsour was dumped from the Women’s March movement she helped found in September 2019 after her views were made public, including her praise for Rasmea Odeh, a Palestinian terrorist convicted in 1970 for her role in the bombing of a Jerusalem supermarket.

She is also an ally of Jew-hating Nation of Islam chief Louis Farrakhan and is a fan of the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.

“Our community is committed to ending the occupation of the Palestinian people, our community is committed to Muslims who are oppressed all over the world,” Sarsour said, vowing to push Biden to support her anti-Israel agenda.

Complete misstep on Biden's part!

Mr. Biden was on a call with several Muslim Americans of whom Ms Sarsour was one.

Whether or not Ms Sarsour's views are palatable, they are not hate crimes.

She is not only a shariah-supporting Islamist and an anti-semite, but an overall horrible human being to boot!

NY Post said:
“Under this administration, we’ve seen an unconscionable, an unconscionable rise in Islamicphobia and incidents including kids being bullied in schools and hate crimes in our communities,” Biden said, repeating the misnomer over and over.

Brooklyn-born Sarsour was dumped from the Women’s March movement she helped found in September 2019 after her views were made public, including her praise for Rasmea Odeh, a Palestinian terrorist convicted in 1970 for her role in the bombing of a Jerusalem supermarket.

She is also an ally of Jew-hating Nation of Islam chief Louis Farrakhan and is a fan of the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement against Israel.

“Our community is committed to ending the occupation of the Palestinian people, our community is committed to Muslims who are oppressed all over the world,” Sarsour said, vowing to push Biden to support her anti-Israel agenda.

Oh FFS, he was on a call with the largest Muslim American PAC in the country, and Sarsour just happens to be a member of that PAC, and was on the call. It's not like Biden flipped through his contact list and said, "I think I will give Linda Sarsour a call today."

Is anti-Israel really the same as anti-semite/jew-hating or are we just not good at nuance? If your "news source" actually describes someone as "Jew-hating" you probably need to find a different news source because that's not exactly how real journalists write. It is the NY Post so we shouldn't expect real journalism.

Is anti-Israel really the same as anti-semite/jew-hating or are we just not good at nuance? If your "news source" actually describes someone as "Jew-hating" you probably need to find a different news source because that's not exactly how real journalists write. It is the NY Post so we shouldn't expect real journalism.

in a word, yes. According to pretty much every Jew I've ever known, if you don't blindly support Israel in everything (they can do no wrong) then you are a bad Jew.

in a word, yes. According to pretty much every Jew I've ever known, if you don't blindly support Israel in everything (they can do no wrong) then you are a bad Jew.
I think "pretty much every Jew" you have ever known were Zionists. There are a hell of a lot of Jews that have problems with several parts of Israeli policies. Far from 'all Jews" are Zionists. Conflating the two is akin to conflating Muslims and Islamists.

I think "pretty much every Jew" you have ever known were Zionists. There are a hell of a lot of Jews that have problems with several parts of Israeli policies. Far from 'all Jews" are Zionists. Conflating the two is akin to conflating Muslims and Islamists.

that's what i was thinking as well. jew-hating and anti-israel are very different things in my book. of course, you can be both but conflating the two only seems to happen in hyperbolic propaganda coming from the rightists in the same way, as you point out, that they conflate muslims and islamists.

either way, don't read the nypost.

that's what i was thinking as well. jew-hating and anti-israel are very different things in my book. of course, you can be both but conflating the two only seems to happen in hyperbolic propaganda coming from the rightists in the same way, as you point out, that they conflate muslims and islamists.

either way, don't read the nypost.

Unfortunately, the major problem in the ME is that the fundamentalists (Islamists and Zionists) in both religions have the loudest bullhorn so create and sustain the strife. The non-fundamentalist (Jews and Muslims) are able to live (and have lived) together in harmony if allowed to.

Oh FFS, he was on a call with the largest Muslim American PAC in the country, and Sarsour just happens to be a member of that PAC, and was on the call. It's not like Biden flipped through his contact list and said, "I think I will give Linda Sarsour a call today."

But ANY association, no matter how tenuous, is plenty for an "I'm not a trumpsucker" to run with.

I don't know what that distribution is, but if 99.9% of Muslims are Islamists, then yes that would be pretty close.

I will go further to say that out of the 1000's of Jews I have known (living in New York at the time), 100% of them fully and totally without question support Israel under any circumstance whatsoever... 100% of them... or else their mothers would have a stroke to hear otherwise.

