• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will it ever end?

I think the Washington Post has this right. This week we've seen law enforcement such as the FBI and Dept of Justice really begin to roll over, and the GOP make some real gans against the investigation. As I've been saying, they are complicit, and willing to throw democracy under the bus in their bid to hold onto power. Most of the GOP still in power really believe at least to some degree in the very same Fox News conspiracy theory type stuff that eventually got us to President Fuck A'La Orange, like the "deep state" and other assorted bullshit, and they are using their power to protect their power, and entrench themselves in. Things looked quite dark during periods of watergate too, so we will see.

Probably not.

Remember, these are the same folks who trot out the ghost of Robert Byrd on a regular basis in order to "prove" that the Democrats are the party of segregation, white supremacy, and the Klan.

Byrd has been dead for more than 7 years. He was a Klan member in the 40s, but quit sometime in the 1950s and in his later years (decades ago now) utterly rejected the racism of his youth. Yet even today there's a meme circulating with Hillary hugging Byrd in full Klan regalia.

I'm sure that a half century or more in the future, Republicans will still be railing against "Crooked Hillary."

I happen to live in a very conservative state (Missouri) so I get to hear a lot of right wing commentary on the radio when I drive in to work. And they honestly believe that Hillary just burned down her house in New York in order to get rid of all the evidence of any paperwork that might be requested during this investigation.

But personally I just dont buy into that theory. In fact I don't think Hilary did it at all. I think that Bill was probably playing around with one of the maids and smoking some weed in one of the bedrooms. Accidentally burning the place down.

CNN reports the Clinton Foundation is being looked into, again.

http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/05/politics/clinton-foundation-arkansas-probe/index.html

Later,
ElectEngr

The Clinton Foundation and Clinton herself vis-à-vis "emails" and some sort of "investigation" into Mueller

I think we are seeing a combination of Sessions trying to hold on to his job by indulging Trump's need for vindictive governmental retaliation, and Trump's continued purging of the DOJ and FBI of anyone other than "loyalists"... Trump's very own MGB

And yes, Republicans in Congress, Sessions, and all "rank and file" going along with this are complicit. Without a doubt, they are trying to hold on to their own power and don't give a damn about democracy or decency

Just let it go on indefinitely. They're never going to be satisfied unless the Clinton's are dragged out into the street and beat to death. The Poor White Base that feeds off this has never dealt with having to fit their situation within the framework of the law. The most challenging thing they've ever done is itemize deductions. They have no knowledge of accountants or lawyers and their experience with what should and should not be done. That there is a comfort level a person has in their business/financial dealings. This cannot be explained to them, of what a Donald Trump in the world might try to get away with and what a Hillary Clinton might try to get away with has many degrees of questionable activity between the two. They know H&R Block and public defenders. Beyond that, they are at the mercy of Sean Hannity.

Or, just have an unknown, high ranking source in the FBI say Benghazi just to fuck with them.

Just let it go on indefinitely. They're never going to be satisfied unless the Clinton's are dragged out into the street and beat to death. The Poor White Base that feeds off this has never dealt with having to fit their situation within the framework of the law. The most challenging thing they've ever done is itemize deductions. They have no knowledge of accountants or lawyers and their experience with what should and should not be done. That there is a comfort level a person has in their business/financial dealings. This cannot be explained to them, of what a Donald Trump in the world might try to get away with and what a Hillary Clinton might try to get away with has many degrees of questionable activity between the two. They know H&R Block and public defenders. Beyond that, they are at the mercy of Sean Hannity.

Or, just have an unknown, high ranking source in the FBI say Benghazi just to fuck with them.

The caliber of Trumpsters feeding off of this shit have never even had the experience of itemized deductions :cool:

I am sure the GOP will be trying to investigate the Clintons 20 years after they have been buried.

However, there was the appearances of possible conflict of interests with the Clinton Foundation and HRC while she was Secretary of State. Given that the Clintons have a history of shady financial deals, this investigation does not seem to me at this time to be punitive.

So, then, how about Trump Hotels -- and the fact that worldwide, there are innumerable ways to pay off Orangey?

Fuck his complete and utter disregarding for the Emoluments Clause. What about his "charitable foundation"

Sorry Laughing Dog*, but I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Years and years and years and years and years and years and years and years of investigations, and the worst the GOP has managed to come up with is that Bill Clinton lied about a blow job. I'm not saying the Clintons are perfect. No one is, plus they are a product of their position in life. But with all of the millions of dollars and millions of hours of manpower dedicated to bringing the Clintons down, if there was any kind of bombshell there someone would have found it by now.

All this is is all it ever was... swiftboating by a thousand papercuts (to mix metaphors)

* and yes, I know I quoted ideologyhunter while responding to Laughing Dog

So, then, how about Trump Hotels -- and the fact that worldwide, there are innumerable ways to pay off Orangey?

Fuck his complete and utter disregarding for the Emoluments Clause. What about his "charitable foundation"

Sorry Laughing Dog*, but I am going to have to disagree with you on this one. Years and years and years and years and years and years and years and years of investigations, and the worst the GOP has managed to come up with is that Bill Clinton lied about a blow job. I'm not saying the Clintons are perfect. No one is, plus they are a product of their position in life. But with all of the millions of dollars and millions of hours of manpower dedicated to bringing the Clintons down, if there was any kind of bombshell there someone would have found it by now.

All this is is all it ever was... swiftboating by a thousand papercuts (to mix metaphors)

* and yes, I know I quoted ideologyhunter while responding to Laughing Dog
The Clintonian record is clear. I found it interesting that everyone in the law firm involved in Whitewater did time except HRC. The Clinton's are very intelligent and careful in their financial dealings, but that does not make all of these activities moral or legal. It does not take much these days to generate the appearance of a conflict of interest (except in the case of Trump).

Do I think the Clintons deserve this scrutiny? No. Do I think they should be left alone? Yes.

However ready the GOP is to fire upon the Clintons, HRC seems to have the innate ability to give them ammunition. Whether it is the appearance of a possible conflict of interest involving donations to the Clinton Foundation or her inexcusably dumb response to the private email server or calling supporters of Trump "deplorables".

Well, compared to the sieve that is the West Wing, I've been pretty impressed with how leak-tight the investigation has been.

Back
Top Bottom