• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why do modern day feminists dismiss or downplay these facts?

Axulus

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
Right leaning skeptic
Four-Graduation-Rates-Degrees-Associates-Bachelors-Masters-Doctorate-by-Sex-and-Percentage-United-States-new-version.jpg

And also:

Boys represent 70% of the D and F students.

11th-grade boys now write at the same level as 8th-grade girls.

Boys commit suicide at 4 times the rate girls do.

Today, women outnumber men on 57% of campuses and enjoy a 3:2 ratio overall. By 2020, men’s enrollment is projected as low as 41.4%, down from 57.7% in 1970.

Boys are five times more likely to end up in Juvenile detention.

Boys are far more likely to be victims of a violent crime.

Of those who died by suicide in 2011, 78.5% were male and 21.5% were female.

67.5% of the single homeless population is male

men make up 94% of industrial deaths and accidents

So, because they make up the majority of the top ends of society (CEOs, politicians, etc.), which demonstrates that they have incredible "privilege", we can just dismiss all the sorry saps who didn't make it, because obviously such failures in a society where they have such incredible "privilege" demonstrates their own personal failure. This is the kind of narrative brought about by modern day feminism, where the focus is exclusively on areas where male do better than females (and how we need to implement policies to correct that) and we just hand wave away where males do worse than females as personal failure.

You have not showed how feminists dismiss or downplay those facts.

Start with that.

Start with that.

How about citing a feminist source you respect where they call attention to these facts and how we need to do something about them? I can't prove a negative.

Here is an example of someone bring up some of these facts and basically being dismissed and claiming that the patriarchy is doing just fine because men make up the majority of CEOs and politicians (as if to say that makes all these other issues a non-problem, or as if to say that a boy who fails to succeed in society is an abject failure because the society privileges him so much, as evidenced solely by CEO and politician gender ratios):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV1m71WT9s0

Also, take a look at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sKBMcLzRHY&index=11&list=PLytTJqkSQqtr7BqC1Jf4nv3g2yDfu7Xmd

Start with that.

How about citing a feminist source you respect where they call attention to these facts and how we need to do something about them? I can't prove a negative.

Here is an example of someone bring up some of these facts and basically being dismissed and claiming that the patriarchy is doing just fine because men make up the majority of CEOs and politicians (as if to say that makes all these other issues a non-problem, or as if to say that a boy who fails to succeed in society is an abject failure because the society privileges him so much, as evidenced solely by CEO and politician gender ratios):

The burden of proof is on you. You don't get to accuse a whole movement of something with no evidence. I don't calm that modern right wingers hate women and just point to Derec.

The burden of proof is on you. You don't get to accuse a whole movement of something with no evidence. I don't calm that modern right wingers hate women and just point to Derec.

I already gave two pieces of evidence - how about refuting them with something substantive?

Also, do you disagree that the modern day feminist movement focuses almost exclusively on areas where there are gender gaps where females are doing worse than males, put pay little to no attention when the opposite is true?

I already gave two pieces of evidence - how about refuting them with something substantive?

Also, do you disagree that the modern day feminist movement focuses almost exclusively on areas where there are gender gaps where females are doing worse than males, put pay little to no attention when the opposite is true?

So your case that modern feminists dismiss and downplay this is a YouTube video. Fine then I will from now on use Derec as the benchmark for how the right view women.

Personal antecedents tell me feminists are up playing this fact as a victory.

So your case that modern feminists dismiss and downplay this is a YouTube video. Fine then I will from now on use Derec as the benchmark for how the right view women.

The videos are produced by A Voice For Male Students.com (a MRA site) and the American Enterprise Institute respectively.

I also questions these graphs. I see no source data and find it difficult to see that men are entering post secondary education at such a low percentage. As I college recruiter, this is not reflecting the statistics from my major university. Yes, more women are choosing to get degrees than in 1970 and in many fields women generally outnumber men, but there is no reason to assume that women will suddenly be 65% of the student body in 2018.

ETA: A link to the graph source would be nice.

Why do modern day feminists dismiss or downplay these facts?

Gloria Steinem hasn't beaten her husband in years.

And when was the the time Steinem had her dinner ready on time? I'm not saying that the two things are related, but they're definitely related.

A lifetime of being passed over for promotion in favor of some guy with a PhD, and I always figured it was my own fault for not being able to face the difficult coursework, the dissertation, and the dreaded orals, and now you're telling me 85% of those guys got their doctorate degrees by sex?!?

The problem is not the rate of education, but the rate of pay.

If women are paid less then men, despite their education, that is a problem. Duh.

If women are paid less then men, despite their education, that is a problem. Duh.

Separate issue. Are you saying boys falling behind in education is fine since those who do get an education get better pay? How does that help those who are failing high school or college?

Separate issue. Are you saying boys falling behind in education is fine since those who do get an education get better pay? How does that help those who are failing high school or college?

How is it a separate issue? If women are surpassing men in education but that's not translating into pay rates afterwards, that would seem to be the central issue.

How is it a separate issue? If women are surpassing men in education but that's not translating into pay rates afterwards, that would seem to be the central issue.

Huh? Who said it's not translating into higher pay? He was discussing pay parity for equally educated individuals (which is something like 95% when you do apples to apples for men vs women.)

That is completely separate from boys failing at much higher rates and not graduating from college in as high of numbers.

Biology and the maternal instinct always seem to go overlooked in these discussions. A lot of those educated women choose not to use the degrees they get.

It isnt all unfair hiring or sexist society pushing women away from high paying jobs.

Back
Top Bottom