• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Wokeness Poisons Everything

I haven't seen that definition in any of the articles on 'wokeness' or 'The Woke' I've read.

Anyway, I'd like to hear what Trausti's definition is, and I'd like to discuss the 'wokeness' in the OP video.

Really? You've never heard the Woke claim only white people can be racist?
"the woke"?? why don't you answer Arctish and define woke and wokeness then see if that sentiment is appropriate to be labeled woke.

I'm pretty sure that Metaphor would say that I am "woke".

But also contradictory to his claim here is that I recognize that anyone of any race can be racist against anyone of any race. Including their own.

Black people can behave in racist ways with respect to themselves and others.

The stereotypical example being "black person plays loud music, white person asks them to turn it down, black person accuses white person of being racist for telling them to turn it down." The actual racist here is the black person who is implicitly suggesting that being an asshole is racial.

And then the second... The Black Israelites, black people who preach hating white people.

I have a feeling this has something to do with the LA Sheriff's department. The Sheriff Alex Villanueva seems that he doesn't like oversight and his department is becoming more and more reviled by the LA county citizenry.

Has LA Sheriff Alex Villanueva Acted Unlawfully? A New Report Says, Yes. He Has. A Bunch Of Times, Actually

On Monday, the Office of the Inspector General released a 17-page report on “Unlawful Conduct” of the Los Angeles Sheriff’s Department, most specifically the LA County Sheriff.

The report was requested by the Civilian Oversight Commission or COC.

As its name suggests, the COC is charged with providing “ongoing review, analysis and oversight” of the nation’s largest sheriff’s agency, its practices and procedures, while also building bridges between the department and the public. To help the COC with these tasks, in January of 2020, the LA County board of supervisors voted to supply subpoena power to the group, via the Office of the Inspector General.

The concept was further ratified by LA voters on March 3, 2020, when the county passed Measure R, a grassroots-led ballot measure that gave teeth to civilian oversight of the LASD by, once again, authorizing the COC to have subpoena power.

Then, in case the matter wasn’t clear enough, in September of this year, Governor Gavin Newsom signed into law AB 1185, which codifies the state’s counties’ ability to establish oversight bodies for their sheriff’s departments, and grant them subpoena authority — which LA County had (obviously) already done months earlier.

In LA, however, here has been one problem. Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva, doesn’t like oversight, which is part of why the COC asked for the OIG’s new evaluation of unlawful behavior.

More specifically, according to the report, Sheriff Villanueva believes that, as an elected sheriff, his “power comes from the state Constitution” and therefore cannot be limited by “charter, statute, or ordinance.”

The first of those three rulings pertains to Sheriff Villanueva’s contention that he could rehire former Deputy Karen (Carl) Mandoyan. Finally, after a string of legal battles, on September 28 of this year, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mitchell Beckloff ruled in a 17-page decision that Villanueva’s attempt to reinstate former deputy Caren Carl Mandoyan was unlawful. Period. Full stop.

In a second ruling, a different court vacated Sheriff Villanueva’s order that forbade the LA County Medical Examiner/Coroner from releasing his autopsy report on the fatal shooting by a deputy.**

The judge who vacated the sheriff’s order wrote that the sheriff’s decision to file this order in secret without consulting the coroner or county council was “a shock to the conscience.”

The third ruling is, in some ways, the most interesting. On November 20, 2020, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Holly Fujie ruled that Villanueva must appear at a hearing early next year on January 21, 2021, to explain why he should not be held in contempt for defying a subpoena requiring him to show up at the COC to talk about the coronavirus problem in the jails, and other topics. According to Judge Fujie, Villanueva disobeyed the subpoena even though state law and county codes are clear that the oversight commission had the authority to issue it, and the subpoena required his attendance.

In addition to the three rulings, the report catalogues an impressive number of other examples of the ways that the sheriff has “behaved unlawfully.”

For instance, the sheriff often fails to release the names of deputies who are involved in shootings, although state law and a California Supreme Court ruling have each stipulated that, absent a specific threat to a deputy or officer, the names must be released, based on the California Public Records Act.

FBI Investigating Alleged Secret Society of Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputies
The probe follows allegations of beatings and harassment by members of the Banditos, who brand themselves with matching tattoos of a skeleton outfitted in a sombrero, bandoleer and pistol.

FBI agents are examining deputy cliques that exist within the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department, including the "Bandito" group at the East LA station, federal and local law enforcement sources confirmed Thursday.

The scope of the investigation is not clear.

It could be narrowly focused at East LA, or it could be looking at the broader issue of whether secret deputy groups like the Banditos are tied to systemic civil rights violations across the department.

Another group that calls itself "the Reapers" recently was mentioned in an Inspector General's report on the rehiring scandal of former deputy Caren "Carl" Mandoyan, who claimed membership in the group as a way to amplify an alleged threat of violence.

Many members of the Reapers displayed tattoos of the grim reaper.

The FBI declined to comment late Thursday.

Several lawsuits have described the Banditos as an outlaw group that exercised control over the management of the East LA station, even though its alleged members ranked as deputies and sergeants, not the lieutenants and captains who are supposed to be in charge.

Here it is. The buzzwords. The privileged victimization. The anti-police insults. The inevitable result of CRT indoctrination. And she's a teacher.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60_jn0vgzX0[/YOUTUBE]

I can remember a time this video could have used as comedy. And even during present times, this is so off the top, I find myself laughing.

Trausti seems disinclined to provide a definition, so I'm just going to ask everyone reading this thread what they mean by 'woke' and 'wokeness'.

Oxford Languages has this:

woke
/wōk/

verb
past of wake1.
adjectiveINFORMAL•US
alert to injustice in society, especially racism.
"we need to stay angry, and stay woke"

Dictionary.com defines it as:

woke
verb
a simple past tense of wake1.
adjective, Slang.(often used in the phrase stay woke)
having or marked by an active awareness of systemic injustices and prejudices, especially those related to civil and human rights:
In light of incidents of police brutality, it’s important to stay woke.
He took one African American history class and now he thinks he’s woke.
We're trying to make woke choices in life.
aware of the facts, true situation, etc. (sometimes used facetiously):
The moon landing was staged. Stay woke!
A tomato is a fruit and not a vegetable. Stay woke.
awake:
I had to drink lots of coffee this morning to stay woke.

Earlier in this thread I wrote that most of the definitions I've seen talk about awareness of, and sensitivity to, matters of race, social justice, police interactions with civilians, and current events. That's what I mean when I use the term, which I almost never do. So, what do you all mean when you talk about 'the woke' and 'wokeness'?

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg[/YOUTUBE]

Which one of those guys is you, Trausti?

I need to know so I can transcribe your words and post your definition so we can discuss it.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev373c7wSRg[/YOUTUBE]

Which one of those guys is you, Trausti?

tenor.gif

There will never be a traffic stop freakout that will top this middle aged white guy in Maine in 1992.

But I have a feeling it may be fake... If so still funny.

Apparently the woman has since filed a harassment complaint against the sheriffs. I think there may be something not quite right about this woman.

Hmm... maffia organisations are often based around families. They often complain a lot about being harassed by the police, and have the money to hire lawyers to cause a stink.

I'm not saying this is what this is about. But it's certainly what it looks like.

Back
Top Bottom