• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Will Trump Resign?

There's no reason for him to resign. Hell, there's no reason for him to not just handcuff himself to the Resolute desk--pissing and shitting in his adderall-stained Depends--forcing the US Army to physically remove him from office. All he gives a shit about are his 20% kum-guzzlers. That's the highest market share he's ever received, so he will do anything that keeps them shining that spotlight.

I can't see him resigning, but the randomness of his actions would make it no less surprising a move than anything else he's done. I mean, if there were a story tomorrow about his resigning so that he can campaign full time against the corrupt failures of the Pence Administration, it wouldn't be the weirdest thing I've read about him even in the past couple of weeks. The guy literally suggested injecting bleach.

I don’t expect a resignation, but a decision to not seek re-election is, IMO, has become more likely as his poll numbers against Biden continue to drop.

I don’t expect a resignation, but a decision to not seek re-election is, IMO, has become more likely as his poll numbers against Biden continue to drop.
But does he really equate poll numbers to his cgances?
He seems to just see it as cheering. So any bad numbers are just ne'er do wells booing, loudly, and skewing the numbers. He probably still thinks he's the favorite prez of the majority of the nation.

Keith&Co said:

I'm sorry, but I don't know what you meant when you typed cgances. I'm guessing it's a spelling error, but I'm not sure what.

He seems to just see it as cheering. So any bad numbers are just ne'er do wells booing, loudly, and skewing the numbers. He probably still thinks he's the favorite prez of the majority of the nation.

I wonder how he explains this to himself (other than screaming "LOSERS!").
A CONSERVATIVE group's ad unaffiliated with any candidate or party:

The chances of him not seeking re-election but finishing his term are exceedingly small.

His lawyers have told him that if he doesn't get a presidential pardon or another term to ride out the statute of limitations he will be prosecuted and convicted for his 2016 election mischief and it's coverup.

Trump is a thrill seeker. No other way to explain all those bankruptcies. He keeps making those mistakes. Conclusion. Trump is too stupid to resign.

Well, and he's also led a life of no consequences to any of his actions. Daddy just took care of everything and then when daddy died, daddy's money took care of everything.

It all reminds me of that scene in Sexy Beast where Ian McShane's character is at a high-end sex party and he asks the President of a Bank he's casing if the guy prefers men or women. The Banker just looks at him with a dead, bored look on his face and says, "Oh. Yes."

Trump is a thrill seeker. No other way to explain all those bankruptcies. He keeps making those mistakes. Conclusion. Trump is too stupid to resign.
Well, and he's also led a life of no consequences to any of his actions. Daddy just took care of everything and then when daddy died, daddy's money took care of everything.
And around 2000, Russian oligarchs.

Most recently, Republican politicians have been very willing to enable him, despite the misgivings of many of them about many of his actions and his personal character. Another thing that they may dislike about him is how he came out of nowhere politically and defeated several of their long-time colleagues in the primaries.

That was especially evident in the impeachment, where the Republicans voted to acquit him without hearing any testimony.

Back
Top Bottom