• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

With limited options in Democrat Party - Gabbard jumps ship

She sounds like someone who took everything she read on the 4chan seriously. I remember back in the internets youthful days it was a universal thing to just free your shoulders of the dust gathered after surfing the web. Now it's the bastion of Truth. :ROFLMAO:

I like this.

Cenk Uygur on Twitter: "As everyone is talking about what a fraud Tulsi Gabbard is, I wanted to give credit to my co-host @AnaKasparian, who was the first person in media to figure that out years ago and had the courage to say it when Tulsi was still deep into her cosplay as a progressive. #AnaWasRight" / Twitter

TG supported Bernie Sanders in 2016, but late in 2019, voted "Present" on impeaching Donald Trump. She said that he did some wrong things, but she also said that the impeachment was partisan. What did she expect?

With the exception of foreign policy, she is still in agreement with the Democratic Party. The problem is that party has been taken over by those who love war.
Those pesky Dems, invading countries left right and centre. No wonder you don't have a bad thing to say about Trump. Or the hypocrisy of someone like Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity who are against the war in Ukraine but were totally down for the invasion in Iraq.

With the exception of foreign policy, she is still in agreement with the Democratic Party. The problem is that party has been taken over by those who love war.
Those pesky Dems, invading countries left right and centre. No wonder you don't have a bad thing to say about Trump. Or the hypocrisy of someone like Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity who are against the war in Ukraine but were totally down for the invasion in Iraq.
I was against the invasion of Iraq, but you don't believe someone can hold a consistent position once the "only" two parties change their positions.

When the anti-war left disappeared completely and forever in 2009, I was still around being anti-war. Can you say anything remotely similar to that?

Libertarian: Oh you guys are so stupid! There are more than two political sides! Me so smrat!

Also Libertarians: You can only be either for war or against war! Only two choices! Context doesn't matter! Me so smrat!

Recently, some progressive Democrats wrote a letter to President Biden urging peace talks with Russia. They then very quickly withdrew that letter.
Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "This is one of the main reasons I left the Dem Party: it’s COMPLETELY controlled by an elite cabal of warmongers. Any Dem who opposes their warmongering agenda is beat into submission. Sadly, to vote Democrat is a vote for war & more war—possibly nuclear (link)" / Twitter

Back in 2020: Tulsi Gabbard ends White House bid, endorses Biden - POLITICO
Today, I’m suspending my presidential campaign and offering my full support to Vice President Joe Biden in his quest to bring our country together,” Gabbard said in a video statement posted online.

In endorsing Biden, Gabbard said that “although I may not agree with the vice president on every issue, I know that he has a good heart, and he’s motivated by his love for our country and the American people.”

“I’m confident that he will lead our country guided by the spirit of aloha, respect and compassion, and thus help heal the divisiveness that has been tearing our country apart,” she added.

Gabbard closely tied the reasons for her withdrawal from the race to the ongoing coronavirus pandemic, saying that “the best way that I can be of service at this time is to continue to work for the health and well-being of the people of Hawaii and our country in Congress, and to stand ready to serve in uniform should the Hawaii National Guard be activated.”
noting
Tulsi Gabbard 🌺 on Twitter: "Important announcement.
From Oahu, Hawaiʻi.
#StandWithTulsi (vid link)" / Twitter

But now, 'Pretty sure Joe Biden and Hitler share a mindset...': Tulsi Gabbard | World News - Hindustan Times
Speaking at a Bolduc town hall event in a town outside of Manchester on Sunday, the former Hawaii Congresswoman said that she was “pretty sure” both Biden and Hitler share a “mindset” of good intentions to justify authoritarian behaviour, according to The Daily Beast newspaper.

“I'm pretty sure they all believe they’re doing what’s best,” Gabbard said, while comparing Biden to Hitler, the Nazi leader.

“Even Hitler thought he was doing what was best for Germany, right? For the German race. In his own mind, he found a way to justify the means to meet his end. So when we have people with that mindset, well, you know we’ve got to do whatever it takes because, as President Biden said in that speech in Philadelphia, that those who supported (Donald) Trump, those who didn't vote for him are extremists and a threat to our democracy," the newspaper quoted her as saying.

“I'm pretty sure they all believe they’re doing what’s best,” Gabbard said, while comparing Biden to Hitler, the Nazi leader.

“Even Hitler thought he was doing what was best for Germany, right? For the German race. In his own mind, he found a way to justify the means to meet his end. So when we have people with that mindset, well, you know we’ve got to do whatever it takes because, as President Biden said in that speech in Philadelphia, that those who supported (Donald) Trump, those who didn't vote for him are extremists and a threat to our democracy," the newspaper quoted her as saying.

