• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why are they bringing Ebola to the US?

Suppose it raises an ethical dilemma, how would you feel if it were your family member who had become infected overseas. Would you not want them rushed home for potentially life saving care or would you just say to them, "Fuck it, sorry mom, Fox News said you're gonna wipe out 1/3 of our 'Murica population if we bring you home so....pop a few expired Tylenol and we'll arrange for your funeral via Skype."

I think this shouldn't be a newsworthy information, as the gist of it is pretty much the same for several decades now. Only the main character changes - and this time it's Ebola.

We all know how Big Pharma operates and that it's both passively (no money in that pursuit, so fuck you) and actively (statins, beta blockers, other murderous garbage) outright genocidal.

What I don't get is how and why are most people just go along with that...

I think this shouldn't be a newsworthy information, as the gist of it is pretty much the same for several decades now. Only the main character changes - and this time it's Ebola.

We all know how Big Pharma operates and that it's both passively (no money in that pursuit, so fuck you) and actively (statins, beta blockers, other murderous garbage) outright genocidal.

Thread derail. You have evidence of Pharma committing genocide? Would love to see that.

Are you seriously suggesting that the only reason an Ebola vaccine does not currently exist is because until a white American dies, in America, no-one else either has bothered or has the technology?
wikipedia seems to suggest that.
Private companies are not interested in the vaccine because there is not much return.
Now, government will pay for the vaccine development.

Apparently they already have a vaccine in animal trials with the human trials supposed to start in September. This has been in the works long before these two white people got sick.

If a personal gets Ebola and survives are they able to get it again?

It sounds like "yes" from the article Sabine posted.
The particular virus in this outbreak, known as the Zaire ebolavirus, is the deadliest type of the disease; it has killed 79 percent of those infected in previous outbreaks.

Those bastards…

The big pharma companies insist on producing drugs they can make a profit on so they can pay their employees just because the thousands and thousands of greedy, selfish employees insist on being paid for their work of developing, testing, and producing drugs.

Apparently what we need is thousands and thousands of employees working in the drug industry who will gladly work for nothing.

Thread derail. You have evidence of Pharma committing genocide? Would love to see that.

Oh, you need evidence. As if you don't really know anything.
From your linked article, it seems that your anger at big pharma is misplaced. The beta blockers produced by the drug companies apparently do exactly what they are advertised to do. They have saved untold thousands of lives when prescribed appropriately. The problem, apparently, is that doctors are often prescribing them inappropriately.

If your house falls down, you should blame the builders not the manufacturers of the saws and hammers. Prescription drugs are tools to be used by doctors. They should use them appropriately

Last edited:
I don't see any reason to bring these people to the US.
maybe there is a good reason, wtf is it?
here is an article that discusses the issue somewhat...
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-patients-coming-us-safe/story?id=24804000
figured I post here because it seems to be a medical decision.
Let's just use our imagination with a conspiratorial twist and have fun with it. Shall we? After all, there is no basis in fact:

Apparently, because there is so little risk to others, given the precautions they're taking, there is further justification for bringing them here -- except that the true reason is to cover up their current tragedy of others already being infected due to a prior accidental mishap with the virus that was already here that breached their safety protocols -- all of which the public is not yet privy to. When the purported future mishap occurs (yes, there will be another one), it will explain how other current citizens (who have already been infected as a result of the mishap that has already taken place) were affected. Certain people already know this. It's a fact.

But, what is also a fact, but not even the wrong-doers are aware, is that their conspiracy to cover up the tragedy by intentionally staging another one will be uncovered when it's also discovered that the original and truly accidental mishap was with a completely different (yet very similar) strain of the virus.

It's certainly not the right thing to do ... to intentionally infect others to cover up the fact they already screwed up, but there are high financial stakes ... not to mention the ruined lives of others, should the true transpired events ever be discovered.

Good thing for them there is no basis in fact for such an imaginative scenario to be taken seriously.

Oh, you need evidence. As if you don't really know anything.

By your reasoning, I'll go ahead and claim that auto manfucturers are also committing genocide. Just in the States there's been 468,512 fatalities from auto accidents between 2000-2010. Clear and present case of genocide.

We're bringing Ebola here so we can eventually unleash it on China and India where they have far too many people. It's just like that old Star Trek episode with the overcrowded planet.

Yes, skep, you are right, indeed it seems misplaced.

That particular article doesn't explicitly state that, but it was Pharma's lobby that put those guidelines in place.

As is with the widespread use of those awful drugs called statins.

Yes, skep, you are right, indeed it seems misplaced.

That particular article doesn't explicitly state that, but it was Pharma's lobby that put those guidelines in place.

As is with the widespread use of those awful drugs called statins.
Do you have the same opinion on medical devices? Hell, this deserves its own thread, no? How 'bout that Ebola..

I would be willing to pose that the time for caution in the development of the Ebola vaccine is long since passed. We should farm up a few hundred thousand doses, and dose a community that has been exposed. I would rather see a less healthy generation than a dead planet.

I would be willing to pose that the time for caution in the development of the Ebola vaccine is long since passed. We should farm up a few hundred thousand doses, and dose a community that has been exposed. I would rather see a less healthy generation than a dead planet.
Why would a vaccine produce a less healthy generation?

I understand what you're responding to, but I would not freely adopt anti-vax vocabulary. Words are slippery, bewitching things, like viruses they take over the host for reproduction.

PLEASE TAKE 2 SECONDS TO READ THE FIRST FUCKING SENTENCE OF THE FUCKING LINKED ARTICLE.

Thank you.

Now, as you all can plainly see, the reason "EBOLA" is being brought to the states, is because it is being carried by TWO AMERICANS.

TWO AMERICAN CITIZENS ARE BEING BROUGHT HOME TO AMERICA FOR MEDICAL TREATMENT.

Feel free to continue the dialog, now that you can focus on something of substance. Thank you.

I use the words I do because I recognize that untested vaccines have the potential to produce negative side effects, in addition to stopping a virus from infecting a host. It's my way of saying that even if the anti-vax crowd is completely right about all their claims, the benefit would still outweigh the cost. And they are in fact completely wrong about every consequence they propose.

We need to manufacture the vaccines and use them. Period. And while we're at it, re-release the lymerix vaccine.

As an aside, I am autistic, of an expression that was classically called 'Aspergers'. If I were not, I could not possibly do my job. So if vaccines triggered autism to develop, I'd put that in the 'win' column. It's honestly a pity that they do not.

Back
Top Bottom