• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

What was wrong with the 夫妻肺片 Ox Tongue & Tripe w. Spicy Pepper Sauce I just ate?

Potoooooooo

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheist
I love authentic Chinese food and I am especially fond of offal and other variety meats.So I was very excited to try a new Chinese restaurant in my town.I ordered 夫妻肺片 Ox Tongue & Tripe w. Spicy Pepper Sauce and it was almost painful to eat. It was not too spicy but it seemed like it had way too much salt in it. It literally hurt the inside of my mouth.Is this how it is supposed to be?

Was this salt I was experiencing or perhaps some other type of preservative? I eat salty foods all the time , but I have literally never had a reaction like this!

I love authentic Chinese food and I am especially fond of offal and other variety meats.So I was very excited to try a new Chinese restaurant in my town.I ordered 夫妻肺片 Ox Tongue & Tripe w. Spicy Pepper Sauce and it was almost painful to eat. It was not too spicy but it seemed like it had way too much salt in it. It literally hurt the inside of my mouth.Is this how it is supposed to be?

Was this salt I was experiencing or perhaps some other type of preservative? I eat salty foods all the time , but I have literally never had a reaction like this!

I put Carne Asada and Adobo seasoning on Cheetos, so I am clearly unfit to address this problem.

:hysterical: Dude, you never mix 妻 with 片. Classic. Can't wait to tell my friends!

:hysterical: Dude, you never mix 妻 with 片. Classic. Can't wait to tell my friends!

Oh hardy-har-har
:rimshot:
I found out that it was most likely the result of the Sichuan Peppercorns which produce a numbing effect on the mouth known as 麻 辣
needless to say I found the effect very unpleasant

Back
Top Bottom