• Welcome to the new Internet Infidels Discussion Board, formerly Talk Freethought.

Yes I'm a Dylan Fan (for Steve Bank)

Another true story: Many more years before I saw Bruce, Dylan was playing in a town about 30 miles away and a dear friend who had introduced me to Dylan way back in the day came up and my oldest son and one of his friends and a local friend and her brother, sister and sister in law all got tickets together. It was a really really good performance. I think it was maybe...25 years ago or so. Anyway much younger than I am now but had been solidly a wife/mother for decades at that point and as we were leaving the parking ramp, I let a car load of kids get in the exit line ahead of us. Very stop and go, with emphasis on stop so I wasn't in any hurry. Anyway, this girl from the car got out and came back to our car. We rolled down our window and she told us how cool it was that we let them out---and then offered us a hit. I declined-- Which explains why she was so blown away because we let this carload of kids out. Anyway, we both politely declined and then laughed all the way home because it had been...maybe 25 years since either of us were offered pot. Felt like kids again. And now, when I think about that time, it makes me nostalgic for that time when we were kids and went to see Bob Dylan.
They'll stone you when you're riding in your car,
They'll stone you when you're playing your guitar,
But I would not feel so all alone -
Everybody must get stoned!

Back
Top Bottom