• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Would this ultimately increase world peace?

ryan

Veteran Member
Basic Beliefs
a little of everything
Imagine tomorrow they find an easy and safe way to genetically change your skin color and slightly change your hair and facial features. The skin color changes to, let's say, a cool looking metallic grey color, and your hair and facial features change just enough so that nobody could tell what race you were before your change. And just as an added bonus, let's say everyone who chooses to swallow the pill will be a little more attractive (symmetrically or whatever activeness means).

Two questions:

Would this ultimately increase world and civil peace?

If it would raise world/civil peace, would you do it?

Race is a very, very minor contributor to civil and international disputes. Nationalism, politics, resources, control of commerce, religion, etc. are the major factors causing international disputes. Political positions, sports team support, alcohol, control of drug turf, etc. are the major factors of civil disorder.

;) .. at least that is what I see.

Race is a very, very minor contributor to civil and international disputes. Nationalism, politics, resources, control of commerce, religion, etc. are the major factors causing international disputes. Political positions, sports team support, alcohol, control of drug turf, etc. are the major factors of civil disorder.

Yeah nationalism is a biggie.

Yeah nationalism is a biggie.

Nationalism is racism political style. Its actually just difference finding for advantage. Living things do this sooo well.

For those not introduced difference drive is a speciation mechanism. Their beak is different for niche exploitation and mating definition.

And patriotism is nationalism lite. We need to consciously reject our Pleistocene tribalism.

Face painting to unite! like this?

a1.jpg

I remember when Yugoslavia fell apart I looked up pictures of people from the different ethnic groups fighting and you'd never tell, judging from looks, that they were from different groups. There will always be troublemakers and they will use whatever means available to stir up mess to get a following.

I remember when Yugoslavia fell apart I looked up pictures of people from the different ethnic groups fighting and you'd never tell, judging from looks, that they were from different groups. There will always be troublemakers and they will use whatever means available to stir up mess to get a following.

The Yugoslav conflict is easy to understand. The only difference between the three combatants is that Serbs are Orthodox Christian; The Croats are Roman Catholic; and the Bosnians are Muslims.

But they are in Europe, so nobody cares about religion.

So the conflict was between the people who don't bother going to the Orthadox Church on Sunday, the people who don't bother going to the Catholic Church on Sunday, and the people who don't bother going to the Mosque on Friday. All of whom despise the others for ignoring the wrong religion.

Clearly that's sufficient grounds for genocide.

Back
Top Bottom