In September, during his speech at Philadelphia’s Independence Hall, Biden said that when people voted for Trump, “they weren’t voting for attacking the Capitol. They weren’t voting for overruling the election. They were voting for a philosophy he put forward.”

Last week, Gabbard announced that she is leaving the Democratic Party, denouncing it as an "elitist cabal of war-mongers."

Really. She wrote:
Who are driven by cowardly wokeness who divide us by racializing every issue and stoking anti-white racism, who actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms that are enshrined in our Constitution, who are hostile to people of faith and spirituality, who demonize the police but protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans who believe in open borders, who weaponize the national security state to go after their political opponents and above all, who are dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.
That reads a lot more like Alex Jones than anything Democratic.

I was against the invasion of Iraq, but you don't believe someone can hold a consistent position once the "only" two parties change their positions.
Holy fuck! It is 20 years past the event, but an actual position!
When the anti-war left disappeared completely and forever in 2009, I was still around being anti-war. Can you say anything remotely similar to that?
Shit, not this "I don't know what the word 'war' means" bullshit.

Only the unthinking are against all war without thinking about the causes of that war.

Jason would be anti-war if China suddenly tried to invade the US because he's always unthinkingly anti-war. Jason is fine with Russia invading another country because he's unthinkingly anti-war.

Consistency relieves you of the burden of thinking.

George Orwell said:
“Pacifism is objectively pro-fascist. This is elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, 'he that is not with me is against me'.”

Back in 2016, Tulsi Gabbard supported Bernie Sanders, because he was a fellow peacenik.

Congresswoman Tulsi Gabbard quits DNC to support Bernie Sanders | US elections 2016 | The Guardian
Representative Tulsi Gabbard resigned from her post as vice-chair of the Democratic National Committee on Sunday, in order to support Bernie Sanders in his run for the party’s presidential nomination.

Gabbard made the announcement on Sunday, appearing as a panel member on the NBC show Meet the Press.

“I think it’s most important for us, as we look at our choices as to who our next commander-in-chief will be, is to recognize the necessity to have a commander in chief who has foresight, who exercises good judgment,” she said.
She was the fourth Congressmember to endorse BS.
She elaborated on her decision, by saying it stemmed from Sanders’ cautious foreign policy.

“As a veteran and as a soldier I’ve seen first-hand the true cost of war,” she said.

“I served in a medical unit during my first deployment, where every single day I saw first hand the very high human cost of that war. I see it in my friends who now, a decade after we’ve come home, are still struggling to get out of a black hole.”

“I think it’s most important for us,” she continued, “to recognize the necessity to have a commander-in-chief who has foresight, exercises good judgment, who looks beyond the consequences, looks at the consequences of the actions they’re looking to take, before they take those actions, so we don’t continue to find ourselves in these failures that have resulted in chaos in the Middle East and so much loss of life.”
Tulsi Gabbard, Rising Democratic Star, Endorses Bernie Sanders - First Draft. Political News, Now. - The New York Times
Ms. Gabbard explained her decision in a video on YouTube in which she said that, as a military veteran, she wanted the United States to avoid “interventionist wars of regime change.”

“As a veteran of two Middle East deployments, I know first hand the cost of war,” said Ms. Gabbard, one of the first female combat veterans to serve in Congress. “I know how important it is that our commander-in-chief has the sound judgment required to know when to use America’s military power and when not to use that power.

“As a vice chair of the D.N.C., I am required to stay neutral in democratic primaries, but I cannot remain neutral any longer,” she added. “The stakes are just too high. That’s why today I’m endorsing Senator Bernie Sanders to be our next president and commander in chief of the United States.”

Tulsi Gabbard always had this feel of opportunist and not particularly liberal... or even really moderate. This limited her options as there was limited growth potential in the Democrat Party for a positionless opportunist. So she left.
Tulsi Gabbard said:
I can no longer remain in today's Democratic Party that's under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers. Who are driven by cowardly wokeness who divide us by racializing every issue and stoking anti-white racism, who actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms that are enshrined in our Constitution, who are hostile to people of faith and spirituality, who demonize the police but protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans who believe in open borders, who weaponize the national security state to go after their political opponents and above all, who are dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.
Yeah, pause midway through that second sentence to breath and continue... it is a long one. You read that statement and one ponders... gee... umm... those are all alt-right talking points. This isn't some sort of, she is heavily moderate and feels the Dems aren't working with Republicans enough. She is saying the Dems are no apparently out of control.

