• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

WTF?

Elixir

Made in America
Basic Beliefs
English is complicated
Nunes gets new info on Trump's skulduggery, doesn't inform the intel committee he's supposed to be heading up, but goes straight to Cheato to tell him all about it, then holds a news conference..
WTF? That's like a detective on a murder case getting evidence about the prime suspect, then going and telling that suspect all about it,the holding a press conference - all without informing his Department. Unbelievable.

Schiff now says there is "more than circumstantial evidence" of collusion. But his credibility is shot along with that of the entire house intel committee. Maybe that's was the intent.
Will the republitards consent to an independent commission to investigate this shitstorm?

Nope.
America is fucked.

It's about power to implement the policies they want. If Trump becomes a liability on that front they'll move against him, otherwise don't expect anything.

So you are saying Trump was tapped, but deserved it? I agree that he and his team did deserve to be tapped.

Listening to MSNBC meticulously lay out the may scandals as this all comes out. Trump, Manafort and others seem to be crooked idiots. Those supposedly investigating this officially seem to be mostly a pack of stumblebums. It looks like eventually we will see Watergate type scandals and impeachment. As all of this shakes out, it's going to be infuriating. Incompetence and arrogance, always a bad combination.

Nunes gets new info on Trump's skulduggery, doesn't inform the intel committee he's supposed to be heading up, but goes straight to Cheato to tell him all about it, then holds a news conference..
Actually, he "gets" this "new" intel, has a press conference on the White House lawn and then goes to tell the President... and then maybe at some point inform his committee.

And this is from the guy who says leaks on intel from FISA warrants are against the law.
Schiff now says there is "more than circumstantial evidence" of collusion. But his credibility is shot along with that of the entire house intel committee. Maybe that's was the intent.
It can be the only intent. This scandal is huge. An Attorney General fired, Intelligence Committee investigation compromised.

This is where obstruction of justice starts creeping in.

It's about power to implement the policies they want. If Trump becomes a liability on that front they'll move against him, otherwise don't expect anything.

What's the outcome of that?

We'd have to wait & see. It largely depends on timing & how much the Republicans think they need to do to advance their interests. For Trump the worst case, though unlikely, is them telling him that he needs to resign ala Nixon, because there are the votes in the Senate to remove him from office. I think working to undermine him is more likely.

An Attorney General fired, Intelligence Committee investigation compromised.

This is where obstruction of justice starts creeping in.

"Creeping" might not be the right verb... seems more like "storming".

What's the outcome of that?

We'd have to wait & see. It largely depends on timing & how much the Republicans think they need to do to advance their interests.
Well, Trump doesn't have an agenda. Bannon does. Right now Trump is giving in to whatever Republicans want to get votes on this abomination of a "health care" bill. He isn't making a deal, he is giving in just to look like he made something happen.

And oddly enough, that still may not be enough to get this bill passed.
For Trump the worst case, though unlikely, is them telling him that he needs to resign ala Nixon, because there are the votes in the Senate to remove him from office. I think working to undermine him is more likely.
I think this only happens if Trump scorches the Republicans with a veto... or if charges look possible from the investigation into his campaign.

We'd have to wait & see. It largely depends on timing & how much the Republicans think they need to do to advance their interests.
Well, Trump doesn't have an agenda. Bannon does. Right now Trump is giving in to whatever Republicans want to get votes on this abomination of a "health care" bill. He isn't making a deal, he is giving in just to look like he made something happen.

And oddly enough, that still may not be enough to get this bill passed.
For Trump the worst case, though unlikely, is them telling him that he needs to resign ala Nixon, because there are the votes in the Senate to remove him from office. I think working to undermine him is more likely.
I think this only happens if Trump scorches the Republicans with a veto... or if charges look possible from the investigation into his campaign.

I agree. Right now Trump is giving them exactly what they want; he's not giving them political problems, as far as I can tell, that are sufficient for them to fear for their control of the Federal, and most State governments.

Back
Top Bottom