• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Would-be Race War Instigators Arrested By FBI

It must be really annoying when you try to start a war and nobody shows up.

I think the race war will be averted when football players make it clear they won't play if it does happen.

Why do white supremacists always have this weird idea about starting a "race war". I don't think they think these things through very well.

Racists imagine they will necessarily win the race war, because they are better.

Why do white supremacists always have this weird idea about starting a "race war". I don't think they think these things through very well.

Well if you read the plans of the three who were arrested, thinking things through is not high on their priority list.

There is the possibility that the FBI investigates and arrests more white supremacists than black supremacies because there are more white supremacies in the country. There are more whites than blacks in the country, six to seven times more.

This is a real possibility that Derec might not have thought of.

Derec,

Do you have anything to say about the actual topic of the OP?

the OP* was basically "here's an article about some guys". So, I guess the only response can be, "ok, thanks"?

* completely off topic, but I always took "OP" to mean "Original Post", not "Original Poster"... which is to say, that is what it used to mean.. back in the day before "literally" meant "figuratively", for example.

Perhaps the poster can, you know, start a discussion so we can know what is on topic and what is not?

Federal agents have busted a plot by three racists who intended to bomb black churches in order to begin a race war.

CNN picked it up too.

(CNN)Two Virginia men have been arrested on accusations of being white supremacists plotting to bomb black churches and synagogues as part of a race and hate war, federal authorities said Tuesday.

Robert Curtis Doyle and Ronald Beasley Chaney III were arrested Sunday as part of an undercover FBI operation in which an agent posed as an illegal arms dealer selling weapons and explosives to the two Virginia men, the FBI said in documents filed in federal court in Virginia.

Doyle and Chaney wanted to rob businessmen, such as a jeweler and a gun store owner, to prepare for a so-called race war, according to a law enforcement official.

The men wanted to use the proceeds to stockpile weapons and begin paramilitary training, the official said. They allegedly planned on bombing or shooting members of black churches and Jewish synagogues, but the official said: "They were a long way from actually pulling off an attack."

A third man, Charles Daniel Halderman, was also arrested on accusations that he was going to help Doyle and Chaney in robbing and killing a silver-jewelry dealer as part of their extremist beliefs, according to a criminal complaint filed in federal court.

Attorneys for the three men couldn't be immediately reached for comment late Tuesday.

The FBI received information in September that Doyle was going to hold a meeting at his Chesterfield County home with other people "to discuss acting out in furtherance of their extremist beliefs by shooting or bombing the occupants of black churches and Jewish synagogues, conducting acts of violence against persons of the Jewish faith and doing harm to a gun store owner in the state of Oklahoma," court papers said. Chesterfield County is southwest of downtown Richmond.

FBI surveillance confirmed that a gathering of people occurred September 27 at Doyle's home and that Chaney's vehicle was present, court papers said.

Later, Doyle and Chaney allegedly met with the undercover FBI agent in late October, the FBI said in court documents.

At that October meeting, Doyle joined the undercover FBI agent in a separate vehicle where Doyle allegedly looked at silencers and placed an order for automatic weapons, explosives and a pistol with a silencer, to be delivered and purchased on November 8, which was last Sunday, court papers said.

It was at the Sunday meeting that the FBI arrested Chaney after he allegedly exchanged an disclosed amount of money for two firearms, silencers and explosives. Doyle was arrested later in the day, court documents said.

The FBI also found 30 rounds of .45 caliber ammunition from a black backpack in the rear seat of a Doyle's Toyota Tundra at his home, court papers said. One of the firearms allegedly ordered by Doyle was a .45 caliber pistol with a silence, authorities said in documents.

Doyle and Chaney are scheduled to appear in federal court in Richmond on Thursday, and Halderman is scheduled for Friday, according to court records.

Doyle, a previously convicted felon, has seven felon convictions including for offenses such as possession and distribution of a controlled substances, embezzlement, and grand larceny, court papers said.

Chaney has also been convicted of violent and other felonies, court documents said.

Halderman also has 17 felony convictions, the FBI said in court papers, without specifying the nature of the crimes.

My gut reaction is that this might be another one of those "sting" operations where the Feds come up with the idea, the target, inspire the potential terrorists, egg them on, offer to help them get weapons and explosives, and then arrest them as "home grown terrorists." But then white supremacist terrorism has never needed that much of a push in America; it's more likely the Feds only caught on because these three were DRASTICALLY overthinking what they were trying to do (race war and all that), hoping to do the Dylan Roof thing on a much larger scale.

White supremacists assume that a large number of white people (possibly "most" but it depends on the person) are secretly racist against black people and pretend not to be; they assume that having to suppress their race hatred and keep it under wraps is a form of soft oppression by a fascist pro-black state that has sold out their birthright (white supremacy). They consider white supremacists to be a silent majority in America that is just waiting for someone to throw down the gauntlet, break down the self-imposed barriers of "civility" that allow the few to oppress the many and impose a social order that no one wants.