So, the good news is, there is room for growth in the GOP, though it could be limited. Gabbard feels like a mixture of competent politician and only occasionally slobbering at Trump anus Nicki Hailey and the Angela Lansbury character from The Manchurian Candidate. So, it'll be hard to grow too much as she does lack experience Hailey has... and she isn't quite crazy enough to be a Greene or Boehart. Maybe Gabbard could be a VP nominee.
She's not crazy at all. She's just corrupt and a likely Russian asset. She's attractive, relatively articulate and has a military background and S. Asian background. If it weren't for the first two, she'd be an asset to the Dems but she has never actually voiced Democratic principles.

I'm pretty certain that if she were male, no one would be suggesting she wasn't crazy enough or that she was crazy at all. Hell, Mike Lyndall is noted more for his drug addled ways than his insanity. But he's got a dick.

I'm pretty certain that if she were male, no one would be suggesting she wasn't crazy enough or that she was crazy at all.
I would understand the argument if someone said it. In my opinion she is as "crazy" as Andrew Yang, who has been called a loon. My first instinct however would be to call her a grifter as she is doing the same "I'm not a Republican but I will shit on the Democrats at every opportunity available" grift that people like Russel Brand, Tim Pool and libertarians always seem to be doing.

Tulsi's gender doesn't even register for me because her attitudes and opinions are so cookie cutter and generic.

Has she found out that there is no room for growth as a republican yet? They're already filled to the gills with headcases.

I'm pretty certain that if she were male, no one would be suggesting she wasn't crazy enough or that she was crazy at all.
I would understand the argument if someone said it. In my opinion she is as "crazy" as Andrew Yang, who has been called a loon. My first instinct however would be to call her a grifter as she is doing the same "I'm not a Republican but I will shit on the Democrats at every opportunity available" grift that people like Russel Brand, Tim Pool and libertarians always seem to be doing.

Tulsi's gender doesn't even register for me because her attitudes and opinions are so cookie cutter and generic.
Please refer to the bolded part in Jimmy's post, which I was responding to:
Tulsi Gabbard always had this feel of opportunist and not particularly liberal... or even really moderate. This limited her options as there was limited growth potential in the Democrat Party for a positionless opportunist. So she left.
Tulsi Gabbard said:
I can no longer remain in today's Democratic Party that's under the complete control of an elitist cabal of warmongers. Who are driven by cowardly wokeness who divide us by racializing every issue and stoking anti-white racism, who actively work to undermine our God-given freedoms that are enshrined in our Constitution, who are hostile to people of faith and spirituality, who demonize the police but protect criminals at the expense of law-abiding Americans who believe in open borders, who weaponize the national security state to go after their political opponents and above all, who are dragging us ever closer to nuclear war.
Yeah, pause midway through that second sentence to breath and continue... it is a long one. You read that statement and one ponders... gee... umm... those are all alt-right talking points. This isn't some sort of, she is heavily moderate and feels the Dems aren't working with Republicans enough. She is saying the Dems are no apparently out of control.
So, the good news is, there is room for growth in the GOP, though it could be limited. Gabbard feels like a mixture of competent politician and only occasionally slobbering at Trump anus Nicki Hailey and the Angela Lansbury character from The Manchurian Candidate. So, it'll be hard to grow too much as she does lack experience Hailey has... and she isn't quite crazy enough to be a Greene orBoebert. Maybe Gabbard could be a VP nominee.
She's not crazy at all. She's just corrupt and a likely Russian asset. She's attractive, relatively articulate and has a military background and S. Asian background. If it weren't for the first two, she'd be an asset to the Dems but she has never actually voiced Democratic principles.

I'm pretty certain that if she were male, no one would be suggesting she wasn't crazy enough or that she was crazy at all. Hell, Mike Lyndall is noted more for his drug addled ways than his insanity. But he's got a dick.

Tulsi Gabbard said:

So, the good news is, there is room for growth in the GOP, though it could be limited. Gabbard feels like a mixture of competent politician and only occasionally slobbering at Trump anus Nicki Hailey and the Angela Lansbury character from The Manchurian Candidate. So, it'll be hard to grow too much as she does lack experience Hailey has... and she isn't quite crazy enough to be a Greene or Boehart. Maybe Gabbard could be a VP nominee.
I think that Tulsi Gabbard has always seemed like an opportunist in that she’s looking to acquire power. I think her very conservative leanings are quite sincere. I can’t stop scratching my head that the Dems ever ran her under their banner

Only the unthinking are against all war without thinking about the causes of that war.

Jason would be anti-war if China suddenly tried to invade the US because he's always unthinkingly anti-war. Jason is fine with Russia invading another country because he's unthinkingly anti-war.

Consistency relieves you of the burden of thinking.

George Orwell said:
“Pacifism is objectively pro-fascist. This is elementary common sense. If you hamper the war effort of one side, you automatically help out that of the other. Nor is there any real way of remaining outside such a war as the present one. In practice, 'he that is not with me is against me'.”

