• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WTF is Obama's thinking here

Yeah, we hate North Korea, not South Korea. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the title of the article answers your question.

NK has been saber rattling.

When you speak softly and carry a big stick, sometimes you need to need to be seen carrying that big stick when belligerents start speaking loudly.

Related but doesn't directly answer the question.

Preventing nuclear war with north korea:

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/arti...-09-11/preventing-nuclear-war-north-korea?amp

The points are essentially demonstrate a strong conventional force, a credible committment to respond with that force to any acts of violence (even minor incidents), move away from threatening and demonstrating nuclear capabilities, and don't build up troops in the region too much so as not to threaten regime change. NKs biggest fears are an invasion to implement regime change and that nukes would be used against it.

North Korea's biggest fear is it's own people.
I'm pretty certain that isn't the case. China has more to fear about their own population than North Korea, by a long shot. North Korea's worst enemy is their own leadership and whomever is actually in charge.

I forget if someone posted here about an article indicating Iraq and Libya were additional reasons why North Korea keep pressing for the bomb. It was a good read.

North Korea's biggest fear is it's own people.
I'm pretty certain that isn't the case. China has more to fear about their own population than North Korea, by a long shot. North Korea's worst enemy is their own leadership and whomever is actually in charge.

I forget if someone posted here about an article indicating Iraq and Libya were additional reasons why North Korea keep pressing for the bomb. It was a good read.

I think if we just look at a little history we can say the NK government has a lot to fear from it's own people.

South Korea is still technically at war with North Korea, we are their ally.

I think if we just look at a little history we can say the NK government has a lot to fear from it's own people.
Well, the resistance is taking their time it seems. Their military is too big. A revolution would be seemingly impossible.

Well, the resistance is taking their time it seems. Their military is too big. A revolution would be seemingly impossible.

I think we can agree it isn't happening in the near future, but history is not on the side of NK dictators.

US B-1 bombers fly over South Korea in show of force

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/12/politics/us-air-force-bombers-korea/

I heard the B-1 bomber was blasting out the "America...Fuck Yeah!" song from the Team America, World Police movie during its flyover.

Seriously, this is just a couple of world leaders engaged in a little dick swinging contest. Kinda embarrassing, really. You'd of thought as a species we would have got past these playground antics by now.

If there were to be a revolution, it would be a military coup. Whether this would lead to any real change is difficult to project, but at this point in world history, North Korean high military commanders are in more danger than than the private soldiers they command.

If there were to be a revolution, it would be a military coup. Whether this would lead to any real change is difficult to project, but at this point in world history, North Korean high military commanders are in more danger than than the private soldiers they command.
Isn't getting executed with a howitzer the current North Korean regime's method of disposing of their generals?

I'd say it is the administration's way of saying to NK "oh, you've gone and tested a nuclear weapon? That's adorable! Here's a bomber we built when your leader was a toddler and is more advanced than anything you have...does it have a nuke on it? Who knows? Have a nice day."

I think we can agree it isn't happening in the near future, but history is not on the side of NK dictators.
On the contrary, I think history shows that dictatorships can be very stable, as long as they are sufficiently totalitarian.

Back
Top Bottom