• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Who's living in a bubble? "Coastal Elites" or "flyover country" "Real Americans"?

Hillary represented money in politics, pay to play policies, and billionaire donors. Trump represented being self funded and talked about "Draining the swamp". Not rocket science to see why he won. Those in the bubble are those who want to push another establishment wall street backed candidate like Kaine into the DNC leadership.

And who better to "drain the swamp" than the likes of Newt Gingrich, Reince Preibus and Rudy Giuliani, right?

Just curious, who do you think he should have chosen? They have to meet the "drain the swamp" rhetoric and also be complete outsiders, and someone who would generally be on the more Republican-ish side.

I never expected much from him, but I am curious if you could name anyone who meets those criteria.

And who better to "drain the swamp" than the likes of Newt Gingrich, Reince Preibus and Rudy Giuliani, right?

Just curious, who do you think he should have chosen? They have to meet the "drain the swamp" rhetoric and also be complete outsiders, and someone who would generally be on the more Republican-ish side.

I never expected much from him, but I am curious if you could name anyone who meets those criteria.

Additionally, assuming (for the sake of argument) that Trump does actually want to drain the swamp, he is going to need to fill his administration with people who have a deep and intimate knowledge of how said swamp works in order to drain it and then direct them to use their knowledge and experience to start dismantling the system they once profited from.

That's not a pro-Trump statement and I have no expectation that there will be any draining going on at all over the next four years, but if he were to attempt to do such a thing, this would probably be one of the most effective ways of going about doing it.

Why should *I* know who the best people are? I wasn't running for President and claiming to "drain the swamp". If it's actually impossible to find anyone who can do that, then it's yet another empty campaign promise on Trump's part, isn't it?

He said he'd surround himself with the best people, the smartest people. If these are actually the best and the smartest, then it doesn't seem they really have much to offer.

Hillary represented money in politics, pay to play policies, and billionaire donors. Trump represented being self funded and talked about "Draining the swamp". Not rocket science to see why he won. Those in the bubble are those who want to push another establishment wall street backed candidate like Kaine into the DNC leadership.

If I was Reince's wife, I'd be a bit nervous. There seems to be a certain club that is forming up here.

I don't think Newt wants a cabinet post. He said on one of the talk shows about a week ago that he would like to have an advisory position, not a cabinet or department head position (honesty or coyness, I don't know). But he does have previous credential in trying to "drain the swamp" - he was one of the leaders of the "tea party" movement trying to unseat the establishment GOP leadership. The tea party failed to the establishment and Newt was pretty much driven out of politics by them.

Back
Top Bottom