• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Which of the following ideas should be blocked on Facebook?

Which of the following ideas should be blocked on Facebook by Facebook, Inc? Choose all that apply.

• The attached image and the claim that the IQ difference is due to genotypic intelligence differences

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • The attached image and the claim that the data is false and that racial IQ differences don't really

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • The attached image and the claim that the data is meaningless and that racial IQ differences are irr

• The attached image and the claim that the IQ difference is due unfair social disadvantages such as s

• The attached image and the claim that the IQ difference is due to blacks being too lazy, dependent o

• The attached image and the claim that the cause of the IQ difference needs to be investigated withou

• The attached image with no commentary of any sort.

• None of these ideas ought to be blocked on Facebook.

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

ApostateAbe

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Infotheist. I believe the gods to be mere information.
Which of the following ideas should be blocked on Facebook by Facebook, Inc? Choose all that apply. This is NOT a question of which claims you agree with. This is a question of which ideas ought to be blocked on Facebook.

1. The attached image and the claim that the IQ difference is due to genotypic intelligence differences.
  2. The attached image and the claim that the data is false and that racial IQ differences don't really exist.
  3. The attached image and the claim that the data is meaningless and that racial IQ differences are irrelevant.
  4. The attached image and the claim that the IQ difference is due unfair social disadvantages such as systemic racial oppression and exclusion by whites against blacks.
  5. The attached image and the claim that the IQ difference is due to blacks being too lazy, dependent on government handouts, and anti-education to do well in school.
  6. The attached image and the claim that the cause of the IQ difference needs to be investigated without a fear of censorship.
  7. The attached image with no commentary of any sort.
  8. None of these ideas ought to be blocked on Facebook.

bell%2Bcurve%2Bn.jpg

I voted, and the only other voter believes that only ideologically liberal ideas about the racial distributions should be allowed on Facebook, all other ideas blocked.

Why are you so pre-occupied with accurately defining racial differences? What are you hoping to accomplish?

Why are you so pre-occupied with accurately defining racial differences? What are you hoping to accomplish?
My ultimate goal is to prevent racist fascists from monopolizing the accurate science of intelligence and using the political advantage to rule America.

My ultimate goal is to prevent racist fascists from monopolizing the accurate science of intelligence and using the political advantage to rule America.

Not quite sure I understand. So you want to ensure that government policy discriminates based on whatever racial differences exist?

Not quite sure I understand. So you want to ensure that government policy discriminates based on whatever racial differences exist?

No. I expect that the National Institute of Health will inadvertently prove the white nationalists correct in the next ten years. They are just beginning a study that will collect the genomes and profiles including educational level of a million Americans. Analysts will find almost all the alleles that code for educational success. And, the frequencies will vary by race according to how the white nationalists expect. Racism will become generally accepted mainstream science. There will be handheld devices that will test anyone's genome to tell the IQ of anyone, plus or minus five points. Only 13% of blacks will score above 100. There will no longer be any reasonable doubt about the racial differences. Censorship will no longer help. But, devoted liberals will have unreasonable doubt. They will claim that the whole science of genetics is a conspiracy of white supremacists. They will have a handful of qualified geneticists willing to say so. They will take the anti-scientific conspiratorial fringes. And, the Alt Right will easily take the political power. They will build a wall along the Mexican border, they will deny visas to EVERYONE of disadvantaged races, even the high IQ members, because of regression to the mean, they will deport all illegal immigrants and their children, and they will make voting rights a matter of IQ. Liberals will do nothing effective to stop them.

No. I expect that the National Institute of Health will inadvertently prove the white nationalists correct in the next ten years. They are just beginning a study that will collect the genomes and profiles including educational level of a million Americans. Analysts will find almost all the alleles that code for educational success. And, the frequencies will vary by race according to how the white nationalists expect. Racism will become generally accepted mainstream science. There will be handheld devices that will test anyone's genome to tell the IQ of anyone, plus or minus five points. Only 13% of blacks will score above 100. There will no longer be any reasonable doubt about the racial differences. Censorship will no longer help. But, devoted liberals will have unreasonable doubt. They will claim that the whole science of genetics is a conspiracy of white supremacists. They will have a handful of qualified geneticists willing to say so. They will take the anti-scientific conspiratorial fringes. And, the Alt Right will easily take the political power. They will build a wall along the Mexican border, they will deny visas to EVERYONE of disadvantaged races, even the high IQ members, because of regression to the mean, they will deport all illegal immigrants and their children, and they will make voting rights a matter of IQ. Liberals will do nothing effective to stop them.

