• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yarn Crafts and Arts!

i love arts and crafts. many people prefer them when their free time. its a creativity activity.

i love arts and crafts. many people prefer them when their free time. its a creativity activity.

Hi Mansiparekh. Welcome to the board.

Why don't you stop by The Lounge and tell us about yourself. It's always nice to have new people here.

Hey floof, where do you get your tunisian hooks?
I didn’t want to do Amazon.

Hey floof, where do you get your tunisian hooks?
I didn’t want to do Amazon.

I got them from Amazon. :D The chain craft stores don't carry them. I've looked for them in Michael's, AC Moore, JoAnn's and Walmart. I don't know why they haven't gotten the memo that Tunisian crochet is a thing. Michael's online had only one set and for some ungodly reason it was $150!!! I got mine on amazon for about $5, a whole set of I think 12 hooks, each with its own cable.

If you can find wood hooks, you could drill a hole in the end and string yarn through it with a large bead on the end.

You know - that would be outstanding material for me to make a shower caddy for my kid at college....

How do you join? Just twist like wool or knot together?

I do both with what I'm working on in the photo, but there's no knotting, just looping together and twisting. Here's the tutorial I learned from: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLCAiWBUNg4

This time I wanted a twisted cord, but you can also attach the loops and work with it as-is without twisting into cord, which is way faster and easier, like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1kg2Z_wCIo

Last edited:
I do think I’ll stay with my original plan, which is fabricating out of plastic mesh - that way there aren’t nooks and crannies to hold the mold.

I do think I’ll stay with my original plan, which is fabricating out of plastic mesh - that way there aren’t nooks and crannies to hold the mold.

Agree, and it's not the most sturdy material even spun and would probably fall apart a lot quicker than plastic mesh. These bags are fine to make totes out of and stuff like that, but something that's going to be getting wet all the time, probably not.

Apologies to Rhea, I acted selfishly and unilaterally changed the thread title to reflect the common usage of 'Arts and Crafts'. If you feel it in your heart I encourage you to change it back to 'Crafts and Arts', but at least for this short time before then all was right in the world.

Um, sorry, no-can-do rousseau. Gonna have to change it back. Nobody puts a corner on baby.

I don’t know how to change a thread title, [MENTION=63]rousseau[/MENTION] so I’ll need you to make the fix. It really was intentional and for a purpose.

I've been working on a bootie pattern while waiting for the yarn for my other project to arrive. I think I'm about to finalize the pattern. Here's my prototypes so far. They're made of ugly yarn because I don't want to use up nice yarn on experiments.

prototypes.png

I'll have to get back to this project later as my yarn has arrived.

Back
Top Bottom