• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White Castle impossible slider

Underseer

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
atheism, resistentialism
I finally decided to try the Impossible Burger/Slider at White Castle. Just a reminder, when the Impossible Burger first came out, I went all curmudgeon and opined that if I wanted a burger that tasted like real meat, I would eat a burger made from real meat and that I preferred my veggie burgers to taste like fucking veggie burgers, damnit!

I decided to try one anyway, since they are now available at White Castle. For reference:

Regular Slider77[ent]cent[/ent]
with cheese95[ent]cent[/ent]
Veggie Slider99[ent]cent[/ent]
Impossible Slider$1.99

20180918_185418.jpg
I never tried the White Castle veggie slider before, so I got one for comparison. I added onions and pickles to the veggie slider for a more fair comparison.

20180918_185527.jpg
The veggie slider was a lot better than I was expecting. Next time I'll get it with onions and pickles and cheese. I regret not getting cheese. That's a pool of hot sauce on the plate because sliders don't have any sauces (ketchup, mustard, etc.). I always get hot sauce with my White Castle sliders.

20180918_185625.jpg
The texture was a bit off, so it wasn't exactly like meat. The texture was a bit drier than ground beef, much like other veggie burgers except in that it had a crust like one would get with a beef smashburger cooked on a flattop grill. The flavor however was amazing and dead-on.

Verdict
If all else were equal, I would choose the Impossible slider every time. The taste is phenomenal, but it's also twice as expensive as the other offerings, and truth be told, I actually like the occasional veggie burger that tastes like a veggie burger. As it is, I expect I'll be returning to White Castle frequently for both their veggie slider and Impossible slider. It may be some time before I ever get another regular beef slider.

I used to eat at White Castle when I was growing up in NJ, but here in Georgia, we now have a Steak and Shake that's not too far from us. The burgers are very tasty, very lean and very cheap. While I rarely indulge in the milkshakes, they are the best shakes I've ever had. Plus the Atlanta Journal has coupons on a regular basis, so the two of us can eat for about 10 dollars. It's not the healthiest food that we eat, but it sure is tasty. I usually get the single burger that comes with fries, for 3.29. Then I use a coupon for a free drink. Or we use a coupon and get two double burgers with fries for 5.99. Not a bad deal when you're in the mood for fast food. Plus they have waiters that serve you, so you feel like you're in an actual restaurant. The place is always clean, including the rest rooms. That's my review of Steak and Shake, at least the one closest to us.

We have Steak 'n Shake around here as well, but to be honest, I get cravings for sliders more often than Steak 'n Shake. The SnS near me is 24 hour, so if I go it's usually because I got hungry at a really strange hour and I can no longer stomach IHoP nor Denny's.

Anyway, I'm fully addicted to the Impossible Slider. I've been back to White Castle once since posting this thread. It's less unhealthy, and the veggies in that patty releases fewer greenhouse gasses into the environment than real meat does.

Back
Top Bottom