To me this sounds like you're encouraging exactly what I mentioned above: discrimination, and now eugenics. If not, please clarify.

To me this sounds like you're encouraging exactly what I mentioned above: discrimination, and now eugenics. If not, please clarify.
I did not make policy prescriptions, so I don't know what you think I am "encouraging." I am predicting what the Alt Right will do after they take power. They will go to the extreme. And it isn't eugenics. Eugenics would be moderate and reasonable, in my opinion. The Alt Right policies will not be eugenics. They will be racially aggressive, exclusionary, authoritarian, and unconstitutional. They will openly appreciate Hitler.

I voted, and the only other voter believes that only ideologically liberal ideas about the racial distributions should be allowed on Facebook, all other ideas blocked.

You're reading more into that graph than it says, especially since it's almost certainly bad data anyway.

You're trying to make the reader draw conclusions from it that it doesn't actually support.

You're reading more into that graph than it says, especially since it's almost certainly bad data anyway.

You're trying to make the reader draw conclusions from it that it doesn't actually support.
That's a debate for the other thread. Let's suppose you are right. Should all contrary claims be blocked on Facebook?

That's a debate for the other thread. Let's suppose you are right. Should all contrary claims be blocked on Facebook?

I am not opposed to an honest discussion of the facts. A chart like that is an attempt to stir up racial issues, not an honest discussion of the facts. Facebook is right to block it in most situations.

The problem with presenting data which shows white people to be more intelligent, is that only the lowest intelligence percentiles of white people believe it is significant.

I am not opposed to an honest discussion of the facts. A chart like that is an attempt to stir up racial issues, not an honest discussion of the facts. Facebook is right to block it in most situations.
OK, select your options. What are those most cases?

The problem with presenting data which shows white people to be more intelligent, is that only the lowest intelligence percentiles of white people believe it is significant.
It is an ad hominem argument generalized to a population, but I think you are right. A scattered few of the high-IQ whites believe in the significance of measured racial intelligence differences, but the low-IQ whites are much more likely to accept its significance. Bertrand Russell wrote, "This is one of those views which are so absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them." He was referring to the philosophical postmodernist habit of refusing to connect words with objective reality, and indeed the philosophical postmodernist perspective is far more likely to be accepted among intellectuals than among the lowly people who believe that some claims are objectively right and others objectively wrong. Everyone is vulnerable to motivated thinking, but the highly intelligent and highly educated have the elevated talent of rationalizing absolutely any absurdity they wish. Genotypic racial psychological differences is a dangerous belief, therefore it is wrong, therefore, races have no basis in biology and intelligence can't be usefully measured, and the only people who would believe in genotypic racial psychological differences are either stupid people or they are smart and evil. That is the implicit thinking, but the explicit arguments are about as absurd. I have investigated them.

It is an ad hominem argument generalized to a population, but I think you are right. A scattered few of the high-IQ whites believe in the significance of measured racial intelligence differences, but the low-IQ whites are much more likely to accept its significance. Bertrand Russell wrote, "This is one of those views which are so absurd that only very learned men could possibly adopt them." He was referring to the philosophical postmodernist habit of refusing to connect words with objective reality, and indeed the philosophical postmodernist perspective is far more likely to be accepted among intellectuals than among the lowly people who believe that some claims are objectively right and others objectively wrong. Everyone is vulnerable to motivated thinking, but the highly intelligent and highly educated have the elevated talent of rationalizing absolutely any absurdity they wish. Genotypic racial psychological differences is a dangerous belief, therefore it is wrong, therefore, races have no basis in biology and intelligence can't be usefully measured, and the only people who would believe in genotypic racial psychological differences are either stupid people or they are smart and evil. That is the implicit thinking, but the explicit arguments are about as absurd. I have investigated them.

You’re overanalyzing it, rationalizing it much too much yourself. People will believe whatever they want to believe, and IQ hasn’t got anything to do with it. So if anyone wants to make a thing of racism then they will anyway, and if anyone wants to believe it then they will regardless of any stats. More good will be done if smart people like you will just dismiss the significance of both racism and IQ and not invest energy into either.

Aren't Facebook and Twitter similar to the monopolies of old - Standard Oil, Bell Telephone? Why doesn't the government break them up?

Back
Top Bottom