• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WHY, though.

When it comes to human behavior, I can ask, is there a song?

I loved the Muppet Show as a kid. But, as a 15 year old, I never got the humor in the Swedish Chef,

I'm 63 now, and I still don't get it.

Who said anything about humor?
You think it's FUNNY that this is the theme song for human behavior?
It's SAD!!
Have you SEEN human behavior?

The point is, I don't understand what Chef is even doing. Sings a gobbledygook song, says "Bork, Bork, Bork!" then tosses his cooking utensils behind him. Repeat skit weekly for the next 5 years. I thought when I was young that I would understand the skit when I learn about Sweden as an adult. I know a little about Sweden now, and....I still got nuthin'. I don't know if its sad, funny...or what. Its just, well, plain old' WTF! Tell me!

Its just, well, plain old' WTF! Tell me!
It holds an appeal for kids, being nonsense and all. I am not unlike a kid, but was also exposed to a pair of elderly Swedish immigrants when I was young and impressionable. But if that was a requirement to find it funny, the SC wouldn’t be so popular. So, ya got me. The song isn’t good except that for resembling human behavior in that it makes no sense.
The segment is funnier than the intro.

Its just, well, plain old' WTF! Tell me!
It holds an appeal for kids, being nonsense and all. I am not unlike a kid, but was also exposed to a pair of elderly Swedish immigrants when I was young and impressionable. But if that was a requirement to find it funny, the SC wouldn’t be so popular. So, ya got me. The song isn’t good except that for resembling human behavior in that it makes no sense.
The segment is funnier than the intro.
I think I'd rather watch Lydia the Tatooed Lady:

Given how ubiquitous a heavily tattooed woman is these days, this skit is somewhat of a yawner now, but I give the history lesson a (y) . And the pig-on-frog DV at the end would not fly today.

Back
Top Bottom