Basically: the idea of starting a "race war" is to create a new social climate where racists are no longer afraid to speak their minds, where the "oppressed" white people who correctly affirm their own cultural/moral/spiritual superiority over blacks no longer have to act submissive and deferential to the likes of Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and the NAACP and god knows who else. They want to create a conflict where white people don't have to pretend to be equal -- or even inferior -- to black people for fear of being shouted down and marginalized by a society that has become obsessed with a destructive fairytale of racial equality.

Because the races are NOT equal. All white people secretly know it. And the "race war" is that dreamed-off social upheaval where they finally get to step up and do something about it.

Which brings me, inevitably, to this:

Was he also trying to start a race war I wonder ...
No, of course not. But blacks kill twice as many whites than whites kill blacks, according to FBI crime data. Yet the media and people on here are disproportionally obsessed with white-on-black crime. Now, why is that?
King Noble appears to be parody or at most a blowhard.
The other guy was mentally unstable.
Interesting how you downplay and excuse all instances of black supremacy and black racism.

After your first response, I actually wrote short paragraph deconstructing your implied point, pointing out all the ways the circumstances in those two cases are different, pointing out how this latter case has nothing to do with the OP and is therefore a red herring, and pointing out how deeply offensive it is to enter into a thread about racially motivated terrorism SOLELY for the purpose of casting aspersions on the victims.

But then I read the others, and I realized what kind of person you would have to be in order to post shit like this in a thread like this. And I realized you are not a person that I want to know, nor ever even talk to, nor communicate with in any way shape or form.

I don't get to ignore racists in my day to day life, and so it is with great pleasure that I resolve to ignore YOU.

Derec,

Do you have anything to say about the actual topic of the OP?

the OP* was basically "here's an article about some guys". So, I guess the only response can be, "ok, thanks"?

* completely off topic, but I always took "OP" to mean "Original Post", not "Original Poster"... which is to say, that is what it used to mean.. back in the day before "literally" meant "figuratively", for example.

Perhaps the poster can, you know, start a discussion so we can know what is on topic and what is not?
Well, you could call a spade a spade and comment on whether these people were acting like wild monkeys. Oh right, no you wouldn't.

Nah, they were trying to start a SES war.

SES has nothing to do with this, given these guys are likely poor themselves.

I realize you know that. You've made this kind of irrelevant comment in other threads. It seems to be some passive aggressive way to mock and discount SES as an account for differential outcomes or treatment, in an aim to attribute the differential to racism. Amusingly, you don't seem to have a problem embracing those very same SES accounts for differences that you don't want to have anything to do with race, such as differences in educational achievement, cognitive skills, or the very objective fact that blacks are not merely arrested more but commit more violent crimes as supported by every available measure, including reports by blacks who've been victimized by such crimes.

If you're going to blindly disregard the mountain of science showing the causal relevance of the economic factors captured by SES, you should at least be consistent about it. But then logically inconsistency is the hobgoblin of faith and the minds that rely on it.

Well, you could call a spade a spade and comment on whether these people were acting like wild monkeys. Oh right, no you wouldn't.

If they were, then I guess they were.. I don't know anything about this case. My wild monkey comment was about something that was captured on film that I was able to see for myself and evaluate accordingly.

Nah, they were trying to start a SES war.

SES has nothing to do with this, given these guys are likely poor themselves....blah blah blah....
In other words, SES might have something to do with it, especially since SES encompasses more than income factors. I realize you know that. Your response seems to a some sort of kneejerk defense of the "anything but racism" MO. Ironically, you don't seem to have a problem blindly applying the SES meme when there is no foundation for it. Of course, logical inconsistency is the hobgoblin of faith and ignorance and the minds that rely on it.

SES has nothing to do with this, given these guys are likely poor themselves....blah blah blah....
In other words, SES might have something to do with it, especially since SES encompasses more than income factors.

No, SES doesn't have anything to do with it. These men were explicitly targeting black churches, not churches of people with a different SES level than themselves. In fact, the church members they were targeting probably are closer to the SES level of the suspects than most possible targets they could have chosen that were predominately white. Thus, ruling out SES as a factor in their selection of target.

I realize you know that. Your response seems to a some sort of kneejerk defense of the "anything but racism" MO. Ironically, you don't seem to have a problem blindly applying the SES meme when there is no foundation for it. Of course, logical inconsistency is the hobgoblin of faith and ignorance and the minds that rely on it.

If you aren't going to bother to put any thought into your posts, then at least don't dishonestly steal other people's ideas and attribute them to yourself.

They think a race war is inevitable. The sooner they can start it, the less prepared the blacks will be.
Plus, one it starts, the liberals will finally understand the real threat and stop being liberals.

Back
Top Bottom