• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Women Voters Do Not Like Trump

Cheerful Charlie

Contributor
Basic Beliefs
Strong Atheist
https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/469922-trump-approval-among-women-hits-lowest-point-more-year-poll

President Trump’s approval rating with women has sunk to its lowest point in more than a year, according to a Hill-HarrisX poll released on Monday.
The new nationwide survey found that just 37 percent of women said they approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 63 percent said they disapprove.

The new approval rating among female respondents is down from 44 percent in July of 2018.
Overall, Trump's approval rating dropped one percentage point over that same period to 47 percent.
Women, especially suburban women, are considered a crucial voting bloc ahead of the 2020 elections.

------

It is sobering to remember that in 2018, women made up 52% of all voters and men only 48%. That amounted to 9 million more votes from women than men. Most surveys show men are about divided on Trump, thanks to the influx of Millennials and generation X voters who do not like the GOP or Trump. I strongly suspect this gaping gender gap will decide the 2020 elections.

And if so, women will sit in the political catbird seat. Any future GOP party or presidential candidate will have to cater to these angry women. Not the lout tea party crazies.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/469922-trump-approval-among-women-hits-lowest-point-more-year-poll

President Trump’s approval rating with women has sunk to its lowest point in more than a year, according to a Hill-HarrisX poll released on Monday.
The new nationwide survey found that just 37 percent of women said they approve of the job Trump is doing as president, while 63 percent said they disapprove.

The new approval rating among female respondents is down from 44 percent in July of 2018.
Overall, Trump's approval rating dropped one percentage point over that same period to 47 percent.
Women, especially suburban women, are considered a crucial voting bloc ahead of the 2020 elections.

------

It is sobering to remember that in 2018, women made up 52% of all voters and men only 48%. That amounted to 9 million more votes from women than men. Most surveys show men are about divided on Trump, thanks to the influx of Millennials and generation X voters who do not like the GOP or Trump. I strongly suspect this gaping gender gap will decide the 2020 elections.

And if so, women will sit in the political catbird seat. Any future GOP party or presidential candidate will have to cater to these angry women. Not the lout tea party crazies.

But, can you break it down into individual states, specifically, the swing states that gave Trump the election in 2016?

------

But, can you break it down into individual states, specifically, the swing states that gave Trump the election in 2016?

Yes, that would be helpful.

It is sobering to remember that in 2018, women made up 52% of all voters and men only 48%.

It is even more sobering to remember that it doesn't matter. Popular vote is anything but decisive; if the margin is 7% in favor of Democrats, it indicates an electoral tie. Anything less than that favors Republicans. And since gerrymandering is, thanks to the Great and Unqualed Wisdom of the Kavanaugh Kangaroo Court*, left to the very States that are already gerrymandered to death, the 7% number is only likely to rise.

* Disclaimer - I actually agree with SCOTUS about how it SHOULD be, but wish they'd have ordered an objectively fair nationwide re-districting map to make the States' decisions fair from the outset.

It doesn't matter if women don't like Trump. All that matters is will the women vote for the Democrat nominee.

I prefer national trends to regional behavior. Polls suggest women vote 15% more democratic than they vote republican nationally.

Men And Women Aren't Equal — Not Yet. Except In The Voting Booth
https://www.wbur.org/cognoscenti/2018/11/06/imagine-a-world-where-more-women-voted-tina-cassidy

There is a significant gender gap in the electorate, 54 percent of which is comprised of women. A recent Quinnipiac poll found that 58 percent of women will vote Democratic in the midterms, compared with 50 percent of men; other polls show a gender gap almost twice as wide, with women favoring Democrats 15 percentage points more than men.

Indeed. It hardly feels worth going out and voting at all when a California vote has such ludicrously less meaning than a Midwesterner's, though of course I will.

As for women, I don't usually fancy "identity politics" et al., But I could easily imagine, as a woman, giving my vote to literally any female candidate in this particular election. We have an openly unrepentant child molester in the White House, who put a probable rapist on the Supreme Court. It may indeed be the time of consciousness of kind to guide one's thinking.

Indeed. It hardly feels worth going out and voting at all when a California vote has such ludicrously less meaning than a Midwesterner's, though of course I will.

As for women, I don't usually fancy "identity politics" et al., But I could easily imagine, as a woman, giving my vote to literally any female candidate in this particular election. We have an openly unrepentant child molester in the White House, who put a probable rapist on the Supreme Court. It may indeed be the time of consciousness of kind to guide one's thinking.

Thank you for your determination to vote despite the forces working to render your vote meaningless. At the very least, the popular vote number will, at the end of the (probably rueful) day, be a powerful indicator of the need for changing the system.

I had run across an article that showed a survey demonstrating in three swing states, women went from a small approval of Trump to a deep disapproval of Trump. I cannot find that again.

The closest I can find is a NBC/Marist Poll reported by MSNBC.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/first-read/polls-trump-approval-sags-trio-midwest-states-n894556
In Michigan, just 28 percent believe he deserves re-election, while 62 percent say it’s time to give another person a chance.
In Minnesota, 30 percent of voters say Trump deserves re-election, versus 60 percent who disagree.

And in Wisconsin, 31 percent say the president should be re-elected, and 63 percent say he shouldn’t.

Several national polls show a deepening gender gap. Here in these swing states, especially Wisconsin and Michigan, states Trump flipped, he seems here to be in serious trouble as far as re-election. And the gender gap obviously is playing a large part of this.

It doesn't matter if women don't like Trump. All that matters is will the women vote for the Democrat nominee.

This, especially in swing states. How people vote matters, how they feel, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom