• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Why is God at war with it's creation?

How DID things come to fly? Assume evolution is something that happens for a moment. Did a pack of awkward lizards jump off cliffs for thousands of years - until one day they had enough feathers to fly? What was driving them to jump? What kind of "will" would be behind that, and where would that will come from?

Classic strawman argument. You are arguing against a caricature. Do you really think theropod dinosaurs (the probable ancestors of birds) were "awkward lizards"? They were agile bipedal predators.

This reminds me of an SNL skit with Burt Reynolds, Tarzan, and Frankenstein....classic.

Why didn't all dinosaurs have feathers? Why didn't all dinosaurs have horns like the triceratops? Why didn't all dinosaurs have short arms like the Tyrannosaurus Rex? Why didn't all dinosaurs have long, sharp talons like Velociraptor? Why aren't all human beings dark skinned? Why aren't all bears as big and white as the Polar Bear? Why are house cats so much smaller and less powerful than Bengal Tigers? Why are some dogs Teacup Chihuahuas and others are Great Pyrenees?

Evolutionary theory is every bit as well evidenced as gravitational theory. Arguing otherwise is as ridiculous as arguing that the Earth is flat and that it is the center of the universe.

Feathers started out on reptiles as a means of heat retention. As time went on, certain species of such reptiles gained traits that were conducive to short term gliding, which then later becomes full flight.

That sounds legitimate enough. Was just something i was picturing in my head. Penguin lizards hobbling off cliffs for no apparent reason.

so why didn't ALL reptiles have feathers? its a holy mystery

I thought the idea behind flight was getting to the sun. Dino-lizard-penguins thought the sun is God, you'd think. They probably split up into groups because some didn't believe in the sun, Syed.

Do you really think theropod dinosaurs (the probable ancestors of birds) were "awkward lizards"? They were agile bipedal predators

They probably wanted to get to the sun, James. Generations tried and failed. The bottom of the ravine is probably stacked with lizard penguin bones. Tousands of years worth. Enough to fuel our vehicles forever I bet. So there is great harmony in it because their ceaseless attempts to fly could now make fuel for human flight. Oddly enough, humans think they can get to the supposed stars. Same driving force perhaps.

They probably wanted to get to the sun, James. Generations tried and failed. The bottom of the ravine is probably stacked with lizard penguin bones. Tousands of years worth. Enough to fuel our vehicles forever I bet. So there is great harmony in it because their ceaseless attempts to fly could now make fuel for human flight. Oddly enough, humans think they can get to the supposed stars. Same driving force perhaps.

Now there's an amusing thought. :D

Back
Top Bottom