• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

White people are kinda assholes

Do the comments in this thread indicate that, in the hypothetical case of me immigrating to the US (and currently I have no intention of doing so), I would be a sort of immigrant not wanted by the politically correct posters in this thread, due to being white?
There are all sorts of bigots in the world. All can recognize the bigotry of others but none of them see thier own bigotry.

Do the comments in this thread indicate that, in the hypothetical case of me immigrating to the US (and currently I have no intention of doing so), I would be a sort of immigrant not wanted by the politically correct posters in this thread, due to being white?

Nah, c'mon over. It's fine.

Although, I have to warn you, watching for people who use "politically correct" in ordinary conversations is one of the way we identify assholes. Nobody uses the term to describe anything correct.

That conclusion seems to come out of thin air. What prompted it?

That conclusion seems to come out of thin air. What prompted it?

White people = Bad seems to be the consensus in the thread. I'm white.

If the situation was reversed, I'm sure black people would be just as big assholes. It's because people in general tend to be assholes and think of their own self-interest.

The real takeaway of the study is that the tactic to convince whites that some sort of reform is needed is to sweep the racial aspect under the rug.

If the situation was reversed, I'm sure black people would be just as big assholes. It's because people in general tend to be assholes and think of their own self-interest.

The real takeaway of the study is that the tactic to convince whites that some sort of reform is needed is to sweep the racial aspect under the rug.

Well, there's white and then there's Arctic Circle white.

I am white and I have not had any such issues as an immigrant to the US. Maybe how I choose to interact with persons of a different ethnicity than mine as well as with persons of my own ethnicity makes it that I remain a wanted immigrant?

Anyhow, I find it quite unhealthy when some folks engage in defining the character and intentions of other persons based on their ethnicity. If let's say they start envisioning a threat of some sort at the mere sight of a young Black male...walking towards them. Or if they start envisioning that when a White cop pulls them over it can only be because of racial profile not the fact they committed a traffic violation.

White people = Bad seems to be the consensus in the thread. I'm white.

I know! Awesome, isn't it? We're white, and we're Bad!

All you minorities, look out! 'Cause the White Man is coming through! We're generally wealthier, we're less likely to get pulled over by the cops, and have centuries of privilege in our favor! How awesome is that?!

:wave2:

I am white and I have not had any such issues as an immigrant to the US. Maybe how I choose to interact with persons of a different ethnicity than mine as well as with persons of my own ethnicity makes it that I remain a wanted immigrant?

Anyhow, I find it quite unhealthy when some folks engage in defining the character and intentions of other persons based on their ethnicity. If let's say they start envisioning a threat of some sort at the mere sight of a young Black male...walking towards them. Or if they start envisioning that when a White cop pulls them over it can only be because of racial profile not the fact they committed a traffic violation.

"White", "black" etc are not ethnicities.

As for viewing a black person walking towards me as a threat, it would depend on a host of factors, such as his dress appearance, the look of his face, the manner in which he walked toward me. Etc.

Back
Top Bottom