Being a member of Jewish family, if you told your parents you thought Isreal might possibly be a little bit wrong about some small aspect of a trivial issue... that's your ass. Off to the Rabbi to beat some sense into you.

I don't know what that distribution is, but if 99.9% of Muslims are Islamists, then yes that would be pretty close.

I will go further to say that out of the 1000's of Jews I have known (living in New York at the time), 100% of them fully and totally without question support Israel under any circumstance whatsoever... 100% of them... or else their mothers would have a stroke to hear otherwise.

Being a member of Jewish family, if you told your parents you thought Isreal might possibly be a little bit wrong about some small aspect of a trivial issue... that's your ass. Off to the Rabbi to beat some sense into you.

You need to get out into the real world and stop refusing to associate with anyone who is not a radical.

You are right that IF 99.9% of Muslims were Islamists then the conflation would be more understandable. However most Muslims are not Islamists, most Jews are not Zionists, and just because you are a radical doesn't mean that most people are radicals even though you paint them that way - likely because you can't even imagine that people can not have extreme hatred for anyone who disagrees with them.

100% of the Jews I know disagree with your characterization.

You need to get out into the real world and stop refusing to associate with anyone who is not a radical.

You are right that IF 99.9% of Muslims were Islamists then the conflation would be more understandable. However most Muslims are not Islamists, most Jews are not Zionists, and just because you are a radical doesn't mean that most people are radicals even though you paint them that way - likely because you can't even imagine that people can not have extreme hatred for anyone who disagrees with them.

you are the one that equated "Israel can do no wrong" with "being a zionist".. I didn't say that... and I do not believe they are "radicals" either (all Jews). It is just Jewish culture to support Israel fully and always. I have always found that rather unamerican. There is no one I have "refused to associate with".. you just made that up out of thin air.. like the rest of the so-called facts from which you seem to be forming your opinion.

It's entirely possible you do not know any Jews. Minnesota? 0.8% Jewish population there... Are those the Jews that became "Jews for Jesus" because there is a Baptist Church on every corner and the only Temple within 200 miles mysteriously burned down?

It's entirely possible you do not know any Jews. Minnesota? 0.8% Jewish population there... Are those the Jews that became "Jews for Jesus" because there is a Baptist Church on every corner and the only Temple within 200 miles mysteriously burned down?
You have no idea what you are talking about. There are Jews who live across the street from me. And, I have lived in many places and have lots of Jewish friends.

It is possible that my sample of Jewish acquaintances and friends is not a true representative sample, just like it is possible that your sample of Jewish acquaintances and friends is not a true representative sample.

It is not part of Jewish culture to uncritically support Israel. It is not part of Jewish culture to support Israel. Hasidic Jews do not necessarily support Israel.

you are the one that equated "Israel can do no wrong" with "being a zionist"..
Ok then, your "Israel can do no wrong" would more accurately be called "Radical Messianic Zionism" so those making such claims would be "Radical Messianic Zionists". Such people are a very small percentage of Jews. There are a hell of a lot of just plain old Jews who support the existence of the State of Israel, but not all Israel's policies. Then there are even Jews who oppose a Jewish state in the ME.
I didn't say that... and I do not believe they are "radicals" either (all Jews). It is just Jewish culture to support Israel fully and always.
Bull shit... there is even broad and heated disagreement among Jews in Israel over Israeli policies. I would suggest that rather than imagining your own version of Judaism that you find a few moderate Jews (they are easy to find) and have an honest discussion with them.

Your characterization of Judaism is equivalent to those who claim that all Muslims believe they should force the U.S. to impose Sharia law.

Last edited:
Bull shit... there is even broad and heated disagreement among Jews in Israel over Israeli policies. I would suggest that rather than imagining your own version of Judaism that you find a few moderate Jews (they are easy to find) and have an honest discussion with them.

Yeah, the idea of a unified consensus in the Jewish community on anything is pretty laughable. It's like that old saying; put three Rabbis into a room and ask them what the colour of an orange is and you will get 50 different answers.

Incidentally, there is a plethora of Jewish commentators who are critical of Israel and its policies. Sam Seder, Thomas Friedman and Noam Chomsky for starters. You could also check out obscure lesser known politicians like Ehud Olmert and Ehud Barak who have both compared Israel's attitude toward the West Bank to apartheid.

I suppose that is possible... like Christians that do not believe that Jesus was God's son.... or Muslims that believe that eating pork purifies the soul.

I also never said that they all agree on everything... except that Israel must be supported (and is right in whatever they do). What within that they personally feel may differ between individuals, of course.

Back
Top Bottom