So Jimmy, to defend his flip-flopping, now tries to claim I am questioning the definition of the word "war". Interesting. Yet it reveals much about where the anti-war disappeared to in January 2009. Can anyone think of something that happened in January 2009 that might cause Democrats to stop being anti-war? Anyone? I can.

Yet Zipr tries to strawman me instead. I'm not a pacifist, I'm against going out and finding monsters to destroy. On both the individual level and the national level, self defense is not offense. Just as if Zipr were to go out and punch someone, that someone would be within their rights to punch back, if China were to attack the US the US would be justified in defending the US.

Of course, self defense has nothing to do with the US activities in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia, Sudan, Libya, Syria, Ukraine, etc.

It does fit with the rather odd obsession that infects the left these days, staunch opposition to self-defense yet a fierce dedication to going out and initiating hostilities.

This post is so good that just clicking 'Like' isn't enough.

The left is against the 2nd amendment.
Thank you for throwing catnip my way. Obviously you are dead fucking wrong about this. You are either dishonest, too stupid or just plain fucking ignorant if you believe such shit. Only one President in the history of the United States of America has suggested taking away guns and worrying about due process later. Want to take a guess who? Don't bother - it's the guy you worship

Take a wild fucking gues who else is against the 2nd amendment. That's right, the person you must worship if you consider yourself conservative:

The left was against personal freedom and liberty (compared to the right)
You can fuck right off right there. The right gases protesters for photo ops. The right created "free speech zones" in the Bush era. The right excommunicates anyone who has something bad to say about Trump. Don't believe me? Ask this fuckwit who started a thread gloating about such things.

If you believe in free speech and freedom, your only chance is with the left. The right don't give two fucks
Most would agree the left is more pro open borders then the right.
Nope. Most would agree that you have to be retarded if you believe a sound immigration policy is synonymous with open borders. If that's you, I don't know what else to say.
The FBI and IRS have both been weaponized many times
The only time I can think of was denying Hillary a chance in the 2016, so you should be happy about that, right?
And yes the left does use racism to pursue their agenda.
Please educate me. Seriously, show me.
The right is also as guilty as the left with many of the above aforementioned.
Take your "both sides" argument, fold it 16 times and then shove it up your arse. I'm more than willing to go tit for tat with you for acts of left wing extremism vs right wing extremism. More people died because of Jan6 than Benghazi for starters.
That does not mean the moderates would like to see both parties do better
You worship a guy moderates despise. You don't have the first fucking clue what a moderate wants.

The left is against the 2nd amendment.
Thank you for throwing catnip my way. Obviously you are dead fucking wrong about this. You are either dishonest, too stupid or just plain fucking ignorant if you believe such shit. Only one President in the history of the United States of America has suggested taking away guns and worrying about due process later. Want to take a guess who? Don't bother - it's the guy you worship

Take a wild fucking gues who else is against the 2nd amendment. That's right, the person you must worship if you consider yourself conservative:

There, there. The Mulford Act was aimed specifically at BLACKS' guns. If you think the skin color of gun owners is irrelevant, then you are not qualified to comment on the feelings of 2nd Amendment enthusiasts. See below.
The left was against personal freedom and liberty (compared to the right)
You can fuck right off right there. The right gases protesters for photo ops. The right created "free speech zones" in the Bush era. The right excommunicates anyone who has something bad to say about Trump. Don't believe me? Ask this fuckwit who started a thread gloating about such things.

If you believe in free speech and freedom, your only chance is with the left. The right don't give two fucks

The FBI and IRS have both been weaponized many times
The only time I can think of was denying Hillary a chance in the 2016, so you should be happy about that, right?

The FBI was also weaponized throughout several decades for racist anti-black agenda. The FBI made threatening anonymous phone-calls to MLK's wife. The whole "War on Drugs" was an excuse for an anti-black agenda, as some of its instigators have recently confessed.

And yes the left does use racism to pursue their agenda.
Please educate me. Seriously, show me.
Can't you guess?

Anti-White Racism™

It's the right-wingers' stock response.

The U.S. has become so inhospitable for whites that many whites have taken to dyeing their skin and curling their hair for better job opportunities.

Billionaires are also an oppressed class. They have been so devastated by taxes passed under Clinton or Obama that many billionaires are reduced to begging for quarters on street corners.

The U.S. has become so inhospitable for whites that many whites have taken to dyeing their skin and curling their hair for better job opportunities.

Some white and other people in America and Australia race-fake their ancestry to a group--usually indigenous--that they believe will bring them clout and government and institutional benefits.

Back
Top Bottom