• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

World laughs at Trump as he opens his UN speech with bragging

...he's got to be itching to tweet something about it.
Fox edited out the laughter.
Has anyone else TOLD FFvC that he was laughed AT?
Personally, I don't think the Dotard is that dense.
It isn't about density, it is about narcissism. This type of person is incapable of seeing outside themselves.
Secondly, FFvC clearly watches other news sources, so it would be next to impossible to miss after the fact.
You mean "the fake news"?

My question is: did FFvC think he could give a campaign speech at the UN and the diplomats/leaders would just sit there and stay polite for his inane BS; or is he delusional enough to think they would not find it laughable? I guess secondly, I wonder if he understood that he was being laughed at in the moment and just papered it over as best he could. Personally, I suspect he got it and managed to control his reaction...
His reaction was unique, almost moment of clarity. He heard the laughing, but he seemed perhaps more confused than understanding what the laughter meant. And in a few moments, obfuscation would over rule the laughter as the UN doesn't want a strong US, so they are biased, I am great. HOOWAH!

My impression was that the initial laughter was spontaneous. They were laughing at the absurdity of what they were hearing when the UN translators informed them of what he was saying. They all knew of his aberrations, but it is one thing to hear of such behavior and another to actually experience it. Then Trump paused and said he wasn't expecting that response, whereupon they applauded and laughed along with him. The applause may have been triggered by the feeling that they needed to make him feel more comfortable. However, they did not treat him well afterwards, and he left the meeting early that he was supposed to be chairing.

Personally, I don't think the Dotard is that dense.
It isn't about density, it is about narcissism. This type of person is incapable of seeing outside themselves.
I deal with 2 people in my extended family who exhibit most of the standard indicators of what professionals say defines a narcissist. Neither are incapable of noticing when someone calls them a liar or fool. But they do get angry, try to redirect the issue/point, or try some BS shift of intent. And when you do something like that, you end up on their shit list. Again, I find it hard to believe that FFvC, at a minimum, failed to notice the news headlines about the UN laughing at him.

Secondly, FFvC clearly watches other news sources, so it would be next to impossible to miss after the fact.
You mean "the fake news"?
Yes, Don the Con has made it pretty clear that he also watches fake news sources.

My question is: did FFvC think he could give a campaign speech at the UN and the diplomats/leaders would just sit there and stay polite for his inane BS; or is he delusional enough to think they would not find it laughable? I guess secondly, I wonder if he understood that he was being laughed at in the moment and just papered it over as best he could. Personally, I suspect he got it and managed to control his reaction...
His reaction was unique, almost moment of clarity. He heard the laughing, but he seemed perhaps more confused than understanding what the laughter meant. And in a few moments, obfuscation would over rule the laughter as the UN doesn't want a strong US, so they are biased, I am great. HOOWAH!
Possibly...

My impression was that the initial laughter was spontaneous. They were laughing at the absurdity of what they were hearing when the UN translators informed them of what he was saying. They all knew of his aberrations, but it is one thing to hear of such behavior and another to actually experience it. Then Trump paused and said he wasn't expecting that response, whereupon they applauded and laughed along with him. The applause may have been triggered by the feeling that they needed to make him feel more comfortable. However, they did not treat him well afterwards, and he left the meeting early that he was supposed to be chairing.

Agreed. It was very clear they were laughing at him, not with him.

Back
Top Bottom