• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who killed more people, Putin or Obama?

Will Wiley

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
naturalist
I find it curious that when I post something about Putin, Americans here call Putin a killer. Bill O'Rielly said the same.

So how many people has Putin killed and how many did Obama kill?

I find it curious that when I post something about Putin, Americans here call Putin a killer. Bill O'Rielly said the same.

The question is how many political opponents did either of them either kill, try to kill, or put on trial over bogus shit (or legitimate shit that they ignored until they became a political liability).

America dropped 26,171 bombs in 2016. What a bloody end to Obama's reign

Most Americans would probably be astounded to realize that the president who has been painted by Washington pundits as a reluctant warrior has actually been a hawk. The Iran nuclear deal, a herculean achievement, and the opening of diplomatic relations with Cuba unfortunately stand alone as President Obama’s successful uses of diplomacy over hostility.

Ok, let's try this.

Since you're probably referring to Obamas drone strikes, then shouldn't non-combatants killed in Syria by Putin or his allies count?

Obama’s covert drone war in numbers: ten times more strikes than Bush

There were ten times more air strikes in the covert war on terror during President Barack Obama’s presidency than under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.

How much money has Putin made? What is his personal fortune?
So you didn't want to answer the question.

I'll give it a try.

Obama has the drone strikes, but even with that, he can't come close to Putin's work in Chechnya. Way more than Obama ever dreamed of.

If we're only counting the hands on work, Obama will never come close to Putin's "double tap in the back of the head" count.

I'll give it a try.

Obama has the drone strikes, but even with that, he can't come close to Putin's work in Chechnya. Way more than Obama ever dreamed of.

If we're only counting the hands on work, Obama will never come close to Putin's "double tap in the back of the head" count.

I didn't realize that Obama dreamed of the slaughter of societal undesirables.

- - - Updated - - -

There were ten times more air strikes in the covert war on terror during President Barack Obama’s presidency than under his predecessor, George W. Bush.

Obama embraced the US drone programme, overseeing more strikes in his first year than Bush carried out during his entire presidency. A total of 563 strikes, largely by drones, targeted Pakistan, Somalia and Yemen during Obama’s two terms, compared to 57 strikes under Bush. Between 384 and 807 civilians were killed in those countries, according to reports logged by the Bureau.

Mods, please remove this attempted derail. The premise is whether the number of dead by Obama outnumbers those by Putin, not whether or not Obama killed more people in Drone strikes than Bush. :)

I'll give it a try.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods, please remove this attempted derail. The premise is whether the number of dead by Obama outnumbers those by Putin, not whether or not Obama killed more people in Drone strikes than Bush.

I don't know that he did, but in this game, a kill is a kill. We aren't grading motives.

Please use the report function to complain about a derail.

- - - Updated - - -

Mods, please remove this attempted derail. The premise is whether the number of dead by Obama outnumbers those by Putin, not whether or not Obama killed more people in Drone strikes than Bush.

I don't know that he did, but in this game, a kill is a kill. We aren't grading motives.

I was being disingenuous in both cases. One was simple glib, the other to point out Wil's personal hypocrisy.

Is your rent overdue or sumpin'?

- - - Updated - - -

I was being disingenuous in both cases. One was simple glib, the other to point out Wil's personal hypocrisy.

Disingenuous? Who could tell?

I've always found it very odd that our modern far right would feel so warm and fuzzy about Putin. It's taking the old, "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend," thing to the absurd. Putin sets himself up in power and becomes a major pain in the ass for President Obama, and suddenly Putin is the mascot for the Young Republicans. Ordinarily a former Communist Secret Policeman would be viewed with major suspicion, but Putin gets a different treatment from Brezhnev, Gorbachev, or Yeltsin.

If someone could create a US birth certificate, half as good as Obama's, Putin could be the next GOP nominee.

- - - Updated - - -

Disingenuous? Who could tell?

I've always found it very odd that our modern far right would feel so warm and fuzzy about Putin. It's taking the old, "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend," thing to the absurd. Putin sets himself up in power and becomes a major pain in the ass for President Obama, and suddenly Putin is the mascot for the Young Republicans. Ordinarily a former Communist Secret Policeman would be viewed with major suspicion, but Putin gets a different treatment from Brezhnev, Gorbachev, or Yeltsin.

If someone could create a US birth certificate, half as good as Obama's, Putin could be the next GOP nominee.

I wasn't clear on it but the way you phrased that made it sound as if Obama personally dreamed of that specific thing.

Putin's political enemies have a way of getting murdered.

What Obama did with all his killing makes no sense.

It didn't serve him or the American people. It serves those making money from oil. It serves the military that wants to stay large.

So Putin is the calculated killer.

Obama, just a tool in a system he did not control.

Obama was attempting to take out terrorist leaders who had declared war on the US and the West and acted on that.
Critics claim 803 civilians have died in these attempts.

Putin? Wikipedia, Second Chechnya war:

Estimates of casualties in the Second Chechen War vary wildly, from 25,000 to 200,000 civilian dead plus 8,000 to 40,000 Russian military. (Separate figures for Chechen military fatalities from the second war only are not yet referenced in this article.)
Note: Some of these figures include the First Chechen War of 1994-1996. They usually don't include the death toll in Dagestan, Ingushetia, and other neighbouring regions of North Caucasus, where the violence spilled-off from Chechnya.

----

And of course, war in the Ukraine. And the war in Georgia. Plus support for Syria's dictator and his murderous ways.
So when you look at the numbers, Putin and by a huge margin.

It seems as if a lot of people think Obama should not have pursued al Qaeda leaders. Well, no. Letting them have free reign would be stupid. But Putin, first thing he did as new leader of Russia was attack Chechnya.

I'll give it a try.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Chechen_War
It says 25K killed and 5k disappeared, presumably dead.
I would not be so sure about Obama's numbers being less than that.

Back
Top Bottom