• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

wiccan witch vs sorcerer

tantric

Basic Beliefs
rational buddhism
in the early 90s i spent a year and a day apprenticed to a chaos witch, learning the trade. this was mostly about sex - it was a LGBTQ (say 'lugbutqah) coven. when the girls got tired of talking about 'the moon in their wombs' we'd drop x and worship pan. the main lesson was that trained minds could influe ce the course of events. shortly there after i became buddhist and realized all that craving was just more suffering and stopped practicing magic.

still, i never stopped learning. i read anthropological journals, especially about bantu magic and spirituality. learned swahili and some chinese characters, taoist magic, buddhist physic powers and healing chants, maya magic, all over the place. i know ridiculous amounts about that shit.

recently, i've had a self awakening. my archetype is the trickster. it's just what i am. i fight the powers that be with guile instead of strength and i NEVER stop. so i've put down my buddhism and swore myself to the Tricksters. and i'm seriously retraining as a sorcerer.

now sorcerers, in the african sense, are very different from web wiccan witches. we understand, innately, that knowledge is power and our trade is in secrets. my spells will NOT be on the web.w hen i make mojo bags and teach my clients to use the spells, they will go out with a curse so that if the secrets are broken, all the power of the tricksters will turn on them.

i have identified six major manifestion of the Tricksters: rabbit, raven, coyote, spider weasel and manchild. for instance, the hare of aesops fables, but so is br'er rabbit and buggs bunny. for me, coyote is Dreaming Jaguar and spider is Kwaku Ananse/Aunt Nancy. most folks thing of the manchild as hermes, but i have ziggy stardust and starchild of pfunk. it goes on

but br'er rabbit is my patron, the tails i grew up on.

now, i don't give a crap if you believe, i'm a trickster, a flimflam man, but my cons are the best cons.

When you meet a woman who worships Pan, it's not all that difficult to convince her, you are Pan.

No offence, but if you want to be a trickster then shouldn't you care if people believe your cons?

Getting people to believe you is pretty much the be all and end all of cons. If you're not getting people to believe you then you're not actually conning anybody, so it's the number one criteria by which you'd be judging your success at your venture.

If others aren't believing you then the only person you're conning is yourself. You need to either start caring very deeply about whether or not others believe you or get a new hobby.

you are missing the con within the con. i'm doing this for money, it doesn't matter if people believe if they pay. the ultimate con is that it works anyway. did you get the bit about worshipping buggs bunny? a bit before my friend was talking about his 'cold fever' and how his body is odd. i know perfectly well it's because he's a meth head - i told him about his qi and humours and how different foods affect it. i'm a briggs meyer INTJ with a 160 IQ and low latent inhibition. i almost always tell people the flat truth, with no emotion and they almost never believe it.yesterday i walked through a hospital with a weeping scalp wound, past four or five people who never noticed to a receptionist who asked, 'how are you today?' i was nonplussed, so she repeated herself. i pointed at the blood dripping down my face and even then, it took her a second.

my first project is my no popo mojo bag, cop repellent. there are lots of traditions for this. i'll take pics of cop footprints and tire marks and print them on flash paper so the honorable thieves can burn them for extra effect. my stuff will be flat cool, artistic and worth the money without the mojo

I don't think you understand how cons work. If people don't believe, they won't pay.

Now, without belief, you may be able to get money from people who want to buy some kitschy souvenirs as a novelty item, but that doesn't actually count as conning them. That counts as selling them novelty items which they want to have a bit of fun with. There's nothing wrong with doing that, of course, but it doesn't meet the definition of conning.

This is particularly true if you're selling them a quality item which is worth the money they're paying for it. That actually makes it the exact opposite of conning them. It's like saying you're a bank robber because you just deposited some money into the bank. That's just plain not what being a bank robber means.

Everyone on the internet has a 160 IQ.
I wish i had a 160 IQ. Then i could tell the difference between the tails and the tales i grew up on...
And how many Ps in 'worshiping.' And how many Gs in Bugs Bunny...

And my claims to superior intelligence wouldn't read like word salad...

If you really want to be a trickster and successful con, become a Republican politician. How many wiccans or sorcerers are there in Congress running things?

Back
Top Bottom