• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Would this lady has been shot in the US?

Au update -

The young lady who pushed the policeman on Melbourne Cup Day has been charged with assault of a police officer, resisting arrest and public drunkenness

Are they going to charge her with being "hot" and drunk at the same time. I pointed out she seemed surprised the cop was so easily toppled. Could it be that he had tippled? Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't see anything very serious going on. There were no closed fists...she pushed the larger person with her open hands. True was non consensual contact, and that can always be regarded as assault, but really there is a reason to ignore this and for that cop to be a little more steady on his feet in an environment where crowd control may be needed.

True was non consensual contact, and that can always be regarded as assault, but really there is a reason to ignore this and for that cop to be a little more steady on his feet in an environment where crowd control may be needed.
No, there is no reason to ignore her assault. Stop blaming the victim.

In Australia we have heard lately of a seemingly large number of shootings by police. In the Melbourne Cup race meeting on 3/11 see what this lady did to a policeman.
http://www.news.com.au/video/id-g2dzBteDqAGt64NyfJKOyt-M4G8wFLRZ/Woman-pushes-cop-over
What would the 2 police who came to her have done? Shot, tasered her?

(I do hope they would not have)

Tasered, possibly. Having the living shit beaten out of her, definitely. Followed by multiple felony charges including assault of an officer, aggravated battery, aggravated assault, assault with a deadly weapon, obstruction of justice, contributing to a public nuisance, felony sexual assault (because she groped his penis when he fell over), resisting arrest, failure to obey a police officer, and jaywalking. She would, of course, plead guilty to all of these charges after her public defender advises her that no jury will acquit her if the cops say she's guilty and fighting the charges will only lead to a longer sentence.

Notice how he kept his phone conversation going after he landed in the flower bed, obviously really frightened by the whole ordeal.

Au update -

The young lady who pushed the policeman on Melbourne Cup Day has been charged with assault of a police officer, resisting arrest and public drunkenness

Are they going to charge her with being "hot" and drunk at the same time. I pointed out she seemed surprised the cop was so easily toppled. Could it be that he had tippled? Pardon my ignorance, but I didn't see anything very serious going on. There were no closed fists...she pushed the larger person with her open hands. True was non consensual contact, and that can always be regarded as assault, but really there is a reason to ignore this and for that cop to be a little more steady on his feet in an environment where crowd control may be needed.

Do we decide whether or not to file charges based on attractiveness, gender or size of the victims or perpetrators? What if its a young punk pushing some elderly lady to the ground? Sounds like you're saying maybe the old lady should have steadied herself with her cane. People can die hitting their head on a rock or pavement after being pushed.

By your logic, sounds like we should let drunk drivers off the hook "cause they didn't hurt anyone". :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom