• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why does some poo strongly stick to the side of the toilet?

My first guess would be that depending on what you eat, sometimes your poo is more hydrophilic or less. Say, if you ate something that had a lot of oil. Then the water would be driven out at the interface between the poo and the bowl, creating a more durable attachment.

But oil is an lubricant. Wouldn't higher oil content make it less sticky?

My guess - drop velocity and trajectory more than anything to do with consistency of the poo.

Maybe don't push it out so hard or something.

My first guess would be that depending on what you eat, sometimes your poo is more hydrophilic or less. Say, if you ate something that had a lot of oil. Then the water would be driven out at the interface between the poo and the bowl, creating a more durable attachment.

But oil is an lubricant. Wouldn't higher oil content make it less sticky?

My hypothesis is that it drives out water at the interface creating an adhesion of sorts that discourages slippage into the water. Same as when you use a suction cup and get it a little wet to drive out the air, the hydrophobic oil will drive out water.

That was my thinking, anyway. I could be wrong, but that’s why I thought that.

https://suctioncups.com/pages/suction-cups-101

Why does mud stick to your shoes?

The answer is probably how glues and adhesives work.

It's sticky when there is too much fat in it, and it's fat when something is not right in your system.

There is a shear force on the contact area depending on mass=gravity and angle of the side of the bowl.. When Force is greater than friction and viscosity it will move.

As angle increases some mass will slide down reducing mass and force at the interface.

Back
Top Bottom