• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Women putting herb balls in vagina to 'detox their wombs' have been warned of dangers

GenesisNemesis

I am a proud hedonist.
Basic Beliefs
Secular Humanist, Scientific Skepticism, Strong Atheism
Women are being warned about the dangers of a “womb detox” product after health experts said it could cause irritation and even toxic shock syndrome.

US firm called Embrace Pangaea is selling “Herbal Womb Detox Pearls” online, claiming the products "aids to correct" conditions such as endometriosis, ovarian cysts and thrush.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...mbs-have-been-warned-of-dangers-a6814671.html

So, would you put herb balls in your vagina? Why or why not? Seems like a tempting idea, to me.

Any use of the word "detox" by anyone other than a physician in a hospital should be regarded with extreme skepticism.

However, let's not forget the ugly cultural notions driving this particular bit of nonsense. Because of our Christian roots, society goes out of its way to tell women they are ugly, disgusting, and filthy there. It tells women that their hootchies are smelly, taste bad, etc., all just to make them feel horrible about having sex organs and wanting to use them. Because sex is horrible and awful and you should feel horrible about liking it.

Some women are even self-conscious about receiving oral sex because of this idiocy.

It's not just this stupid "herb detox" thing. There are lots of stupid things women do with their vaginas in order to "not feel dirty," such as douching which can muck up the pH balance (a big part of the anti-microbial defense of a vagina) and muck up the "vaginal flora" (good bacteria) that help keep more undesirable microbes at bay.

http://www.webmd.com/women/guide/vaginal-douching-helpful-or-harmful

Notice that the only positive aspect of douching is that it makes women "feel clean." In other words, they are doing it to counteract the negative feelings they get from the "your hootchie is icky" nonsense from society. There is no valid scientific reason to do it, just a cultural one, while there are plenty of scientific studies showing that it is an incredibly bad idea.

Worse is soap. Vaginal fluid is slightly acidic for a reason, and most soaps are basic.

Oh, and for some stupid reason, most heterosexual women are convinced that their own labia are ugly. No fucking idea what that is about, but I have learned that nothing I say to women will change this attitude they have. I'm convinced that this general "your hootchie is icky" concept pushed by society is somehow responsible.

I wonder how much overlap there is between 'women who put herb-ball up their vaginas' and 'women who pump coffee up their bums'.

Now, I am no expert on the female anatomy, but wouldn't these things be rather uncomfortable?
womb-detox.JPG

No, it's doubtful that would be felt unless it was badly positioned or contained something that stings.

Back
Top Bottom