• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yang wants a psychologist in the white house

Jolly_Penguin

Banned
Banned
Basic Beliefs
Skeptic
Didn't see this raised here yet. What do you think about a psychologist being on staff at the white house? I think that could be very beneficial. Its a stressful workplace for sure. And it may help to normalize and draw some stigma away from people seeing mental health professionals.

Didn't see this raised here yet. What do you think about a psychologist being on staff at the white house? I think that could be very beneficial. Its a stressful workplace for sure. And it may help to normalize and draw some stigma away from people seeing mental health professionals.

Wasn't there a movie thriller about the President's Therapist?

The question is, does Yang want someone there to help the president, or is his primary purpose to be there to tell the Cabinet that Mr. FingeronTheButton has gone nutsy fagin?

1967. James Coburn. The President's Analyst

An overworked and overstressed Analyst (thus the title) runs away from his job, the CIA and FBI goes absolutely nuts trying to find him before he can reveal any sensitive secrets. At the time they were worried about foreign powers. Now they'd be worried about the press.

Trump had a physical and was declared to be in great shape (apparently for a potato). Not certain how this would change anything.

Wasn't there a movie thriller about the President's Therapist?

The question is, does Yang want someone there to help the president, or is his primary purpose to be there to tell the Cabinet that Mr. FingeronTheButton has gone nutsy fagin?

The President's Analyst?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_President's_Analyst

I have to admit I have actually seen this movie.

It's a silly idea. What person capable of working at the White House is unable to find and afford a psychiatrist appropriate to their needs? And who would want to talk to a psychiatrist that will to turn around and talk to your political enemy when the session is over? Like most of Yang's platform, it doesn't seem like he thought this one through.

It's a silly idea. What person capable of working at the White House is unable to find and afford a psychiatrist appropriate to their needs? And who would want to talk to a psychiatrist that will to turn around and talk to your political enemy when the session is over? Like most of Yang's platform, it doesn't seem like he thought this one through.

You would want a psych who is competent and has been well vetted as discrete, and has been vetted for security by the FBI and CIA and possibly other three letter agencies.

What the White House needs (at least now) is an HR department.

An office that routinely requires employees (including the President) to complete training modules on things like conflict of interest, compliance with sexual harassment laws, foreign business practices, and company policies like the separation of powers and adherence to the Constitution. If you don't pass the test, you don't get to return to work until you've had some training and a conversation with HR.

An office that routinely requires employees (including the President) to complete training modules on things like conflict of interest, compliance with sexual harassment laws, foreign business practices, and company policies like the separation of powers and adherence to the Constitution. If you don't pass the test, you don't get to return to work until you've had some training and a conversation with HR.

That would possibly be helpful. An inspector general in the white house. But who would the person report to? In the past I would say the supreme court. Today... the press.

But who would the person report to? In the past I would say the supreme court. Today... the press.
Twitter.

Just issued a new round of notices. Bannon is two months late on his Sexual Harassment training. by next week or i tell Mom.

Trump aced his 'conflict of interest' module. Trouble is, he was asleep at the time and Kelly Conway was logged in on the Oval Office computer.

Ivanka won't complete any of her modules. "I wasn't elected, and you don't outrank me, so i don't have to do what you say." Forwarded that email to all of Congress. And all of you, now.

My, my, my. One silly vote in the House, and suddenly everyone wants to review the Impeachment module. You know, the one they all finished in 34 to 48 seconds last year?

Take the seven ethics modules you're ALL delinquent on, then I'll unlock Impeachment again...

That would possibly be helpful. An inspector general in the white house. But who would the person report to? In the past I would say the supreme court. Today... the press.

The majority and minority leaders of House and Senate and any committees designated by them to receive reports on their behalf.

This entire society is in need of a great deal of therapy.

The corporate state media that lies us into bogus wars?

I'm absolutely on board with this one; it's absurd that we don't already provide some sort of centralized care for positions which are well known to be among the most stressful in the nation (and within which the consequences of mental breakdown can be quite severe to multitudes of other people).

As if those folks don't know what they've done, sure.

As if those folks don't know what they've done, sure.

Some of it is people not realizing that what used to be acceptable in the old days isn't anymore.

I think that he means a psychiatrist. I don't know what a full-time one might be doing there, but I think that having a psychiatrist on call could be helpful.

Back
Top Bottom