• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

#YAKLA!!!!!

It only killed 1/4 of Americans as Benghazi. Besides... BENGHAZI!!!!

According to Spicer this was an "intelligence gathering" operation. They killed 30 people for intelligence?!

Yemen Raid Had Secret Target: Al Qaeda Leader Qassim Al-Rimi - NBC News

The Navy SEAL raid in Yemen last week had a secret objective — the head of al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, who survived and is now taunting President Donald Trump in an audio message.

Military and intelligence officials told NBC News the goal of the massive operation was to capture or kill Qassim al-Rimi, considered the third most dangerous terrorist in the world and a master recruiter.

But while one SEAL, 14 al Qaeda fighters and some civilians, including an 8-year-old girl, were killed during a firefight, al-Rimi is still alive and in Yemen, multiple military officials said.

On Sunday, al-Rimi — who landed on the United States' most-wanted terrorist list after taking over al Qaeda's Yemen affiliate in 2015 — released an audio recording that military sources said is authentic.

"The fool of the White House got slapped at the beginning of his road in your lands," he said in an apparent reference to the Jan. 29 raid.

Doubt the target would have been secret if they had killed him.

So, the US military conducted an operation and only killed one defenseless child?

I'd say chalk this one up as a win.

I personally don't think presidents should be blamed for military operations gone bad (e.g. like Carter was), unless it really was made hastily and against the evidence. Yet, if Republicans were consistent, they would be all over this. But as we've seen they will abandon any long held position if being consistent means going against Trump. Still waiting for investigations into his financial conflicts of interest and Russian ties.

Imagine if Obama was doing all the same things this guy is, especially with his "apology tour" for Russia.

Now Cheato is saying that calling his botched raid anything but a resounding success is dishonoring the Seal who died.
This is the same Cheato who says he doesn't like John MCCain because he likes people who don't get captured...

What a goddam two faced hypocrite.

Old McCain fires back a nice broadside into Spicer. FFvC toy chihuahua should be careful when snapping at old dogs...he might look even weaker.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mccain-other-critics-owe-apology-dead-n718446
After Spicer's chiding, McCain said his appraisal of the mission was not a criticism of the SEALs who took part — and he cited a episode from his own past when he was a POW during the Vietnam War and American soldiers tried to rescue him and others from a prison.

"Unfortunately, the prison had been evacuated. But the brave men who risked their lives in an effort to rescue us prisoners of war were genuine American heroes," he said. "Because the mission failed did not in any way diminish their courage and willingness to help their fellow Americans who were held captive.

"Mr. Spicer should know that story."

So, the US military conducted an operation and only killed one defenseless child?
Why did her mother/grandfather let her stay in an Al Quida safe house anyway? That's how the other Al Alwaki kid got droned too - he went to look for his terrorist father (not knowing he was already with the 72 virgins) and got caught up in an unrelated strike.

Old McCain fires back a nice broadside into Spicer. FFvC toy chihuahua should be careful when snapping at old dogs...he might look even weaker.
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mccain-other-critics-owe-apology-dead-n718446
After Spicer's chiding, McCain said his appraisal of the mission was not a criticism of the SEALs who took part — and he cited a episode from his own past when he was a POW during the Vietnam War and American soldiers tried to rescue him and others from a prison.

"Unfortunately, the prison had been evacuated. But the brave men who risked their lives in an effort to rescue us prisoners of war were genuine American heroes," he said. "Because the mission failed did not in any way diminish their courage and willingness to help their fellow Americans who were held captive.

"Mr. Spicer should know that story."

Spicey and Con-way are peas in a pod. Cheato tells them "say this!" and they say that, then take the heat for lying. They serve as a minimally effective teflon coating for Cheato.

I liked the report that the military manipulated Trump by telling him that Obama had refused to authorize the mission.

One of the funny things is that Trump has been protected from his behavior via "non-disclosure" agreements. In his current position, these no longer apply. He best behave because all of this stuff will come out.
I liked the report that the military manipulated Trump by telling him that Obama had refused to authorize the mission.
I have issues with that. There is no "the military". Who exactly said what exactly, and in what context? Were they answering a question?

One of the funny things is that Trump has been protected from his behavior via "non-disclosure" agreements. In his current position, these no longer apply. He best behave because all of this stuff will come out.
I have issues with that. There is no "the military". Who exactly said what exactly, and in what context? Were they answering a question?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...do-james-matthis-qassim-al-rimi-a7566861.html

YMMV

But Defence Secretary, General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joseph Dunford, reportedly convinced Mr Trump to go ahead with the raid by suggesting Mr Obama would never have been so bold as to actually go through with it.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...do-james-matthis-qassim-al-rimi-a7566861.html

YMMV

But Defence Secretary, General James "Mad Dog" Mattis, and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, General Joseph Dunford, reportedly convinced Mr Trump to go ahead with the raid by suggesting Mr Obama would never have been so bold as to actually go through with it.
While I can believe Trump could be trolled in such a way, one thing I notice in that sentence is there are no quotation marks around any of the words. Unless General Dunford is a flat out hawk, why would he do such a thing? Why would General Mattis do so as well? Typically battle plans from a previous admin has a notorious record of failing, and may be the reason why they weren't acted on to begin with.

Of course, if these Generals are full out war hawks, then I can see it, but I still have significant doubts.

While I can believe Trump could be trolled in such a way, one thing I notice in that sentence is there are no quotation marks around any of the words. Unless General Dunford is a flat out hawk, why would he do such a thing? Why would General Mattis do so as well? Typically battle plans from a previous admin has a notorious record of failing, and may be the reason why they weren't acted on to begin with.

Of course, if these Generals are full out war hawks, then I can see it, but I still have significant doubts.

Whaddya want from an leak? Video?

And hawkish generals? Unpossible!

Seriously, tho, I have no idea if, like all the other leaks, if it's true or not, but the thought is amusing in a black humor kinda way.

This is CNN's take on the timeline. It sounds like the military really wanted to do this.

Yemen SEAL Raid Has Yielded No Significant Intelligence: Officials

Last month's deadly commando raid in Yemen, which cost the lives of a U.S. Navy SEAL and a number of children, has so far yielded no significant intelligence, U.S. officials told NBC News.

Although Pentagon officials have said the raid produced "actionable intelligence," senior officials who spoke to NBC News said they were unaware of any, even as the father of the dead SEAL questioned the premise of the raid in an interview with the Miami Herald published Sunday.

Yemen SEAL Raid Has Yielded No Significant Intelligence: Officials

Last month's deadly commando raid in Yemen, which cost the lives of a U.S. Navy SEAL and a number of children, has so far yielded no significant intelligence, U.S. officials told NBC News.

Although Pentagon officials have said the raid produced "actionable intelligence," senior officials who spoke to NBC News said they were unaware of any, even as the father of the dead SEAL questioned the premise of the raid in an interview with the Miami Herald published Sunday.
Well, the White House says that the Navy Seal "died a hero" and can't figure out why saying that isn't enough for everyone else to just move on.

Trump is far more connected to this catastrophe than Clinton was connected to an attack on an Embassy in Benghazi.

It just shows the insanity of all those calls of "Benghazi!!!".

And all those Republican accusations against Clinton and hours of questioning in the Congress.

Well, the White House says that the Navy Seal "died a hero" and can't figure out why saying that isn't enough for everyone else to just move on.
A hero AND anyone who questions the raid is taking a dump on the dead guy...

Reminds me of asking questions at church. It's not that scripture doesn't make sense, it's my fault for having the audacity to question scripture.

Back
Top Bottom